• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God or Master should've had an MA mode with Fuunsaiki. Missed opportunity Bandai. =/

Ezalc said:
I still have hope! He's the only other member of the Shuffle alliance who would be worth putting in the game anyway.

Wha? No Rose or Bolt? Rose would probably have a pretty cool move set with the Rose bits. Rose Hurricane EX Burst would be boss.

MechaX

I'll accept the fact that I'll probably never get the Nightingale. Poor Super-Sazabi; Hi-Nu gets some love but the Nightingale never does.

Ezalc

Wha? No Rose or Bolt? Rose would probably have a pretty cool move set with the Rose bits. Rose Hurricane EX Burst would be boss.

I've never liked Rose, the rose bits would just work like funnels anyway and there's enough of that in this game. He brings nothing interesting as a unit. Bolt has more potential than Rose but he was the member of the Alliance that even the creators barely cared about seeing as he almost never actually did anything, I love G Gundam and even I can barely remember anything about him besides the fact that he uses the same weapons (basically) as Turn A gundam, the chail flail thing. Maxter is a boxer and that's already interesting as a fighting style. I don't remember him using it in the anime but he also has guns at his waist so that could bring in some "wild west shooting" elements to his overall play-style. I just find him the most interesting contender besides my German Ninja from the G universe. I still don't understand why Dragon got in over him.

This is incredibly tempting but I don't know how to buy stuff in amazon JP since I can't understand the site at all :(.

There should be an option to switch to English at the top of their site.

You'd need a forwarding service like Tenso to ship outside Japan though, as Amazon.co.jp will not ship games internationally.

Ezalc

There should be an option to switch to English at the top of their site.

You'd need a forwarding service like Tenso to ship outside Japan though, as Amazon.co.jp will not ship games internationally.

Sounds like it's not worth the trouble after checking some stuff out. Maybe I'll just get it from play-asia or something eventually.

Yeah, 99.999999% of AmazonJP Marketplace selllers won't ship outside Japan, and the cost savings are pretty much nullified by using a third party to buy it for you.

Keep an eye on Ami Ami and ebay. They're your best bet for getting the game for less.

Ezalc

Yeah, 99.999999% of AmazonJP Marketplace selllers won't ship outside Japan, and the cost savings are pretty much nullified by using a third party to buy it for you.

Keep an eye on Ami Ami and ebay. They're your best bet for getting the game for less.

Thanks will do!

kiryogi

Banned
So anyone know if amiami is in stock? It doesn't show anything on the site that signifies its sold out... I'm prob going to place a order tonight. I'm so excited.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just got this up.

Is there any resource where I can learn how to play or should I just pick it up as I go along?

matmanx1

Just got this up.

Is there any resource where I can learn how to play or should I just pick it up as I go along?

Lots of resources, actually. 3 major things helped me and I'll list them here. 1st was the Gamefaqs movelist. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/641161-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs/faqs/63453

2nd was the Guide Donkey Show linked over at Unlimited Brett Works. It's fairly cerebral stuff but it does explain the flow of the game really well. https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/gundam-exvs-guide

3rd is watching lots of matches and practicing what you've seen and learned. Narrowing down a suit or a couple of suits early on for Online mode will definitely help you get into the win column faster as competition is fierce but oh so much fun.

Good luck and have fun and feel free to hit me up online anytime for some matches!

Haly

Thanks, I'm reading the gamefaqs right now and just going through suits to find some I like.

Atcha

Need more 2000 and 1000 units.

Here's the unit movelist for Freedom and Zeong:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641161-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs/61623485

EDIT: LOL Fllay is in the cutscene with Kira when he full EX activates.

O2T5X.jpg

holy cow ! *love*

matmanx1

Sloooowly making my way through the Commander tier of Trial missions. If I can get in online room with good connections that's where I prefer to spend my time but my fallback is Trial Mode so that's what I did last night. I got a couple of emblems knocked out but then got stuck on trying to S rank the mission against Haman's Quebeley using the FA ZZ. It's a cheap mission because she's in Awakened mode the whole time and to get the S rank you have to kill all the grunts and her pretty quickly.

The upside is I've got the Remove the Armor mission unlocked and can get about 55k points in a couple of seconds. Time to upgrade some suits!

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm I wonder if the stock status was wrong @ amiami... Gonna have to wait for Monday JST to find out XD I prob won't have my copy for another week or two regardless depending D:

Haly

I'm liking Gunner Zaku, although I'm still not sure how to use its CS or the Grenades.

matmanx1

Awesome matches as usual, Gundam-GAF.

Sorry I had to jet so quickly but yesterday was my 10th out of 11 days to have worked and I was absolutely exhausted. And by my play and win percentage, it showed. After not having been online to play in a couple of days I was just bad but I appreciate the invite.

Awesome matches as usual, Gundam-GAF.

Indeed. It went on way longer than I thought it would last night. That was a good 6-7 hour session or something like that.

6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg

Damn man, hope you get that fixed soon. We need you back!

I'm liking Gunner Zaku, although I'm still not sure how to use its CS or the Grenades.

CSa is more for long range punishes but it's something you don't necessarily want to use in your arsenal on the regular. Grenades can be used either offensively or defensively since they stun for either setups or just needed space, especially when you're out of ammo. Holding 8AB will make Luna throw it further and 2AB will make it throw it shorter. I tend to use the BC version of the grenade throw since it throws 4 at once with a wider spread and the grenades charge rather quickly. Singles are effective as well.

Sorry I had to jet so quickly but yesterday was my 10th out of 11 days to have worked and I was absolutely exhausted. And by my play and win percentage, it showed. After not having been online to play in a couple of days I was just bad but I appreciate the invite.

It's all good. Just come back when you're up and ready. =)

After last night, I ended up liking The O more than the Gottrlatan. It's pretty sexy with its Sarah shield when you have no ammo. Gotta use the CSb more often though in those situations as well since it doesn't take out any ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom