• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

pretty much what I came up with right after I posted that

heres what I did
wEJ5Kuj.png

yup triangles are great for filling those gaps.

So I've been working on a 2v2 map for the Forge hub competition. This is what I'm toying with so far.

Gone for this whole aztec/forerunner temple vibe. Not coloured any of the pieces, or done any decor etc etc. Thoughts?

I like it. I like your other one too, with all the circles. What are the names?

Karl2177

I'm trying to rescale a map and it's really annoying that the 32' x 32' x 48' is actually 32' x 33' x 48'. Another piece that is this way is the 32' x 32' x 16'. The magnets act as if the piece is 32', but it simply isn't.

FyreWulff

At this point they should just add invisible VECHs so you can make pilotable constructions without having to have a hog or banshee as part of it.

like FLYING FAR CAM, FLYING CLOSE CAM, both say "Hold __ to get in flying vehicle", DRIVING FAR CAM, DRIVING CLOSE CAM, etc.

BraXzy

I'll probably get online around 2130GMT.(I'm UK based)

I'll try and make it on. Either way, I'd really appreciate another test of my map if you guys have time to slot it in, not a lot has been done to it recently I'm afraid, but more feedback is always good!

Tag: BraXzyy Map: S 1.18

Is there a way to place a weapon on one of those rotating glowy platforms without it being marked and announced to both teams on the map?

If I set the thing to Red Team for example, only red team members can pick it up, but it's still marked on the map for blue team. Ideally it would be marked and announced for red team members but not for blue team members.

The Kree

Banned
Preview of my 2v2 map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYAxYIOoEA&feature=youtu.be

Geometry is messy please understand.

This is pretty fucking awesome. Reminds me of Genesis from the campaign.

Is there a way you could have the big monolithic structure at the top of the map down closer to where the action takes place? It's cool looking, but where it is now seems like you have to go out of your way to even see it, but it could work well as a landmark if it were closer to the ground.

This is pretty fucking awesome. Reminds me of Genesis from the campaign.

Is there a way you could have the big monolithic structure at the top of the map down closer to where the action takes place? It's cool looking, but where it is now seems like you have to go out of your way to even see it, but it could work well as a landmark if it were closer to the ground.

Thanks. I literally threw that tower down for the video. I'm going to make it bigger and more prevalant on the map but I didn't want to spend too much time on it since i'll be rebuilding everything. That random black box is my "light map" so I have to build my map at least 30 feet away from it.

nillapuddin

Okay so who's got maps they want tested tomorrow? Post em here, and I'll try and get folks on the stream tomorrow night to run through them.

http://bestgameever.co.uk/2016/01/21/halo-5-guardians-forge-friday-livestream/

GT: nillapuddin626

you should find all these in my bookmarks, all have full gametype compatibility and support 1-16 players

Ward - Turf Remix, symmetrical gameplay

AaB3RBh.png

Colossus - Unreleased but finished Colossus remake

- no recent pics, oops -

*You know what to get from my remakes, but I want to really make a case to try out the remixes. It might not be as sexy of a choice, but I would really try Edge if you can, this obviously might sound bias, but its a really neat twist on Foundation canvas.

Also, Ward is very barren in terms of aesthetics, but I honestly believe its a very compelling layout and it can be enjoyable.

BraXzy

Thanks. I literally threw that tower down for the video. I'm going to make it bigger and more prevalant on the map but I didn't want to spend too much time on it since i'll be rebuilding everything. That random black box is my "light map" so I have to build my map at least 30 feet away from it.

Never change Goat, haha <3

The good thing is I don't have to be too precise with this map since it's basically all terrain. Wherever I place something is where it'll go.

Here's what the one platform is looking like on the rebuild.

Your map caught my eye. Been lurking this thread off and on.

Keep at it. Looks like a fun map to traverse, look at, and play.

Halo 5's maps are so sterile geometrically, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Glass

Halo 5's maps are so sterile geometrically, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Yeah this is a big problem for me and the arena maps. You play across 5 different maps but it feels like 2. Coliseum looks like it wants to be a map in a natural setting, but to get the geometry working with the spartan abilities they had to add a bunch of forerunner architecture which works exactly like any of the human metal found in other maps.

Geometrically Coliseum is unlike any other map, though? Aesthetically it's still metallic, but shape wise, other than the corners, it feels very different to me.

Glass

The overall layout of Coliseum is different from your Rigs or Empires, but for me it still feels like everything your jumping on or clambering over are 90 degree metal objects. Truth is an example of something different imo. Nice big round ledges, the surfaces you climb onto are much bigger. It's a breath of fresh air in a sea of square metal maps. Maybe I'm just satly because the planet Coliseum is on looks great but it's then had lots of boring metal geometry plonked onto it.

nillapuddin

What "looks good" has such a gigantic range now

Ex: I really like this guys Epitaph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noI44iktBus

but I bet the same people who said my Turf looks bland will say his map looks bland, and I dont think thats a fair criticism.

That one guys Pit, in which he basically just replaces every single imaginable building block with accent pieces and adds an ungodly amount of superfluous aesthetic pieces, has made people think too hard about what it takes for a map to look "good"

for the record I think that Pit does look really cool, but it is too distractingly decorated for my taste

NOKYARD

What "looks good" has such a gigantic range now

Ex: I really like this guys Epitaph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noI44iktBus

but I bet the same people who said my Turf looks bland will say his map looks bland, and I dont think thats a fair criticism.

That one guys Pit, in which he basically just replaces every single imaginable building block with accent pieces and adds an ungodly amount of superfluous aesthetic pieces, has made people think too hard about what it takes for a map to look "good"

for the record I think that Pit does look good, but it is too distractingly decorated for my taste
I believe you have to find a balance between the two which best suits your map and budget. The Epitaph remake could benefit from 3 well placed accent pieces, better lighting, and some colour. Also, the floating platform should not be static.

Top Bottom