• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my copy this morning, damn this game is so good. It is too bad it will probably never see a release outside of Japan. Played 3 ranked matches (even though my connection to Japan is kinda ass) Actually won one of them! Our team was double Infinite Justice and we did well. I actually even held my own with some 1000 point ranked players. I figured I would hold off on trying anymore online for now seeing as how it is 3 in the morning in Japan.

My PSN is monkyofdoom if you guys want to add a scrubby new Gundam player :D I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for when you guys do Fundam nights.

Got my copy this morning, damn this game is so good. It is too bad it will probably never see a release outside of Japan. Played 3 ranked matches (even though my connection to Japan is kinda ass) Actually won one of them! Our team was double Infinite Justice and we did well. I actually even held my own with some 1000 point ranked players. I figured I would hold off on trying anymore online for now seeing as how it is 3 in the morning in Japan.

My PSN is monkyofdoom if you guys want to add a scrubby new Gundam player :D I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread for when you guys do Fundam nights.

Coolio and welcome to the Fundam! If you have an IRC client, jump on Espernet into the #gafgundam room. We're pretty active there and set games up aside from here as well.

Anyone currently playing? My poverty BD and Zeong want to play.

Not that I know of. I might jump on in an hour or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FINALLY
gundam15j7l.jpg

zoner said:
awesomefuckinggame.jpg

YES! Welcome to Fundam!

Hit up the IRC and drop your PSN in the list in the OT.

Can't find this game anywhere online.

Only Japan Video Games but it is $110, seems kinda high.

http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Extreme_VS/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4d4m.html

$102, takes about a week.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...gundam+extreme$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Much cheaper but on back order.

distantmantra said:
... where are you new DLC announcement?

I wonder if that's it?

I'm guessing that's it unless they throw us a big surprise next week.

That's what I was figuring, too. Oh well, nice selection of DLC units.

In all honesty, we really can't complain considering there's already 60 units right from the get go. I'd be surprised if Scamco didn't milk the DLC even more granted Full Boost is on the way. They know people will buy more... like me. =(

But yeah, the DLC was great and none of them were complete duds.

I wonder if full boost will include the DLC suits or if it will force you to buy them like with UMVC3.

Well, they said Full Boost will include the DLC suits right out the bat on top of whatever new units they plan on putting in, i.e. Noir, Reborns, Gyan, Drei, Stargazer, etc.

We're at least 18 months away from any sort of home release for Full Boost at this point. Gotta get as much money as possible in the arcades, first.

We're at least 18 months away from any sort of home release for Full Boost at this point. Gotta get as much money as possible in the arcades, first.

Considering EXVS is still running super strong at the arcades as of now on top of the new payment system Full Boost is getting, I'm sure they're appropriately milking... which is probably why we don't have LAN and HUD customize for the PS3.

Considering EXVS is still running super strong at the arcades as of now on top of the new payment system Full Boost is getting, I'm sure they're appropriately milking... which is probably why we don't have LAN and HUD customize for the PS3.

Maybe we'll get an incremental "EXVS Plus" like PSP got Next Plus.

Would honestly consider buying it for LAN, lol

Squatto

Neo Member
After being a lurker on the GAF forums, I finally decided to register when I saw this topic about Gundam Extreme Vs. I thought it would be awesome to talk about the game.

I ordered the game a while ago, and finally received it! So if possible, I would like play with you guys. I used to play Federation Vs. Zaft 2 on the PS2 and thought I was pretty good at it, though I apparently suck at this game.

Anyway add me on PSN if you guys want, my PSN name is the same as my GAF name: Squatto.

Ezalc

I'll be mad if G only gets 3 units compared to the 5 it had in the PSP version. What the hell Scamco?! Booooooo! And to continue awesome Gundam post:

Took this a few hours ago. You guys may have one type of fundam but I have my own! Also if anybody notices parts missing it's because:

a) They're old.
b) I moved so I disassembled them a bit.

@Atcha gg to you too!

After being a lurker on the GAF forums, I finally decided to register when I saw this topic about Gundam Extreme Vs. I thought it would be awesome to talk about the game.

I ordered the game a while ago, and finally received it! So if possible, I would like play with you guys. I used to play Federation Vs. Zaft 2 on the PS2 and thought I was pretty good at it, though I apparently suck at this game.

Anyway add me on PSN if you guys want, my PSN name is the same as my GAF name: Squatto.

Cool deal and welcome! If you can, join the IRC chat on Espernet @ #gafgundam
Took this a few hours ago. You guys may have one type of fundam but I have my own! Also if anybody notices parts missing it's because:

a) They're old.
b) I moved so I disassembled them a bit.

Gundam Battle Royale!

BTW, we could use more peeps in this room if y'all are down. =)

Ughh, been straight up internet nightmare over here. We just "upgraded" to Comcast Business internet because my dad was worried about hitting the cap all the time. The bandwidth is great but is basically fucked matchmaking on my PS3 which is why I haven't been able to play with you guys yet. Hopefully I can get a solution going pretty soon here.

Ezalc

We posting Gunpla now?
Here are my master grades:

Sz08pl.jpg

RX-79G
RX-78-2 Ver. Ka
WD-M01 Turn A
RX-0 Unicorn Ver. Ka
Not pictured: Crossbone

Mine are action figures the only one that you have to build that I have is Master Asia but it turned out really crappy and I don't know where it is anymore.

We posting Gunpla now?

Sz08pl.jpg

RX-79G
RX-78-2 Ver. Ka
WD-M01 Turn A
RX-0 Unicorn Ver. Ka

Be still, my beating heart.

Oh, and hi Gundam-GAF! I've lurked for a while, and I came in along with the last batch of Juniors. I've had my copy for quite a while, but I thought it'd be better to wait until my account was cleared before I start spamming IRC. (GGs tonight, by the way - I had fun, even when I lost badly.)

Thing is, I've actually met up with a bunch of you before in randoms, which I think is really cool! But I've probably cost you all a bunch of matches too - sorry about that, by the way. I've watched the Gundam Vs. series since GvG, but the closest I got to playing a Vs. game before Extreme was Gotcha Force. Still, it feels familiar, which helps me adjust.

I'm looking forward to playing and talking about the game with everyone.

Loving the new wave of peeps in here. =)

GGs to everyone and definitely keep the discussion going! Looks like lots of you are finding your way to the IRC as well with the help of KYOJI!!!

And yeah, I'm pretty sure I've played with you before too SousedLouse. Good to have you here on GAF!

matmanx1

We posting Gunpla now?

Sz08pl.jpg

RX-79G
RX-78-2 Ver. Ka
WD-M01 Turn A
RX-0 Unicorn Ver. Ka

I want a Unicorn gunpla next. I like the unit in the anime and I like the unit in EX VS.

You new folks make sure you are posting your PSN ID's so we can look out for you online!

Looks like lots of you are finding your way to the IRC as well with the help of KYOJI!!!
Yeah I've never touched IRC in my life until today. I joined the channel but I didn't end up getting into a match because I couldn't find the room you guys were in, plus it sounded like a full house going by the chat.

Yeah I've never touched IRC in my life until today. I joined the channel but I didn't end up getting into a match because I couldn't find the room you guys were in, plus it sounded like a full house going by the chat.
It's open right now. Just message kyouji in the chat since he's hosting if you want in. The rooms are usually private slots, so you just gotta ask someone in the chat. =)

matmanx1

It's open right now. Just message kyouji in the chat since he's hosting if you want in. The rooms are usually private slots, so you just gotta ask someone in the chat. =)

I'm going to have to figure out something so I can see IRC and my PS3 at the same time. I use the same 42" Plasma for my PC and my PS3 so it's not possible to see IRC while I'm playing. One way or another I need to hit up the IRC and get an invite so I can stop playing with randoms. It took me over 15 minutes to find a decent room tonight but once I got in I had some good matches although team quality is always a very mixed bag when running randoms.

Ezalc

Man I don't even know how to use IRC this junk is confusing.

rivals

Tonight I decided it was about time I stopped being lazy and finally got around to hanging out with gafgundam on irc. Played a lot of good matches and got some great advice, ggs and thanks guys! Will start being around a lot more looking for games and chatting in general.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We're usually active from 5PM EST to 9PM EST.

On weekends it's 5PM to 5AM :3

You can access mibbit here: http://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/

In the "Connect" table, expand the drop down menu and click "Esper [webirc]".

Beside "Nick", type the name you want. You can change it freely so no need to fuss over it.

Beside "Channel" type "#gafgundam".

You can create an account on mibbit so it logs you into your channels on startup.

I want a Unicorn gunpla next. I like the unit in the anime and I like the unit in EX VS.

You new folks make sure you are posting your PSN ID's so we can look out for you online!

If you're going for a Master Grade Unicorn model, don't get the Ver. Ka like did. Some time afterward, they came out with another MG Unicorn that has much better articulation. The Ver. Ka design took priority in being able to transform over posability.

matmanx1

We're usually active from 5PM EST to 9PM EST.

On weekends it's 5PM to 5AM :3

You can access mibbit here: http://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/

In the "Connect" table, expand the drop down menu and click "Esper [webirc]".

Beside "Nick", type the name you want. You can change it freely so no need to fuss over it.

Beside "Channel" type "#gafgundam".

You can create an account on mibbit so it logs you into your channels on startup.

Yeah and unfortunately I usually don't sit down to play until 9:30 or so I usually miss you guys. I haven't used mibbit but I might check that out this evening. Thanks for the info.

If you're going for a Master Grade Unicorn model, don't get the Ver. Ka like did. Some time afterward, they came out with another MG Unicorn that has much better articulation. The Ver. Ka design took priority in being able to transform over posability.

Guessing that'll be the same for the Banshee Ver. Ka as well.

Oh yeah new guys, make sure you subscribe to this thread since it will be eventually moving to the Community Forum. Don't want you guys to think it's disappeared off the face of the earth when it does move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a faq or something that tells base damage? I'm wondering if Cherudim's regular shot is better than Dynames' charged shot, and which level. Also, anyone know what dyname's r2 ability(where he shields himself sort of) does other than unlock the sniper shot?

Is there a faq or something that tells base damage? I'm wondering if Cherudim's regular shot is better than Dynames' charged shot, and which level. Also, anyone know what dyname's r2 ability(where he shields himself sort of) does other than unlock the sniper shot?

It's all here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/641161-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs/faqs/63453

Code:
Cherudim a - 140
Dynames a - 100
             CSa (lvl 1) - 90
             CSa (lvl 2) - 110

Dynames GN Full Shield Mode
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Weapon                     |   Ammo   |   Dmg   | Comments
a   |GN Sniper Rifle             |    2     |   90    |
CSa |GN Sniper Rifle             |    --    |90 (LV 1)|Can charge up to 2x.
    | (High Output)              |          |110(LV 2)|
    |                            |          |         |Dynames' red lock range
    |                            |          |         |turns to infinite during
    |                            |          |         |this CSa.
ab  |GN Beam Pistol              |    3     |   86    |
ac  |GN Sniper Rifle (Gerobi)    |    1     |   218   |
bc  |Open GN Full Shield         |  (100)   |   ---   |Switches to Normal Mode.
    |                            |          |         |
    |                            |          |         |The Full Shield will
    |                            |          |         |block all attacks in the
    |                            |          |         |front. The gauge will
    |                            |          |         |decrease as the Full
    |                            |          |         |Shield takes damage.
    |                            |          |         |
    |                            |          |         |Dynames will be forced
    |                            |          |         |out of Full Shield when
    |                            |          |         |the gauge hits 0.

EDIT: Beaten, sorta. :p

MechaX

Heed the FAQs well.

But as a practical matter, also note that you can BD Dynames' normal shot into another shot for additional damage (with Cheridum, the enemy is going to be down if the shot connects). If you're quick enough, you can also combo a shot into his gerobi (the higher powered sniper shot in his shield mode). Dunno how much damage either of those do off hand. But if you plan on playing either one of them, just note that angles that would give clear shots for the Cheridum's sniper are not the same for Dynames's shots, especially since Dynames's shots tend to curve while Cheridum's does not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cherudim's shots have very little curve (if at all), but faster travel time. They also do 140 per hit, nothing to sneeze at.

As for the knock down thing. While it's true Cherudim's A knocks you down, there is actually a window when you can BD into another shot. However be warned, if you snipe someone out of the air and try to follow it up with another snipe as they fall, you'll likely miss. Rather, you need to wait for the precise moment they hit the ground, and then shoot. Whether they're red or green doesn't matter, because the shot has infinite travel distance and they're not going to be able to dodge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom