• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuddyDrawers

Neo Member
As for Hildolfr, are you running the shot rotation correctly? Against Master and Full Cloth you'll need to run away and shoot your sub (as I recall) to knock them down. In particular, you'll want to zig zag or boost around them so they have to correct themselves. I'm not an expert with Hildolfr though but that's kind of the way i usually take on rushers with him.

Thanks for the advice; it'll be helpful to me and my partner. What do you mean by shot rotation?

Shouta

Thanks for the advice; it'll be helpful to me and my partner. What do you mean by shot rotation?

Hildolfr's tank mode is where his big damage is. He has the sub/AB shot (6 rounds) and a rotating A shot (Flame/High Speed/Shrapnel, switch with B). What you want to do is sprinkle your A shots with your AB ones. If you rotate and time your shots properly, you'll rarely run out of ammo. You need to do this because timing single shots to cut or hit enemies is very difficult because it uses an arcing trajectory. Because of the nature of his firing mode and the average distance you want to keep, it's more likely that you'll only hit 1 in every 4 or so times you fire and that's why you want to keep yourself shooting as much as possible, hence properly rotating them so you're firing one while another is recharging.

What this means in the end though is that you'll be pressing a lot of fuckin' buttons while you play him, more so than the other units.

MuddyDrawers

Neo Member
Oh ok, I've mostly been spamming/pressuring with the sub and using the High Speed and Flame to punish landings. I need to work on the timing more because there are occasions where I'll be out of ammo for 3 or 4 seconds.

Awww shit... next DLC is Freedom...

6.jpg

and... ZEONG!!!

1.jpg

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/01/ps3-gundam-extreme-vs-dlc-zeong-freedom.html

Motherfucking toaster head up in dis.

1/26 according to Famitsu... so real soon! Looks like we might see some Full Boost units like Strike Noir in. :D

Oh yeah, watch Tekno's recorded stream of last night for some fun action with the GAF crew: http://www.twitch.tv/moodyshuffle/b/305109562

xero273

YES SUPERIOR FREEDOM!

I actually think freedom was better to use in Next then SF.

Hopefully we also get full boost balance changes.

FUCK YEAH!!!! :D :D :D So how much are these DLC units supposed to cost again? I might just bend over for Freedom. ;_;
500 yen a pop. As for more DLC, I can assume we can expect more since Bandai knows they can milk us dry with it, heh. We'll just have to wait two weeks to find out.

It'd be cool if we got new units every two weeks until Full Boost comes out. :3

Hmm, Looks like I'll be picking up both...Oh and I used japan-codes.com a few weeks ago. They were great. I paid in the morning and had the code emailed to me that evening.

500 yen a pop. As for more DLC, I can assume we can expect more since Bandai knows they can milk us dry with it, heh. We'll just have to wait two weeks to find out.

It'd be cool if we got new units every two weeks until Full Boost comes out. :3

500 yen each, about $6.5. But unless you have a japanese credit card or know someone who does you'll have to buy points online.

http://www.japan-codes.com/psn/
Thanks! Good thing Hi-Nu is free. What are the chances that we'll see a bundle dlc with all units for a discounted price?

Thanks to Amishpriest we both got our 10 wins in a row trophies tonight. Nice to get that one out of the way.

Thanks to you too for the help :). Still a ways away from 100 wins but I suppose I'll get there eventually.

I've been going over that beginner losing streak correction guide (belated thanks for posting, donkey show) . It almost reads especially in the "General mistakes you may be making" section like it was specifically written for me lol. Hopefully I can actually put the info to practice and at least be a more effective rear guard. Particularly when it comes to impatient movement and firing without a purpose/green lock firing.

Thanks! Good thing Hi-Nu is free. What are the chances that we'll see a bundle dlc with all units for a discounted price?

Forgive me for this, but... LOL.

This is Namco Bandai we're talking about. It's never going to happen. It's as likely as EXVS coming to the states
Prove me wrong Bandai!!!

Atcha

Need more 2000 and 1000 units.

Here's the unit movelist for Freedom and Zeong:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641161-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs/61623485

Freedom (2500)
Shot: Beam Rifle
Melee: Beam Saber
Sub Shot: Plasma Convergence Beam Cannon/ Rail Cannon
Special Shot: Hi-Mat Full Burst
Special Melee: Special Movement (Side Spin)

Zeong (2000)
Shot: Arm Mega Particle Cannon
Melee: Wired Arm
Sub Shot: Arm Mega Particle Cannon (Concentrated Fire)
Special Shot: Abdomen Mega Particle Cannon
Special Melee: Wired Arm (Extension)

EDIT: LOL Fllay is in the cutscene with Kira when he full EX activates.

O2T5X.jpg

matmanx1

I'm liking the DLC selection thus far but am unsure how much more cash I want to invest. The first 4 units cost me $29.99 (the price of the PSN card) so that's more than $7 a pop. Might be time to stick with what I've got because surely 64 units is enough?

Ahh who am I kidding. I'll definitely pick them up at some point. Freedom is just way too cool!

matmanx1

Thanks to you too for the help :). Still a ways away from 100 wins but I suppose I'll get there eventually.

I've been going over that beginner losing streak correction guide (belated thanks for posting, donkey show) . It almost reads especially in the "General mistakes you may be making" section like it was specifically written for me lol. Hopefully I can actually put the info to practice and at least be a more effective rear guard. Particularly when it comes to impatient movement and firing without a purpose/green lock firing.

I absolutely agree. Once you realize how important boost and ammo management is a whole new world opens up for you. Then you can take those fundamentals and start putting them into actual practice on the field of play. I know I still have a ton to learn and a long way yet to go but just learning those few basic principles has already helped my win percentage.

Is this game sub-HD? It looks blurrier than most 720p games which begs the question is it upscaled? Did the pixel counters have their way with this yet?

Ezalc

Zeong! Any more DLC or is this the last batch?

I hope there's more DLC coming. I'm still holding off on the game until I get Spiegel, Maxter, or Char's Zaku.

Though another reason was full boost which I thought Bandai would try to pull a Capcom on us, but with this new DLC that doesn't seem to be the case.

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
I hope there's more DLC coming. I'm still holding off on the game until I get Spiegel, Maxter, or Char's Zaku.

Though another reason was full boost which I thought Bandai would try to pull a Capcom on us, but with this new DLC that doesn't seem to be the case.

Given the fact God's stolen Maxter's flame punch attack he used in Next, that sounds like the initial nail in coffin of his return :/

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Just ran into Kusano123 and his partner Amulet (on Zeta) twice in ranked. Good games Kusano!

Deadly

So is the price on play-asia the msrp? My friend is going to go to Japan so I was considering asking her to buy it for me there. Would it be cheaper that way?

Bebpo

Banned
I haven't bought any of the DLC (waiting to see which units come out since I don't have the cash to buy them all at 500yen each) but Freedom is day 1. Will go online and play as nothing but Freedom for an entire day. No one can escape jesus yamato.

Ezalc

Given the fact God's stolen Maxter's flame punch attack he used in Next, that sounds like the initial nail in coffin of his return :/

I still have hope! He's the only other member of the Shuffle alliance who would be worth putting in the game anyway.

I don't really see a point in Char's Zaku either as there is already a 2000 cost 0079 Char in the game.

It's just me wanting one of my favorite units. Gouf custom is pretty fun but it doesn't have the move three times faster or whatever thing Char's Zaku has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom