• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
I AM GUNDAM!

has arrived XD I won't be free until midnight PST at earliest due to work though. . .

But the big question now, for folks using a stick, what's your button config setup like or suggested?

I AM GUNDAM!

has arrived XD I won't be free until midnight PST at earliest due to work though. . .

But the big question now, for folks using a stick, what's your button config setup like or suggested?

Assuming you have the traditional Hori/Madcatz button arrangement, the "Arcade Stick 1" preset is perfect.

Code:
A B C
S   O

A=shot
B=melee
C=boost
S=search
O=order

OP has a good pictoral reference too.

GGs ju_bern, mecha, jktrix (PSzudah'd), shouta, coxy, and tekno. Good times like always. =)

Ugh I really do want to buy it but a bunch of issues prevent me from jumping on it at this moment. I'll have to see what happens.

Hope it works out for you mang. You need to get in this.

I'm up for some matches tonight, feel free to send me an invite/friend request/cash money.

Just finished up our session since we kept timing out. =( Might be on in the morning, which would be night time your time.

FSLink

Banned
Got my copy the other day, been messing around with the Trials and a bit of multiplayer with friends.

My PSN is amodestproposal if you want to kick my ass. I'm in Texas.

Sorry I missed out on last night. Went out with the wife for some drinks and crashed hard when I got back home. =S

For all you new folk, welcome! If you're having a hard time figuring out what the menu screens are and what options are available, use this menu translation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ__a2V5cIk

Hopefully I'll be up for some Sunday Fundam. ^^

Yo. I'm in there.

tumblr_ly7hee1tws1qdzoq5o1_500.png

How do you guys platinum so fast?
I take forever =(

LOL, just keep at it. This is actually an easier platinum to get versus other games.

Also, EXVS still at the top of the arcade game charts in Japan!

http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/

#1 Mobile Suit Gundam vs. Extreme
#2 AQUAPAZZA-AQUAPLUS DREAM MATCH-
#3 BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT II
#4 Battle Royal Dragon ZENKAI
#5 Tekken 6 BLOODLINE REBELLION
#6 SUPER STREET FIGHTER Ⅳ ARCADE EDITION
#7 MELTY BLOOD Actress Again Current Code
#8 Virtua Fighter5 FINAL SHOWDOWN
#9 ARCANA HEART3
#10 GUILTY GEAR XXAC

Hey dudes, after kinda thinking about it for a while I decided to jump in and get Gundam Vs Extreme. The tutorial vid that thebrett did on Twitch helped a lot. I have a few questions.

I bought the Asia version off of P-A is it fully compatable with the JP version as far as online play? Also, will I need to buy DLC off of the HK or JP PSN store?

I look forward to learning the game and playing with GAF dudes!

Hey dudes, after kinda thinking about it for a while I decided to jump in and get Gundam Vs Extreme. The tutorial vid that thebrett did on Twitch helped a lot. I have a few questions.

I bought the Asia version off of P-A is it fully compatable with the JP version as far as online play? Also, will I need to buy DLC off of the HK or JP PSN store?

Yes, we've played with lots of people who have the Asian version online (I have the JP version). I've also heard the JP DLC works with the Asian version of the game.

When you get a chance, jump into the IRC room that's in the OP and drop your PSN over here as well.

Also, teknopathetic streams our GAF matches every once in awhile. You can check out some of our previous ones here: http://twitch.tv/moodyshuffle

I've uploaded some of our matches as well on my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/gevurah22

Grats for jumping in on some Fundam!

matmanx1

Good to have you and Kiryogi and any other new folks who have joined recently. I have the Asian version and play with the JP folks just fine so no worries there! You guys have gotten yourselves a fantastic game so enjoy it!

Thanks for the answers DS, I ordered my copy FedEx so with any hope I will be jumping in on the Fundam this week if my previous P-A orders are any indication :D
No prob mang. Gamefaqs also has a move list guide for all the suits, including the DLC ones.

Also, this Thursday is when we get new DLC in the form of Freedom Gundam and Zeong!

You know, if the Vita ever got this game, it'd be my system seller.

Ezalc

Now that the new DLC is getting released on thursday, how long do you think it'll be before they announce the next set?

Spiegel will be announced this time. I BELIEVE.

Cross fingers. We've been surprised with Blue Destiny out of the blue. ^^ Logically though, we'd see more Full Boost units like Strike Noir, Throne Drei, or Gyan.

And the JPs are mad picky with their rooms. I was in one where you had to be less than 50% win percentage but higher than a particular rank. So dumb. And it doesn't help that I'm red to them even though there was no significant lag when I played them.

MechaX

On random nights where you're itching to go through Player Match but most of Gundam-GAF may be doing other stuff, I would recommend checking to see if the "Yellow USA" room is up. I ended up getting a ton of matches tonight, and its usually up on random nights. Plus, they won't kick you on sight like most JPN rooms.

Boogdud

Everyone knows it's going to be the Ex-S... I can't even say that with a straight face.

Would be nice to see some advance of zeta stuff though (since we'll never really see sentinel stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom