• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

since we have pyramid pieces, it just occurred to me that someone can make a hang em high/tombstone breakout map.

it'd probably play like shit, but it's possible lol

So I've been working on a 2v2 map for the Forge hub competition. This is what I'm toying with so far.

8Uou8iS.png

648KTEA.png

ZWJGPC2.png

Gone for this whole aztec/forerunner temple vibe. Not coloured any of the pieces, or done any decor etc etc. Thoughts?

So I've been working on a 2v2 map for the Forge hub competition. This is what I'm toying with so far.

8Uou8iS.png

648KTEA.png

ZWJGPC2.png

Gone for this whole aztec/forerunner temple vibe. Not coloured any of the pieces, or done any decor etc etc. Thoughts?

I don't really get Aztec or Forerunner temple more... Modernist villa?

Looks nice tho

How do you save a new copy of your map if it's been hit with the retrieving data bug? I can load it up, rename it etc. just fine, but I can't save it as a new map.

I don't really get Aztec or Forerunner temple more... Modernist villa?

Looks nice tho

The doors were kinda based on the Halo CE Assault on the Control room level...but I guess things got carried away.

How do you save a new copy of your map if it's been hit with the retrieving data bug? I can load it up, rename it etc. just fine, but I can't save it as a new map.

Time. It'll come back.

Frederik

Banned
CenturionOmega and I back at it again!

w9YU6EIh.png

qqJJ59eh.png

!!

cToUZXjh.png

3JlcBCuh.png

VsUvXH6h.png

Have you tried using colors that are a bit more subtle? I'm not a huge fan of the bright, neon colors contrasting the brown default color. I think a more unified color scheme that's not quite as harsh could really improve the visuals of the map.

nillapuddin

Have you tried using colors that are a bit more subtle? I'm not a huge fan of the bright, neon colors contrasting the brown default color. I think a more unified color scheme that's not quite as harsh could really improve the visuals of the map.

nothing is final, that is one of our considerations, thanks for the feedback

Any word of a High Noon remake? Those extra tunnels mattered to me.

we will probably look to adapt our template into that

I use the straight-up Red and Blue colors for easy identification, but for subtle / non-essential stuff I've been using Cobalt for supplementary blues and Maroon for supplementary reds, such as windows.

Frederik

Banned
I use the straight-up Red and Blue colors for easy identification, but for subtle / non-essential stuff I've been using Cobalt for supplementary blues and Maroon for supplementary reds, such as windows.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of using straight up red and blue colors to color-mark each side of the map. If I do that at all I probably wouldn't go further than a light red and blue. I feel like making both sides look different aesthetically does a much better job at marking each side while still (hopefully) looking a lot more natural. Same goes with the use of lighting and shadows. Having one half be in almost complete shadow while the other is completely lit up by the sun is a great way of setting the two halves apart in a really subtle, but also obvious way.

Standoff is a great example of that:
Cx1WoFt.jpg

It has no color-coding on the outside areas while still making it really easy to see which side is which. (although the giant silo on one side helps with that) This isn't as easy to do though as we don't have a lot control over where the sun is pointing at. Still, I'd try anything before falling back on just painting both sides their respective color.

Raide

Is there any way to stop Switches etc from bouncing around after I put them down? Really bugging me that I cannot finish my map idea because putting them down always messes up their position.

nillapuddin

Is there any way to stop Switches etc from bouncing around after I put them down? Really bugging me that I cannot finish my map idea because putting them down always messes up their position.

Select/deselect it like 10 times in a row

(not messing around, fixes it every time)

nillapuddin

oh my goodness, decided I would edit my forgehub signature to replace my old Halo 4 hotlinks with new Halo 5 goodness and ran into my posted threads page. Nothing like the internet to really 'date' you. I sound like such a.... well, kid, teen, whatever.

Fond memories of Revball back in Reach
reach_7359072_Full.jpg

One of my favorite original maps, Brace
diag-1.jpg

Nov 17, 2010.

Phew.

I had alot of fun on Forgehub back in the day, I remember I helped soo many people in the Testers Guild, I loved helping people improve their maps. Its also fun to see my interactions with Secret and the like all the way back then.

I just read on there that the person who made Sandtrap is only 19. Im only 24 and I feel old as hell now, that person is now the old Nilla, remaking maps and being awesome. Good for her.

VeeP

Some seriously impressive remakes. Like that Terminal one, wow.

I actually just saw a youtube video of a Boarding Action remake, looked pretty cool. Replaying some of these maps in matchmaking would be so great. CTF Boarding Action? Frankie pls.

Rampage99

since we have pyramid pieces, it just occurred to me that someone can make a hang em high/tombstone breakout map.

it'd probably play like shit, but it's possible lol

I made it (and it doesn't play bad after tweeking a few things to account for Spartan abilities and how the newer weapons function). I'll post pictures when I get home. I used the Breakout template pieces because I thought Hang Em High looked like it fit as a training facility.

There's a brief fly through in my Xbox Live feed. My gamertag is the same as my screen name here. I still need to do some final touches but the map is completely playable.

God damn, I'm having trouble getting everything symmetrical. A few bits are nearly there, but not quite, and they throw out some other pieces. Frustrating.

Top Bottom