• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

So I guess no teaser today? Unless I am jumping the gun.

There's always the possibility that there's no teaser because tomorrow is an update, rather than Thursday being a reveal. I might be wrong, but they didn't drop a teaser the week they started repairing Lion's Arch; maybe the construction project will take another step forward?

Thorgal

Instead I was productive.

Gross .
jaztMpR.gif

Spyware

Wooh, I can play again! And even better, I managed to get SweetFX and -nopatchui to play nice together so I can have a shortcut for each account! It's soooo great not having to type in the passwords two times per day :D

I managed to get another warrior to 80 some day ago btw, making it my... 26th or something. Hard to keep track now. :p

Maybe... You got some spyware?
Oh you!

Boo, are you planning to upgrade to 10 in a month? Meg's new PC came with Win8 loaded and it's just the worst. Maybe upgrading to 10 will solve it, or no?
I'm actually a Win8 fan *ducks* and has never had any problems with it until now. If that thing that "greeted" me after the reinstall is what is common I understand the hate. Watermarks all over the place, problems with every little thing I tried to install and I don't know what. I solved all of the problems by installing Windows from scratch again and now it works perfectly, just like before this whole circus.
I will probably upgrade to 10 asap tho. I wish the little upgrade popup would appear...

I wish the little upgrade popup would appear...

Just make sure you've run Windows Update enough, and rebooted enough, for it to install all the updates. I've managed to get the upgrade icon to appear on every PC I've tried it on, you just gotta make sure all the updates are installed.

holy cow, the final missions in living story in Orr gives some sweet rewards. Got 3 charged lodestones from a reward bag. Thats a nice incentive to pack such good rewards. im going to do orr map completion on the orr maps too!

Proven

Two guesses as to why no teaser today:

1. Lion's Arch update tomorrow.

2. 3 Specializations + 1 other + 1 Revenant is likely supposed to be a block of updates, but since E3 is coming up they don't want to start on the next cycle until afterward.

In other opinions, they should have had the Stronghold beta this week instead of last week, especially with Heroes launching at the same time.

Dead

well not really...yet
So like, is there a Charr body type that won't clip with a greatsword on its back?

Wanna make a Warrior Charr, but when running and with a greatsword on the back, shit just clips into his ass every step he takes, this is with Skinny Charr.

Retro

So like, is there a Charr body type that won't clip with a greatsword on its back?

Wanna make a Warrior Charr, but when running and with a greatsword on the back, shit just clips into his ass every step he takes, this is with Skinny Charr.

Which greatsword are you using? My Charr Guardian is a (I think) one size up from the skinniest body type and I can't say I've ever noticed it clip into him (float kinda far from his back, yes, but never the opposite).

Morokh

So, with Mad Scientist weapons supposedly coming today, it seems we have a new trend with BLTC items :

1 outfit + 1 set of matching weapons + 1 back item.

If you look back it started with the Imperial outfit matching the Crimson Lion weapons and the Ram Backpack, and then the Daydreamer set.
No mad scientist back piece announced yet, but it sounds like a pretty safe bet, data-mining will soon tell.

Dead

well not really...yet
Which greatsword are you using? My Charr Guardian is a (I think) one size up from the skinniest body type and I can't say I've ever noticed it clip into him (float kinda far from his back, yes, but never the opposite).
Just one of the basic starter great swords. Just made a character to test out, maybe the other sword styles clip less?

Just participated in my first big ass world boss in Sparkfly Fen, the Dragon. Holy fuuuuck, seemed like there was 1000 players at once. So fun! Tons of loot, achievements, etc. So satisfying.

My Elementalist is now lv 63. Might ask for a Gaf Guild invite next time im online. This game is my new addiction and I cant stop playing lol. I had bought it when it originally released, but havent got into it til now since I now have an actual PC capable of playing games :lol

Ashodin

So, with Mad Scientist weapons supposedly coming today, it seems we have a new trend with BLTC items :

1 outfit + 1 set of matching weapons + 1 back item.

If you look back it started with the Imperial outfit matching the Crimson Lion weapons and the Ram Backpack, and then the Daydreamer set.
No mad scientist back piece announced yet, but it sounds like a pretty safe bet, data-mining will soon tell.
Nnnnnnnhh the greatsword!!!!!

I'm actually relieved when I see weapon sets that are not for me.

As it is now, the weapon BL weapon sets I would like to complete are Chaos and and Lovestruck.

Retro

It's not listed in the patch notes, but you can now select a preference for which game type you want to play in PvP. Seems like that has been requested an awful lot.

Edit: That_Shaman datamined a HoT preorder with "Deluxe" and "Ultimate" editions listed. Still no price or release date.

Morokh

Grabbed the Crismon Lion focus before prices go insane in case I end up wanting it for my Ele at one point.

As for the new weapons the green mist effect is wayyyyyy tooo present on some of them .... not sure about the hammer for my engi, but i'm tempted with the shortbow for my (soon to be CHarr) thief :x decisions decisions .....

Levyne

Banned
New blog post too

The next content update is bringing changes to Guild Wars 2, and we’re excited to tell you all about them.

Lion’s Arch Rises

Citizens! The good people of Lion’s Arch have been working hard and waiting patiently, and after a long period of healing, it’s nearly time to unveil the brand-new face of the city. In light of the relentless attacks on the port, the new design is fortified against attacks while still providing a warm and welcoming cultural center for the city’s diverse residents.
We asked for your help in deciding the names of significant landmarks, and players from around the world answered the call. The results are in, and the following names will be part of the new Lion’s Arch:

Canal Ward → Commodore’s Quarter
Lighthouse → Phoenix Roost
Lion’s Court → Lion’s Court
Air Base → Lion’s Arch Aerodrome
Memorial → Field of the Fallen

Keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums for an upcoming discussion of player events to celebrate the grand opening.

Specializations

Core specializations are also on their way, bringing updates to traits and skills for each profession and making it easier than ever to create the builds you want to play. Read up on core specializations in this blog post by Jon Peters, and check out the recording and summary of our four-hour specializations livestream for an overview of the changes to each profession.

So the next "content update" will have the core specs. I dunno if that means two weeks or not.

Retro

Yeah I just saw that, kind of weird to write a blog post about the next update just as an update comes out... For a second, I thought they were talking about this update, and maybe the patch notes just didn't mention anything about Lion's Arch.

Also, not naming the lighthouse after Graidy is a crime.

Dwayna Outfit might look good on my mesmer though.

Morokh

Yeah I just saw that, kind of weird to write a blog post about the next update just as an update comes out... For a second, I thought they were talking about this update, and maybe the patch notes just didn't mention anything about Lion's Arch.

Also, not naming the lighthouse after Graidy is a crime.

Dwayna Outfit might look good on my mesmer though.

Pulling an E3 'Available now' announcement maybe ? who knows.

Retro

The average player doens't know who that is. I only know because of WP's video for that matter

I guess, it was hard to miss that event during the Battle of Lion's Arch though, and it was definitely one of the more memorable moments. Maybe people just don't remember his name.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm late to comment on the Ventari legend for revenant. I like that they're playing around with mechanics i.e. the tablet, but the healing drops aren't really new tech; they're essentially engi medkits. But that staff rush, holy hell- that's a new WvW meta all on its own.

And I too will be creating a norn revenant; I've got the character designed in all but the name.

It's not listed in the patch notes, but you can now select a preference for which game type you want to play in PvP. Seems like that has been requested an awful lot.
As in stronghold vs. conquest? I'm positively shocked they're going back on this policy. *eyeroll

And I can't believe no one has mentioned the most important data mined feature: Mini Pet Rock is coming.

Wanderer5

I guess, it was hard to miss that event during the Battle of Lion's Arch though, and it was definitely one of the more memorable moments. Maybe people just don't remember his name.

I think that was particularly the problem. Wish I realized who it was when I voted.

Retro

As in stronghold vs. conquest? I'm positively shocked they're going back on this policy. *eyeroll

Reddit is reporting it was there but has since been removed. It looked like all you can do is give a preference, not queue separately.

And I can't believe no one has mentioned the most important data mined feature: Mini Pet Rock is coming.

People always take things for granite.

Spyware

Since ANet will be at the PC Gaming E3 thing it looks more and more like we'll at least get a price and the ability to pre-purchase during/right after that show.

Anyways...
The pet rock is amazing, the outfit is terrible on every single race/gender combo and I couldn't keep my hands away from the new pistol skin.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also is this new? The patch now has a "playable" area where the game can be loaded even if there is still stuff being downloaded?

Also is this new? The patch now has a "playable" area where the game can be loaded even if there is still stuff being downloaded?

Yes, it means that if you download the game, you can already play before downloading the entire game. For people where it takes 24+ hours to download its a nice feature!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Egh last page was blocked by my work filter again.

I'm pretty damn psyched for LA to be rebuilt finally. It was such a lovely place to relax.

Emitan

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a client crash.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while in the downed state after using a downed skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom