• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If spiegel gets announced I'll probably take the 100 dollar hit and import this

Ah damn, moved to community! :O

Anyway, gonna start looking at Hildolfr as a 1000 main now. Gotta try to get that brake cancelling down and hopefully move from there. ^^

Updated tier list is out with placements for The O and Gottrlatan.

https://sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-extreme-vs/tier-list

S Full Cloth Crossbone, Destiny, Strike Freedom, Qan[T] > , Master
A Turn-X, High-nu, Unicorn, nu,
B V2 00 DX > Wing, Turn-A

S Infinite Justice, Tallgeese
A Z > Crossbone X1, The O
B Arche, Deathscythe, God Gundam, Cherudim, Gottrlatan > ZZ, Sazabi, Sinanju, Raphael
C Qubeley, X2, Kshatriya

S Char
A Forbidden, Dragon > Susanoo, Heavyarms, Blue Frame
B Dynames, Blue Destiny, Virsago, Gundam, Gold Sumo, Strike, Delta, F91, Hyaku Shiki > Messala, Gunner, Red Frame, Providence, Exia
C GP01, GP02

S Zaku2 > Hildolfr
A LaGOWE, Gouf
B Berga > Ez8, Red Qubeley, Zuda
C Alex, ACGuy > GunEZ

MechaX

On the subject of good 2500 cost units, I tried to play Zeta in a few of the matches last night. It doesn't play nearly as awkwardly as it did in Next Plus, but the suit just feels... strange. What's an effective way to use the Zeta anyway?

On the subject of good 2500 cost units, I tried to play Zeta in a few of the matches last night. It doesn't play nearly as awkwardly as it did in Next Plus, but the suit just feels... strange. What's an effective way to use the Zeta anyway?

Haven't played Zeta much, but it's definitely a mid/close range unit. Since you have reload and can shoot the BR 3x without having to BD, I'd play it like Unicorn sorta. You can use the BC for some wake-up games as well since it stuns. AB tracks rather well with its missiles. Remember it also gets super armor when you EX activate.

JKTrix

If you didn't notice, Zeta can shoot off 3 rounds without having to boost dash/'zunda' them. That already makes him pretty different than most other characters with beam rifles. I believe he gains super armour when he's in EX mode and his Burst attack deals pretty big damage in one quick hit. I imagine those are some of the things that determine his strength.

His Mobile Armour/Waverider/Transformation is something that I liked to use when I started using him, though I can't really give any tactical tips for that.

MechaX

I learned about the Zeta's beam rifle in a middle of the match where I was like "zunda, why u no work!?" I think learning Zeta might be advantageous for me getting better at the game; I feel like my comfort zone is in ranged, but as most Gundam-GAF already knows, I'm still pretty rubbish at close range. Since Zeta is a mid/close mix, that may ease me in better.

And this is why I love this game; you get bored with a couple of units, there are still 30 highly varied other units you can play and learn.

Kusano123

Neo Member
Haven't played Zeta much, but it's definitely a mid/close range unit. Since you have reload and can shoot the BR 3x without having to BD, I'd play it like Unicorn sorta. You can use the BC for some wake-up games as well since it stuns. AB tracks rather well with its missiles. Remember it also gets super armor when you EX activate.

Man, I have been playing around with Delta Plus, but I think I should just switch to Zeta instead. I assume Zeta does everything that Delta can do, but better right? I feel Delta just always gets destroyed at close range. I even feel helpless when my Delta's melee was too slow to even punish a whiff attack from a Gouf. Also, my Delta combos drop way too often
when BC fails to connect. T_T

Man, I have been playing around with Delta Plus, but I think I should just switch to Zeta instead. I assume Zeta does everything that Delta can do, but better right? I feel Delta just always gets destroyed at close range. I even feel helpless when my Delta's melee was too slow to even punish a whiff attack from a Gouf. Also, my Delta combos drop way too often
when BC fails to connect. T_T

Yeah, Delta Plus' melee sucks nuts.

But I'll be dropping Hildolfr and using Goufy Time. It clicked instantly for me for some reason when I started using it. =)

Ezalc

So I have another DLC question. I know that the next set is supposed to be revealed in the next few days, but they'll just show like screenshots right? When do they release gameplay video of the new units?

So I have another DLC question. I know that the next set is supposed to be revealed in the next few days, but they'll just show like screenshots right? When do they release gameplay video of the new units?

There's typically a preview video a day or two after the DLC gets released. We'll see.

The videos even show up on the Japanese PSN feed.

Ezalc

There's typically a preview video a day or two after the DLC gets released. We'll see.

The videos even show up on the Japanese PSN feed.

Hm I thought the video came like a week or so later. Thanks man, I'll keep an eye out and every available limb crossed for Spiegel.

MechaX

Somehow I bumbled my way to a few wins as Zeta online, but man. Unlearning zunda with this unit is pretty hard. More often than not, I find myself in the position where the Zeta does that turn in midair to shoot, which is no good. But I have no idea if I'm supposed to just fire the three shots in succession, or BD the first shot when I'm sure I have a solid hit, and then rapid fire the other two. And the length of how the inputs stay registered even during rainbow steps is messing with my timing on its close range combos, especially since its 4/6b attacks knock the enemy ridiculously far away.

But regardless, I feel potential with this one.

matmanx1

I know Zeta is much higher in the tier list in the 2500 range but I have more success with ZZ. I don't know if he's truly easier to play or if I've just been lucky with him. ZZ isn't too exciting because of his lack of agility but the firepower and ranged options are definitely there.

The O places pretty high in the new rankings I see. I haven't played him much but he seems like an easier to suit to be successful with. I need to spend more time with The O because playing him is pretty fun.

I haven't tried to play much online in the last week. I've gotten 10 or so missions done in the Newtype trial tier though and had a few buddies come over for some arcade and vs matches last night. Both of them are big xbox guys but love Gundam (we watched Unicorn episodes in between gaming!) and both of them want to buy EXVS after playing it. It's too bad there's no localization plans because they would love to get their hands on it and the import option is still pretty pricey.

Somehow I bumbled my way to a few wins as Zeta online, but man. Unlearning zunda with this unit is pretty hard. More often than not, I find myself in the position where the Zeta does that turn in midair to shoot, which is no good. But I have no idea if I'm supposed to just fire the three shots in succession, or BD the first shot when I'm sure I have a solid hit, and then rapid fire the other two. And the length of how the inputs stay registered even during rainbow steps is messing with my timing on its close range combos, especially since its 4/6b attacks knock the enemy ridiculously far away.

But regardless, I feel potential with this one.

This might make it easier for you when having issues facing the opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=02m26s

ZZ isn't too exciting because of his lack of agility but the firepower and ranged options are definitely there.

I try to bait melee's with supa arma gerobis. If I reach half health, charge up dat CSb for Hi Mega armor purge then run away with my new found weight loss, heh.

And my love for Goufy Time keeps growing. Really really enjoying the suit. =D

xxEs6.jpg

So yeah, Freedom and Zeong later on today. =D

MechaX

This might make it easier for you when having issues facing the opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=02m26s

As always, you are a life-saver, Donkey. This is doing the trick for the facing problems I had for the Zeta, and it still consumes less boost than a typical zunda.

Now all I need is to get used to the EX Burst Attack (it hits and whiffs on angles that I wouldn't even expect and I keep forgetting that Waverider Crash can be useful with SUPA ARMOR) and finding good times to transform and I'll be in good shape with the Zeta. So many people online so far have fallen for the Beam Confuse on their wake-up, its ridiculous.

Shouta

I got the units, Freedom is definitely an all-rounder, solid enough melee, lots of shooting. Zeong is shooting up the butt.

Gonna get Freedom, don't think I'll ever use Zeong, so I'll save my 500 moonbucks for something else...

Like the onslaught of Gundam UC DLC that will be coming...

MechaX

Picked up Freedom and Hi-Nu (because I didn't get it before hand).

I heart Freedom. Its rolling attack is kinda strange in terms of attack angles (at least for the full Hi-Mat burst), dunno if it has a more poignant use outside of emergency boosting if you're running low or if you're in an unsafe position.

When considering I'm all about shooting, maybe I should have picked up the Zeong. But Bamco missed a good opportunity to have its EX Burst Mode be Perfect Zeong!

In terms of Hi-Nu, God damn its funnels are strong. Nothing like Sazabi's pea-shooter funnels!

But man, I have been on some serious losing streaks online these past couple of days. Starting to get pretty frustrating more than fun. Perhaps coming to the game after a long day at school isn't quite the best idea.

MechaX

Played around with Freedom some more online.

While its a fun and flashy suit, it doesn't seem to be meshing well with my play-style. With melee mostly out for me (The Freedom does kinda have an Issen, but there is no way any person will fall for more than two swings, especially with BD), it has standard zunda, but its typical hi-mat bursts (both regular and the 2ab) don't track that well at all. Like the Strike Freedom, it also has slightly less HP than others in the 2500 class.

Regardless, the Freedom probably isn't going to tear me away from Katejina's suit anytime soon.

NEO0MJ

I swear my net is cursed. I really need to upgrade it. Maybe then I can finally show a yellow connection =(

In other news, I'm really digging Zeong. It's size may be annoying but it's really fun to zone and trick with it. Plus that little head gimmick won me a match today, it gave my partner time to save me after an Arche was gonna kill me.

MechaX

Boo. Missed thursday fundam (and will miss even more of possible thursday fundam since I'm going out for some drinks). I'm down for some friday fundam all the way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom