• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Like, in arcades?

I'm really fighting getting this now. Seeing The-O footage is making it very difficult. last gen I imported about every Gundam game and mech game I could find and I always ended up getting frustrated not knowing what was going on half the time (the old vs. games included). I imagine it would be the same with this game. I know it's basically a fighting game but I really enjoy the mission stuff as well and it really bothered me not knowing what the hell was going on.

Doesn't help that the game is going for crazy high prices unless I want to wait 2 months for shipping, and now that bandai-ent burned I can't find Gundam UC vol 4 for less than like $90. It's pissing me off.

Also, I know that if I DO end up buying it, Namdai will announce that it's coming to the US about 3 hours after my order ships. Which happened with all the other vs titles I imported.

edit: also, still no Bawoo, wtf...

I'm really fighting getting this now. Seeing The-O footage is making it very difficult. last gen I imported about every Gundam game and mech game I could find and I always ended up getting frustrated not knowing what was going on half the time (the old vs. games included). I imagine it would be the same with this game. I know it's basically a fighting game but I really enjoy the mission stuff as well and it really bothered me not knowing what the hell was going on.

Doesn't help that the game is going for crazy high prices unless I want to wait 2 months for shipping, and now that bandai-ent burned I can't find Gundam UC vol 4 for less than like $90. It's pissing me off.

Also, I know that if I DO end up buying it, Namdai will announce that it's coming to the US about 3 hours after my order ships. Which happened with all the other vs titles I imported.

FUCKING GET IT!!! =)

We usually rock GAF matches as well, so you can come in and we can help you out. ^^

Also, thebrett is streaming some ranked matches right now if you want to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett

JKTrix

Don't fight it!

If there's something you don't understand, there are a bunch of people right here who can help. I think the whole bandai-ent thing is yet another big deterrent for this game being localized anytime soon. So I doubt the game will be announced 3 hours after you order it, but if it is...I know there will be many people who would thank you :p

Bandai Visual releases Unicorn though, not Bandai Ent. There is a difference, and I'm sure it's part of why that company was having problems. I think BV quit the BD releases for some reason.

Boogdud

I thought only two Gundam Vs games were localized last gen.

Sorry, I was exaggerating. But I never thought GvsZ would come out in the US and sure as crap, there it was, right after I imported...

Namco HAS to be considering bringing this over. If DW3 can come over, surely there's room for this game. It's actually good....

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Sorry, I was exaggerating. But I never thought GvsZ would come out in the US and sure as crap, there it was, right after I imported...

Namco HAS to be considering bringing this over. If DW3 can come over, surely there's room for this game. It's actually good....

AFAIK licensing and VA issues means this game has no chance of coming here. And of course the fact that it's actually good and we can't have nice things.

JKTrix

AFAIK licensing and VA issues means this game has no chance of coming here.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly a factor. This isn't like Super Robot Wars. All of the Gundam shows are (or were) licensed by the same company here.

VAs wouldn't be that big of a deal. Unless there is some kind of contract preventing it (which I imagine might have dissolved with the anime company), they could just do it without them. Though that would limit its western appeal even more. The music definitely won't make it over.

They probably wouldn't want to go through the effort. I somehow doubt Namdai is the kind of company to do projects out of 'love' for its fanbase.
R. Kelly for Gundam EXVS Full Boost main theme pls.
I would accept it as a replacement for Linkin Park in the localized version!

MechaX

Its not so much licensing of the individual series, but licensing of the vocal songs that may do a localization effort in. They could just take all of them out, but that would leave the game with like 3 songs. And Namco probably wouldn't even attempt to go down the road that required some semblance of effort.

Ezalc

If this makes it over to the US I will only buy it if they track down Domon's VA in Canada and get him to shout BURNING FINGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR and now HEAT END along with LOVE LOVE SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!

R. Kelly for Gundam EXVS Full Boost main theme pls.

Ignition Remix would be the best intro to Full Boost, cuz it kinda makes sense! He already has the masked man thing down.

thoingtoing.png

Eat your heart out Gackt.

Spent a good amount of yesterday evening trying this game out for the first time. It's sooo good! Really diggin' the Infiinite Justice, F91, and Gunner Zaku. Really want to get better with Cherudim and TGIII, but I'm just not pickin' up what those suits are puttin' down.

Managed to S rank all of the missions in the first set for Trial Mode, although I'm pretty sure a lot of those S's were practically handed to me on a silver platter since it was essentially all tutorial. The one with all the Ez8s was the only one I didn't S on the first try.

Arcade Mode is pretty cool, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. I've seen some of you guys posting pics with the entire board lit-up, but every time I finish a match it only moves me over to the next space and I can only select that particular mission.

Haven't tried any online matches. Not enough courage.

All in all, I'm so glad I got this bad boy! My first ever import was a success! Gunna to hop back on this evening and try to get the hang of IJ's grapple move.

AFAIK licensing and VA issues means this game has no chance of coming here. And of course the fact that it's actually good and we can't have nice things.

Bandai is pretty much giving up on Gundam in North America, not the best chance of this making it. I hate to be all Debbie Downer, but it's the truth.

matmanx1

Finished up all of the Commander tier missions today although not with all S ranks or anything. I still also have 3 emblems to get off of the Commander tier and all 3 of them are going to be a pain because you need an S rank for two of them and an A rank for one of them. I'll eventually get them but right now I'm just glad to have that tier completed.

Attempted 1 Newtype mission and I can definitely see how it's going to be very hard. That's ok though as I'm not in any hurry.

Do we know how much additional DLC is coming?

After next week, we have no idea. Technically, it could keep going until Full Boost comes out considering we had no clue Blue Destiny or Zeong were going to be added from the first DLC teaser of Arche, Freedom, The O, and Gottrlatan.

MechaX

With that said, there seems to be a significant amount of people betting on Strike Noir at some point (for some reason).

is zeong going up next week? I may wait on getting a jpn psn card till then.

Yup, on the 26th. Freedom and Zeong.
With that said, there seems to be a significant amount of people betting on Strike Noir at some point (for some reason).

Well, if we were to go by the already announced suits for Full Boost (which included Zeong and Strike Noir), there's quite a possibility considering there's media of its in-game model already completed.

uopYY.jpg

some sort of DLC that allowed you to edit the colors of a gundam would be awesome.

I'd totally take the HUD customization that's in the arcades already.

JKTrix

Additionally, I would like to have 'auto-random' for free/player matches and an easier way to view replays. Maybe even share them, but more importantly I want to be able to look at online replays without having to download them, exit that menu, then go to a different menu to watch them.

Unless I'm missing something.

MechaX

Aw. I missed Thursday Fundam due to school.

But I got a couple of good matches in on the player match tonight. The 10 consecutive wins trophy still eluded my grasp twice in a row (each time on 9 wins). One day, trophy, one day.

As a funny story, one newer player ended up picking DX. I was pretty much shouting at my TV "USE THE TSC! USE THE TSC!" and the entire match went by without him using it. Such a criminal misuse of the DX. It's like playing Unicorn for its normal mode melee and not its Beam Magz.

Haven't played in a while, Macross Last Frontier has been getting most of my play time lately. Hopefully some upcoming DLC gets me excited about playing some more.

MechaX

How is Last Frontier anyway? My Macross game experience is pretty limited; only played that arcadey PS2 game, Ace and Ultimate Frontier for the PSP.

Better than Trial Frontier. I finally got around to watching The Wings of Goodbye so I figured I could play the game without having anything ruined.

^ Damn, still nothing?

bgypN.png

I hope we get a good group going tomorrow like last friday night

Yeah, Friday Night Fundam like last time would be awesome. Shit went on for ages!

distantmantra said:
Better than Trial Frontier. I finally got around to watching The Wings of Goodbye so I figured I could play the game without having anything ruined.

Is it longer than Trial Frontier?

Now my copy is @ customs in san fran . . XD

Almost there broham!

I'll be down for some Friday Fundams in about 9 hours. Probably going to farm the Kris mission for an hour to get my all units max out trophy and then hop online tonight.

Do DLC units count for that BTW, or can they be skipped?

I'll be down for some Friday Fundams in about 9 hours. Probably going to farm the Kris mission for an hour to get my all units max out trophy and then hop online tonight.

Do DLC units count for that BTW, or can they be skipped?

I think they do count because when I got my gold for that particular trophy, I already had the DLC suits and the last unit I MAXed was Raphael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom