• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SourBear

Banned
From MMORPG.com:
The shouts encompass a variety of mechanics, but mostly they are about making him feel like a Reaper. They play into his heavy hitting tanky nature doing things like Weakness, making his attacks unblockable and slowing his enemies with Chill.

A shout that makes all your attacks unblockable. What.

Zeroth

Says the guy who followed him in stealth 'Metal Gear Solid' like .... :D

You're one of them now

thatsthejoke.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
Y'know, only two professions in the game use shortbow, making it the least available weapon in that sense (now that mace is confirmed for revenants).

Therefore one might think that one of the elite specializations would feature shortbow. But we know for sure the new weapons for every class except warrior, elementalist, and thief (and it can't be thief obviously).

Of course sword has supposedly been datamined for elementalist, and I'm sadly dubious that Anet is about to announce 20 new ele skills. And I suppose scepter fills the niche of a rapid fire, pew pew ele style.

That leaves just warrior. Warrior shortbow could actually be pretty cool if it used some of the new position mechanics to achieve a true flanking and strafing style that the ranger shortbow never fully delivered.

Y'know, only two professions in the game use shortbow, making it the least available weapon in that sense (now that mace is confirmed for revenants).

Therefore one might think that one of the elite specializations would feature shortbow. But we know for sure the new weapons for every class except warrior, elementalist, and thief (and it can't be thief obviously).

Of course sword has supposedly been datamined for elementalist, and I'm sadly dubious that Anet is about to announce 20 new ele skills. And I suppose scepter fills the niche of a rapid fire, pew pew ele style.

That leaves just warrior. Warrior shortbow could actually be pretty cool if it used some of the new position mechanics to achieve a true flanking and strafing style that the ranger shortbow never fully delivered.

This is why I like you Moondrop. You always say interesting things.

Unlike Kos. Who just stands there like a Moose! LIKE A GODDAMN MOOSE

SourBear

Banned
Nah. Warrior is getting Spear (on land).
And the Warrior elite spec will be called Paragon.

I can taste the salty tears from Guardians just typing this.

Yesterday night was fun. After doing dungeons and exploring Rata Sum's jail, Ike, Apple and I went to Métrica to hear some funny dialog, and found this weird lv 7 dressed up as a soldier with a rifle and stuff. We decide to see what he is up to and use stealth to track him, like ninjas would. Would be fun going behind stuff and try to not be seen so we could follow him, felt like a Metal Gear mission if Snake could blast shadow fields. Turns out he was in a RP group and they were role playing as a firearm dealer guild.

I'll never understand roleplayers.

I use to follow people around in Black Citadel out of boredom just to see how things play out. A couple of times I guess I was too close and they tried roping me in which made me promptly waypoint elsewhere.

Wallach

jesus christ it pulls all the guys

edit - fuckin' shite the DS1 inherits LB traits and actually generates life force while you're in shroud, geegeeeeeeeeee

edit 2 - hermagerd DS3 gives pulses of Stability...

Yesterday night was fun. After doing dungeons and exploring Rata Sum's jail, Ike, Apple and I went to Métrica to hear some funny dialog, and found this weird lv 7 dressed up as a soldier with a rifle and stuff. We decide to see what he is up to and use stealth to track him, like ninjas would. Would be fun going behind stuff and try to not be seen so we could follow him, felt like a Metal Gear mission if Snake could blast shadow fields. Turns out he was in a RP group and they were role playing as a firearm dealer guild.

I'll never understand roleplayers.

No one does. I for one don't understand how pretty much every single one of them I have seen has terrible grammar and use of punctuation.

Overall this was wonderful. I'm seriously impressed by this. Chronomancer and Dragon Hunter looks cool, but this really is something else. Very cool. I can see why they worked for a long time on this.
This is really the polearm weapon then. Very cool spin attacks! And spin to win on GS #5.

I read on MMORPG than some people wanted more minions, but is that really needed? I mean - Make Minion Master builds better first. There are already plenty of minions.
Also, normally I would hate the cast time for all Reapers attacks, but I really think it makes it stand out from the Greatsword on the other professions. The higher damage gives it a flavor of its own.

Proven

Reaper fast paced action confirmed.
Load of Chill confirmed.
Blood Magic reworks confirmed.
LIFE LEECH AFFECTING HEALTH IN DEATH SHROUD CONFIRMED.

I have officially died and become a Necromancer. The Vampiric changes alone mean that I won't feel forced into being a Reaper. And Reaper synergies with every single trait line. It truly feels like we have six trait lines to mix and match with.

Reaper still feels like a large piece of power creep, which means they must feel like it's currently kite central.

"Something new" next week instead of new specialization confirmed.

They may have just spoiled the Warrior spec name on stream by accident - soldier?
They were talking about the old runes before an old feature pack change?

SourBear

Banned
Highlights from the stream:

Greatsword 1: 3 chain auto attack. Last hit chills
Greatsword 2: Whirling strike. Recharges faster if any enemy is below 50%. The recharge was instant after some health threshold.
Greatsword 3: Vulnerability strike. 12 stacks instantly.
Greatsword 4: Is some sort of PBAoE poison. Casted
Greatsword 5: Is 600 range frontal AoE pull. Can be used while moving.

One of the grandmaster traits was a heal while in death shroud.

Reapers shroud:
Pulsing stability ability
Life force generator on reaper shroud autoattack.
5 second cd 600 range charge.

20 fucking stacks of might on a shout.
On a 25 second cool down.

Blood magic trait changes:
Siphoning will now heal through death shroud!
New trait in blood magic that allows allies to also siphon.
Even more blood magic changes in the works.

Morokh

One thing I was asking myself during the stream : are the new utilities only available when you have the reaper trait line activated, or is it unlocked and available for the whole class once you unlocked them ?

Ashodin

One thing I was asking myself during the stream : are the new utilities only available when you have the reaper trait line activated, or is it unlocked and available for the whole class once you unlocked them ?

Shouts are only available with the Elite spec.

SourBear

Banned

Only with the elite specialization activated do you get the new skills and weapon.

Retro

Just got home, catching up on the livestream notes.

Great googly moogly, Necromancer actually sounds... gasp... fun?

Oooh, I love that they're organizing traits thematically into rows.

Someone said earlier (moondrop?) that everyone might get a thing from a different profession -

Necros now has Shout, Guardian Got Traps, Mesmer got Wells.

I think Warriors will get Kits from Engineer. And I think every Kit is going to contain it's own set exotic weapons. Maybe a kit for a two-handed axe, maybe one for a crossbow, or a spear.
Many of the other skill types don't fit for Warrior because they are magical. It could be Tricks from Thief, but most likely it will be Survival Skills from Ranger or Device Kit from Engineer.

You know.. Thief is also a possibility, but what does Thief really need? It seems to be that Elite specialization try to fix the blind spot in each profession. They are giving players what they lack.

But what does Warriors and Thief lack? They are really good at many things. Both of great damage, high mobility, good survive ability.

Thorgal

hey guys i am back from my training .

Anyone know why wallach and Morokh and Proven have passed out and drooling the floor under ?

* sees Reaper stuff .

Oh , i get it .

Mxrz

Thief - stances, warriors - venoms is my guess. I was right about necros and guardians, but those were pretty easy/silly. Would really love dual torch warrior, but that'll never happen. Well after trap guardians, anything is possible.

Be nice if people wouldn't judge these specializations based on old dungeons/fractals, but people gonna people.

Moondrop

Banned
Reaper still feels like a large piece of power creep, which means they must feel like it's currently kite central.
Kiting in WvW is so bad since the stability patch that this era is now referred to as the "pirate ship" meta.

I'm not sure about Reaper for WvW though, I'll have to see it in action. Life Blast is quite a potent weapon to give up. Looking forward to reaping in PvP with a Reaper title though.

Proven

So I never got around to making that forum post about Blood Magic, but it looks like I didn't have to. So let me try doing it again for another skill related to Necro, but also Guardian.

Title: Shouldn't Retaliation scale with Toughness?

Considering the tease of Vampiric Aura, and how there's a possibility that leaps and blasts through Dark Fields will provide it I've been thinking. Vampiric effects currently do a set amount of bonus damage+healing, then scale with Power and Healing Power affecting either side of the equation separately.

So, why not have Guardians continue their duality with Necromancers? Have Retaliation be reworked to block a certain amount of damage and then reflect that back onto your foe. The damage reflected can be amplified by power and the damage blocked can be increased by your Toughness.

This helps Guardians (a new mitigation skill that makes Retaliation more useful than an extra bit of damage if you fail to block an attack with your low base health pool), Warriors (Spiked Armor in the Toughness line would actually be something that ties really well with both the trait line and everything Warrior), and Necromancers (With the new Spite grandmaster trait and couple of other Retaliation modifiers, it would tie into that "hit me" style Necromancers have that doesn't actually work right now).

Retaliation is a pretty lackluster boon right now, especially since it needed to be nerfed shortly after launch. This turns it into a new mitigation boon that makes sense for classes with low/no access to Protection, while tying strongly into Guardians, Light Fields, and Light Auras.

And then please immediately remove Retaliation from Engineets. They have enough mitigation. Thank you.

Moondrop

Banned
I like the idea that a boon (or trait or skill) can scale differently based on different stats, that's cool. But it's only lackluster in PvP right now; in WvW it's fairly balanced for the situation in which the attacker is striking multiple foes. If retaliation were rebalanced around 1v1s, then it's quite possible that any AoE attack on a pack of enemies with retaliation would feel like you used ice bow 4 (aka instant suicide).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom