• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

2tacos

Is there a Wintersday greatsword? My Necro still looks like Santa Claus.

332px-Wintersday_Greatsword_Skin.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Greatsword_Skin

I dunno how well it'd fit thematically with Santa Claus... but it is Wintersday after all.

Retro

Already thinking about my Sylvari Necro's Fashion Wars strategy. I was originally thinking a Samurai-esque but now I'm not sure. Definitely glad I leveled him and definitely glad I went Sylvari, a race that can slip into "evil-looking" with almost no effort at all.

ok fun tidbit that no one will care about.. lol Rubi's wedding anniversary...and Colin's anniversary.... are the same day as my birthday! =)

Happy birthday! Buy a new avatar, jesus.

Ashodin

I'm getting super ghost of christmas future (scrooged) vibes from the Reaper trailer.

7.jpg

Also one of my favorite scenes from the trailer:

rnZBo2G.gif

The hand that grasps through the ground, then the whirlwind slash.

Oh man just noticed the subtle "hover in the air" as he does the attack. Reaper fucking oozing style. Should be worth mentioning the enemy gets turned around to face the Reaper so that could fuck with players.

Fucking dragonhunter looks pale in comparison.

Mechanically though, us Guardians gonna be doing a lot. I think using Draconic armor to show off Dragonhunter (even though the NAME of the armor fits) was a terrible idea.

Wallach

I'm getting super ghost of christmas future (scrooged) vibes from the Reaper trailer.

7.jpg

Also one of my favorite scenes from the trailer:

rnZBo2G.gif

The hand that grasps through the ground, then the whirlwind slash.

Oh man just noticed the subtle "hover in the air" as he does the attack. Reaper fucking oozing style. Should be worth mentioning the enemy gets turned around to face the Reaper so that could fuck with players.

Fucking dragonhunter looks pale in comparison.

Mechanically though, us Guardians gonna be doing a lot. I think using Draconic armor to show off Dragonhunter (even though the NAME of the armor fits) was a terrible idea.

It really is. Not only that but there's a pretty clear "raven" theme going on (especially heavy while in DS) which is like 110% Norn.

To be fair Dragonhunter got shown off in some garbage looking gear. Not that you were going to look as cool as Reaper anyway, but it wasn't exactly fair.

Ashodin

sNn2NCO.gif

It really is. Not only that but there's a pretty clear "raven" theme going on (especially heavy while in DS) which is like 110% Norn.

To be fair Dragonhunter got shown off in some garbage looking gear. Not that you were going to look as cool as Reaper anyway, but it wasn't exactly fair.

Guess I'll have to wait on the superior Tome Scholar crazy ass book throwin' spec later on down the road

gw2-claymore-of-the-sunless-greatsword1.jpg
going on my Reaper

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zomg happy biiiirthday Callunah! The last page wouldn't stupid show up on my stupid network (suspicious embedded link??) I hope it went swimmingly well.

Reapers sound like crazy fun dungeon times. Incentive to level my Necro and earn a good Greatsword.

I'm in the sky on the way to Ohio right now (yay?), sadly I will be missing both missions and makeups this weekend. :( But, I'm PMing Zeroth instructions now so that he can take care of the lotto for ya'll.

Retro

I'm in the sky on the way to Ohio right now (yay?)

Step 1. Rent a car.
Step 2. Drive to Sandusky (Between Toledo and Cleveland on the shore)
Step 3. Go to Cedar Point.
Step 4. Ride the Magnum for me a couple times, it's the bestest.

Everything else in Ohio isn't worth seeing.

hythloday

Step 1. Rent a car.
Step 2. Drive to Sandusky (Between Toledo and Cleveland on the shore)
Step 3. Go to Cedar Point.
Step 4. Ride the Magnum for me a couple times, it's the bestest.

Everything else in Ohio isn't worth seeing.

There's actually a really sweet diner if you get off the toll road at Lordstown.

There is no diner, only Zuul

Also happy birfday Callunah ^ ^

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I've started playing GW2 on my desktop today. No matter what settings I have on, my framerate tanks to 15-20, slightly better if I look at the ground. I look at MSI Afterburner and it shows that my GPU usage skyrockets to max, while CPU hovers around the same. I have an AMD, HD5770 GPU that I know can run the game. Anyone familiar with this?

CS:GO plays 60 frames with no problem: Different game, I know.

Moondrop

Banned
F2 for offhand skills
I think Ash is on to something here. One new weapon per class, and if it's an offhand weapon, that would fit such that you could still use the original F1s of your mainhand weapon.

Although something like dagger/dagger or pistol/pistol would be cooler, granting five new skills and many new build combos, but that's probably too daring a dream.

Looking forward to confirmation of my chill-on-necro GS 1 deduction tomorrow. ;)

If you guys haven't seen Mad Max, do it. That was the crazyestttt shit I have seen in years. daaamnnnn

Warriors -> Survivalist

Get equip with

TORCH

Get equip with

SURVIVAL skills

Get equip with

F2 for offhand skills

NO. Bad Ash!

Warriors should get Staff.

ArenaNet will retrofit many of the underwater polearm/spear/halbeard looking weapon into the existing Staff weapons and it will be perfect.

I see Warrior Staff is a medium ranged stabby-stab weapon as well as a throwing weapon. Maybe including a knockback like this female ranger animation GreatSword #5 (stuff the weapon in the ground and circle around)

Minamu

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I've started playing GW2 on my desktop today. No matter what settings I have on, my framerate tanks to 15-20, slightly better if I look at the ground. I look at MSI Afterburner and it shows that my GPU usage skyrockets to max, while CPU hovers around the same. I have an AMD, HD5770 GPU that I know can run the game. Anyone familiar with this?

CS:GO plays 60 frames with no problem: Different game, I know.
MMOs are very cpu-heavy but you shouldn't get that kind of fps outside of the world boss fights. Do you have the latest drivers and all that? And what graphics settings do you use? It's an old and poorly optimized engine so CS:GO will always perform better :)

Warrior get Daggers, get to see Moot/Incinerator combo. probably won't happen, but it makes sense they are the master of weapons, why not give warriors the one Melee weapon they don't have..

Warrior get Daggers, get to see Moot/Incinerator combo. probably won't happen, but it makes sense they are the master of weapons, why not give warriors the one Melee weapon they don't have..

but daggers are only good for combing your unicorn or applying Quaggan butter on your toast. It's not an option!!111

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yeah to be fair the only good dagger users are necro and ele and even then they seem to get nerfing lately

MMOs are very cpu-heavy but you shouldn't get that kind of fps outside of the world boss fights. Do you have the latest drivers and all that? And what graphics settings do you use? It's an old and poorly optimized engine so CS:GO will always perform better :)

At the lowest settings with 1080p I get 50 fps looking at the ground and a maximum of 30 looking anywhere else. I have the latest drivers, and I know the game should run better. I'll look into the problem a little more.

Zeroth

Yesterday night was fun. After doing dungeons and exploring Rata Sum's jail, Ike, Apple and I went to Métrica to hear some funny dialog, and found this weird lv 7 dressed up as a soldier with a rifle and stuff. We decide to see what he is up to and use stealth to track him, like ninjas would. Would be fun going behind stuff and try to not be seen so we could follow him, felt like a Metal Gear mission if Snake could blast shadow fields. Turns out he was in a RP group and they were role playing as a firearm dealer guild.

I'll never understand roleplayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom