• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Retro someone on reddit had a chilling thought, what if the transfer of energy through the asuran waypoint near the beginning of dry top allows the energy to transfer into the ground where it comes out at?

Could be, that vine certainly is drawn to it, and we know Asuran transportation and dragon energy go hand in hand (the original Asura gate network was powered by Primordus' energy). The idea that dragon minions could utilize the fast travel network is kinda scary, though, as theoretically they could strike anywhere at any time.

There's also whatever this is;
watyls80.jpg

Maybe an Inquest Central Transfer Chamber? Maybe the vines grow into the Inquest mine and use the Asura Gate that's in there to spread around the world. Maybe there's an undiscovered Inquest lab in Timberline or that tiny sliver of a zone to the west of it.

Thorgal

Might want to add that the 3.5 million non-China sales was from the first anniversary, before it started going on these crazy half-off sales. I would be willing to bet it's over 4 now, maybe even close 4.5m. That puts worldwide sales at 7.5-8m, potentially.

Done .

Ah yeah, I'll find a good one and get it in there. I think I may remove one of the others though, that's a lot to scroll through right off the bat. At one point somebody in the HaloGAF threads figured out how to have rotating banners so that every time you loaded the page a new one could be loaded. Maybe I'll look around and see if there's a way to do that with the banners.

Went searching for mine if you want to use them .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah yeah, I'll find a good one and get it in there. I think I may remove one of the others though, that's a lot to scroll through right off the bat. At one point somebody in the HaloGAF threads figured out how to have rotating banners so that every time you loaded the page a new one could be loaded. Maybe I'll look around and see if there's a way to do that with the banners.

Hmmm...
Neat!

If you give me more niced framed ones (like your pick of the Labyrinthine Cliffs ones) I'll add them in.

Retro

I can't believe I'm weighing in on lore, but isn't that the design from Scarlet's blueprint on the wall of her desert motel room?

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of too. We don't know what it is, though we do know Scarlet worked with the Inquest and she was heavily into Teleportation technology. I mean, really, it could be anything, but when I look at that, with all the little strings of energy and the little pulses, I think it looks like a big switchboard.

Retro

If you give me more niced framed ones (like your pick of the Labyrinthine Cliffs ones) I'll add them in.

You must share your voodoo with me so I can use it in the OT. Here's one of Thorgal's pics I put in the 'frame' that Miktar made;

2014-06-29kqsbo.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesommme!

Oh and I just noticed, you actually need to put the link/instructions for the gamepad thing right until the "Controller Support" banner. For the moment, people aren't able to download it from the Google drive at all :-/

Retro

Awesommme!

Oh and I just noticed, you actually need to put the link/instructions for the gamepad thing right until the "Controller Support" banner. For the moment, people aren't able to download it from the Google drive at all :-/

Fixed. Also e-mailed you the photo you wanted in the rotation.

Retro

The gaf wars 2 twitter is used so sparingly. Is it even worth mentioning in the OT?

Every time somebody mentions it, the officers talk about using it more often for like, Guild Events and such, and then everyone forgets to use it. I'll try to make an effort to use it more often.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I guess the Steam group lets people find new Steam friends at least, but does the twitter even have subscribers? would it be worth tweeting for events and stuff?

BraXzy

You must share your voodoo with me so I can use it in the OT. Here's one of Thorgal's pics I put in the 'frame' that Miktar made;

2014-06-29kqsbo.png

Added it in :D

I'll email you what to put in the OT

edit: Make one from this too!
iitriKLR9mlUf.png

Charrzooka feat. GAFGuild

Yay! Multiple guild photo's that I'm in!

I mentioned about the Twitter account too Levyne, but I guess it's not needed too much tbf. You'd only end up posting about the missions each week and perhaps the odd guild adventure which you typically post here in the OT.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yay! Multiple guild photo's that I'm in!

I mentioned about the Twitter account too Levyne, but I guess it's not needed too much tbf. You'd only end up posting about the missions each week and perhaps the odd guild adventure which you typically post here in the OT.
Well yeah, I always post everything in the OT first, if there would be any benefit to people who don't follow the OT regularly though, I'd use it for that stuff.

Retro

Map of that new cave system was datamined and it's huuuuuuuuge (same width as Dry Top but half as high). Spoilers!

http://i.imgur.com/Y69ExNa.png

You will be;
1. Non-instanced
2. Part of a larger, zone-wide cave network.
3. Accessible only at specific points, some of which are one way (sinkholes you can drop down into)
4. Home to a massive underground waterway.

I've been wanting a multi-level zone forever, the idea of finding a cave, fighting your way through it, and emerging on the complete opposite end of the map gets me... well, you know.

Anyone on guild server with a new character that wants a levelling buddy?

One of the best things about Guild Wars 2 is, because of down-leveling, whoever is playing with you doesn't have to be on a new character. You win because they come down to your level so they don't just steamroll everything while you try to keep up / tag everything fast enough to get credit. They win because they're still getting rewards and experience appropriate to their level.

The only way anyone loses at Guild Wars 2 is not playing =p

I'll probably be on this evening, give me a shout (I'll likely be on Dhalion, but we'll see what kind of mood I'm in).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You all should be watching Germany vs Brazil. Brazil is getting destroyed, by that German efficiency!!!

The cold, killing efficiency was used in full force by the Germans today.

At least Brazil doesn't have to go far.

BraXzy

Dude, there was an early reading of the big "World of Ice and Fire" book recently, you don't want to know what Tywin Lannister actually did to the Reynes. Song is fuckin' creepier than ever now.

I know that he made sure people didn't try anything with his family again. I vaguely remember some details about lots of dead people but that's about it for me. I haven't read the books. That song is hella haunting though when it comes on in the show!

I just spent 10 minutes in Bloodtide Coast trying to get a skill point firing a cannon, and eventually realised I had to hold down fire to make it raise up.. I wondered why the hell it was shooting at the wall :L

Shiokazu

im still trying to understand why people are making such a fuss over the world cup.

game is so bad it doesnt have gameplay mechanics.

Retro

I know that he made sure people didn't try anything with his family again. I vaguely remember some details about lots of dead people but that's about it for me.

Well, the exact details haven't been said in the novels, but this new book coming out (not part of the series, it's more like a fictional history) explains it. I'll spoiler tag it just to be safe, but since it's ancillary material it's not really spoilers unless you're a huge lore geek.

Basically
Castamere was only a keep and a tower above ground, but all of the old mines they had dug for gold were converted into store rooms, living quarters and such where everyone actually lived. I think they said something like 90% of the place was underground, and because of the narrow gap leading in, it could be defended almost indefinitely by only two men. Tywin dammed a river, sealed the tunnels and flooded the entire place with everyone still inside. It's never been unsealed.

Creepy.

BraXzy

Well, the exact details haven't been said in the novels, but this new book coming out (not part of the series, it's more like a fictional history) explains it. I'll spoiler tag it just to be safe, but since it's ancillary material it's not really spoilers unless you're a huge lore geek.

Basically
Castamere was only a keep and a tower above ground, but all of the old mines they had dug for gold were converted into store rooms, living quarters and such where everyone lived. I think they said something like 90% of the place was underground, and because of the narrow gap leading in, it could be defended almost indefinitely by only two men. Tywin dammed a river, sealed the tunnels and flooded the entire place with everyone still inside. It's never been unsealed.

Creepy.

Holy shit.

On that light note.. it's my birthday as of right now here in the UK! :D 00:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom