• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It only took 1 week for me if I remember well (Europe). I'd wait one more week before contacting them if I were you.

I'm going to wait until Friday either way, but my last order from then took about 5 days to arrive, so I'm assuming my shipment was lost. If they think I'm going to let them charge me for a reshipment though..

matmanx1

I'm going to wait until Friday either way, but my last order from then took about 5 days to arrive, so I'm assuming my shipment was lost. If they think I'm going to let them charge me for a reshipment though..

I ordered a Gunpla kit from Hobby Link Japan on the 15th of December and it arrived at my house yesterday ( East Coast USA). Unless you get the really expensive shipping option it's all pretty slow during the month of December.

matmanx1

Despite my love for Arche Gundam I had to try something new today. Arche is fun but I don't think he fits my playstyle and I find myself wanting more tools to play with than he offers.

On a whim I jumped into FA ZZ (since I've been using him in that one Trial mission I need to improve with him anyway) and decided to run some Free Battle missions. After the warmup I jumped online and won 7 out of my next 10 including 5 in a row. Now it helps that I had good partners but right away I felt more comfortable in ZZ and was landing more hits and living longer thanks to the heavier armor and more defensive playstyle. ZZ's shoulder beams and missile swarm seem especially suited to keeping people out of your face and that's a big plus for someone like me who like's to eat swords for breakfast.

I'm not retiring Arche by any means but if I ever want to reach 100 wins I definitely need to do something different and maybe ZZ will help me get there. I'm approaching 80 (76 or 77 wins I think) so the goal actually appears to be in sight!

matmanx1

I do wonder how many copies Bandai shipped to Asian regions though. And how many copies were exported to other countries. There certainly seems to be a healthy non Japanese community for online play which would indicate a non insignificant number.

Anyone order with YesAsia with free shipping? How long did it take? I'm on my third week now.

The last items I had ordered from them took 4.5 weeks from them (I'm located in Canada). Last time I ever used them. Cheap shipping from Play Asia is usually 2 weeks for me.

I would wait another week, then give them a shout if it hasn't arrived.

I do wonder how many copies Bandai shipped to Asian regions though. And how many copies were exported to other countries. There certainly seems to be a healthy non Japanese community for online play which would indicate a non insignificant number.
A couple weeks ago, Namco said they did ship 500,000 copies (which was their target for the game). As to whether or not that was Japan only, I don't know.

Atcha

I love those game :D

f92bad763f9911e180c9123138016265_6.jpg

Yes, gundam Universe is still on blister... ( since August 2009 though )

PsP CFW ...

I just finished watching Gunpla Builders and it'd be cool to see that level of customization in a newer VS game. I know there'd be something that ends up being broken or OP, but it'd be pretty damn sweet having your own customized MS.

shuri

Banned
whats the name of that site that sells you jpn playstation points cards and they email you the code within hours?

I figure i'm going to buy a big card and buy all the new models

rivals

So is Play Asia still about the cheapest place to find this? I want to grab a second copy because I have an extra PS3 collecting dust and it would make it much much easier for my gf and I to practice since it looks like we'll continue entering NCIs together, but I don't exactly want to drop another $80+. I'm not opposed to buying my second copy used (especially since I already have the pre-order dlc on my first console) but I've checked ebay and craigslist and haven't had luck finding anything yet, and considering it's an import game I don't have much hope.

I think I saw a copy that was around $80 shipped on ebay. Aside from that, Play-Asia is probably the best way to go.

Also, was bored yesterday and finished S ranking the rest of the Extra mission trials. Now to attempt to full gold arcade mode. =S

Oh yeah, that one session we had last Friday easily went over 100 matches. I was looking for a specific match in replay and it was lost to the wind. =( Anyway, here's some The O, Gottrlatan gameplay vids I took from random matches on Saturday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZbSg0VngCo

matmanx1

Some sort of voice chat would be much appreciated, especially by those of us who could use the most improvement.

Got stuck on the Commander tier mission where you have to shoot down Dragon, then God and finally Master Gundam while they are in EX mode and you only have 1 life. Any suit recommendations? I almost did it with Unicorn and the beam magz but it's fairly tedious.

Some sort of voice chat would be much appreciated, especially by those of us who could use the most improvement.

Got stuck on the Commander tier mission where you have to shoot down Dragon, then God and finally Master Gundam while they are in EX mode and you only have 1 life. Any suit recommendations? I almost did it with Unicorn and the beam magz but it's fairly tedious.
Well, we just need to come up with a consensus as to what program to use. :)

As for your query, what suits do you have that are either maxed or close to maxed out? I remember using Full Cloth way back when on that particular mission.

Coxy

I did it pretty easily with DX, they just walk into the satellite cannons, any of the good keepaway units is useful since melee will likely get you mauled

I remember maxing out Unicorn and beating it with "beam magz" strats.

matmanx1

When in doubt, Beam Magz

Yeah my Unicorn is close to maxed and I should be able to beat it with that. DX might be slightly easier though with the Satellite Cannon gerobi beam of death. At any rate the whole mission is just about playing keep away properly while being rushed at by the very fast G Gundam units. I just need to make less mistakes. =p

matmanx1

After about 10 tries I finally got past that Gundam Fight! mission that I was asking about earlier. I could get to Master Asia every time no problem and then one of his moves would catch me and kill me as I had a hair of health left before I killed him. I finally used Unicorn and activated NT-D mode after I'd whittled him down to half or so and just emptied the beam gatling clip into Master Asia as he was trying to do the rushdown and then NT-D wore off in time for 1 final beam mag shot to the face for the win. It was pretty darn epic.

10 missions to go in Commander Tier and then it's on to the really hard stuff!

"Been having some fun with TGIII and its SV fun. Still trying to get the timing down for the SV zunda. It's strange, heh."

I have problems with it online depending on the connection, but I'm pretty consistent with it offline now. What I do is BR, pause, SV~BR, pause, SV~BR. Doing the SV and BR commands like one continuous motion. If you've ever done something like kara canceling in a fighting game, something similar to that, but not as fast with the SV~BR input.

10 missions to go in Commander Tier and then it's on to the really hard stuff!

Try not to pull your hair out when you get to the newtype missions. :D

"Been having some fun with TGIII and its SV fun. Still trying to get the timing down for the SV zunda. It's strange, heh."

I have problems with it online depending on the connection, but I'm pretty consistent with it offline now. What I do is BR, pause, SV~BR, pause, SV~BR. Doing the SV and BR commands like one continuous motion. If you've ever done something like kara canceling in a fighting game, something similar to that, but not as fast with the SV~BR input.

Yeah, its definitely similar to doing a kara cancel, but not as strict. But you are right, it is harder to pull it off online when lag is present, especially when you want to BR while moving during the SV instead of stopping. Personally, I like doing the back SV away from melee users and pelting them with BRs or the whip. So good at evasion.

MechaX

I swear, it's getting harder and harder just to get a match online during the evening. Either I get kicked from the room even for winning, or I get a teammate that does absolutely nothing even with a full 2v2. The latter has actually happened quite a few times tonight. I would assume that it's mostly JPN players where even US players with good connection would still show up as red, but this is getting ridiculous when there is no actual lag in the game. Can't even get on Ranked because of similar issues.

Shouta

Yeah, Ranked is really nasty with the JPs. I've taken a few nights off because the JPs were starting to piss me off in fact.

MechaX

I ended up getting exactly one ranked match in before getting lost in menu limbo. And the player matches were not that much better this time around, and was more frustrating than anything else.

Tonight was not a good night for Gundam, I'm afraid.

FSLink

Banned
Well the topic title definitely grabbed my attention. Great title change. Just ordered a Japanese copy and it'll be here before the weekend! :D

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Sorry i haven't been around. The world is conspiring againt me being able to sit down and enjoy this lately. :<

I'll probably be on for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom