• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
games not even in the top 10 on xbl right now.

cannot believe it. man do 343 need to get some new ways to play in there fast.

im guessing the long term plan is that population of games like battlefront/rainbow/madden/etc might drop but the long term updates keep halo in the mix? idk. its just pretty clear people want some more basic features, fast

Where are you seeing these stats? I wanna see

Edit: master of first post crowned upon me. ;) jk

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
games not even in the top 10 on xbl right now.

cannot believe it. man do 343 need to get some new ways to play in there fast.

im guessing the long term plan is that population of games like battlefront/rainbow/madden/etc might drop but the long term updates keep halo in the mix? idk. its just pretty clear people want some more basic features, fast

There's a ton of games that just came out.
Fallout is taking a lot of people away. I said before it's the only reason I'm not playing. A lot of my friends on my list are the same. All I see is fallout, destiny and halo.

Where are you seeing these stats? I wanna see

Edit: master of first post crowned upon me. ;) jk

Go to store, see all, and it's one of the rows.

I would like to see actual player count numbers. Over the course of launch.

I know the Xbox store shows most played but wasn't sure if it was accurate. Isn't for online though?

But yeah according to that halo is pretty low

Is a bit bad when madden NBA and rainbow six beta are all about halo. Rainbow even has heavy connectivity issues.. But I am digging rainbow more than HALO 5. Seems like it could turn out good if I don't get tired of it.

Magwik

Banned
So you get in a ghost and then 30 seconds later you die
Is everyone that moans about spawns as a bad as you?

I'm sorry that hopping inside the ghost after spawning right outside of the enemy base at the beginning of the match seemed like the best idea at the moment. The fuck dude?

Not talking about aim assist or reticule friction.

Talking purely about deadzones and stick acceleration.

Well the biggest difference between Bungie aiming and 343i aiming is Aim Assistance vs Bullet Magnestism. Bungie favored Aim Assistance which lowered the skill floor, but also lowered the skill ceiling. 343i tends to favor bullet magnetism which also lowers the skill floor, but I think maintains the skill ceiling.

Yeah maybe if it worked. 343 still trying to get 1 10th that population h3 had though

Maybe everyine is just waiting for forge to be back, that's it.

Spoiler alert, it works now, nobody wants to play molasses Halo.

arimanius

So I kept every few I had at 3 and sold the extras. Ended up around 100K in req points. I only have about 22% customization and 35% in load out. What's everyone's opinion on which packs I should buy to get the most bang for my buck?

Bessy67

So I kept every few I had at 3 and sold the extras. Ended up around 100K in req points. I only have about 22% customization and 35% in load out. What's everyone's opinion on which packs I should buy to get the most bang for my buck?
I think the general consensus is to buy bronze until you get all the common items, then buy silvers until all you have left are rares.

It takes longer to find games in MCC than Halo 5...and it's working now.
Go outside of America. If I find more than 3 games in 6 hours it would be a miracle. And lag is bad enough to where of it worked it's still unplayable. But that's expected without servers here. Even with servers can be quite large amounts of lag on any game for.me.though . But I bought mcc thinking halo as a whole would be on servers.

I like how you use halo 3 against me just cause I don't like all of H5 ram. If you hate halo 3 that's fine. Doesn't bother me. But we were talking about a new game just released that's dropping quite a bit. Not sure where throwing a halo 3 jab fits in. Not sure where I expect a old game to top the charts today.

Random17

Go outside of America. If I find more than 3 games in 6 hours it would be a miracle. And lag is bad enough to where of it worked it's still unplayable. But that's expected without servers here. Even with servers can be quite large amounts of lag on any game for.me.though . But I bought mcc thinking halo as a whole would be on servers.

I like how you use halo 3 against me just cause I don't like all of H5 ram. If you hate halo 3 that's fine. Doesn't bother me. But we were talking about a new game just released that's dropping quite a bit. Not sure where throwing a halo 3 jab fits in. Not sure where I expect a old game to top the charts today.
I live in NZ.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I actually just deleted MCC from my Xbox for the first time. That 70GB is valuable space that was going unused.

jem0208

I actually just deleted MCC from my Xbox for the first time. That 70GB is valuable space that was going unused.
I'm quite tempted to do that.

I'm not sure I could stomach the older Halos after 5...

Even the campaigns aren't going to feel anywhere near as good...

If 343 is running their plan I'm expecting to see a new Warzone map and some wicked modes right before Xmas to get Christmas present folks buying REQ packs.

Madness

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Be careful because you also don't want to waste any chance at getting the good stuff buying too many Silvers. Once you have a lot of the bronze junk out of the way, try your luck with a gold in between a few silver, you never know.

Apollo87

Neo Member
Anyone having issue with the servers? I keep getting kicked out in the middle of the games. Things went very smoothly during the launch week but it has gotten worst since then. What annoys me is that it happens much more frequently now. I really like Halo 5 MP but I may go back to Destiny till 343 sorts this out. Even Destiny has a lot of lags, i never get kicked out this often.

Anyone having issue with the servers? I keep getting kicked out in the middle of the games. Things went very smoothly during the launch week but it has gotten worst since then. What annoys me is that it happens much more frequently now. I really like Halo 5 MP but I may go back to Destiny till 343 sorts this out. Even Destiny has a lot of lags, i never get kicked out this often.

you're not alone;

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...cab-4fa6-4169-990d-5738727353ec/posts?page=29

I had no issues since launch (playing every day), and since about 5 days ago I lose connection about 5 seconds into ANY game.

Am quite sad about it all really.

edit: I'm in Victoria BC, and generally connect to the West US data centre with a ~60ms ping (in Titanfall).

Voliko

Yes. I seem to get kicked out every ~4-10 games, it has gotten worse since the update. Very frustrating.

Apollo87

Neo Member
you're not alone;

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...cab-4fa6-4169-990d-5738727353ec/posts?page=29

I had no issues since launch (playing every day), and since about 5 days ago I lose connection about 5 seconds into ANY game.

Am quite sad about it all really.

edit: I'm in Victoria BC, and generally connect to the West US data centre with a ~60ms ping (in Titanfall).

Good to know I'm not alone. I notice the same thing during the last couple days. 343i must have done something on their end. Hopefully, it get fixed soon. I'm in the East Coast by the way.

mo60

That's weird. All I get is the occasional laggy match, but I never get kicked out. I live in Edmonton AB. My internet is not that fast and my download and upload speed are 15/0.56(If I recall) mb usually, but I do get a faster download speed on my xbox one now.

Madness

Warzone Assault exploit still isn't fixed? You'd think a hotfix would have gone out ASAP tweaking the collision box.

Yup, had it happen to me a day or two ago, not touching Assault until I hear it's fixed. Does it happen on every level? It happened to me on the escape from ARC level. As we're protecting garage, Armory captured, fall back, and then you spawn like 300 feet away from garage, and they capture garage and you're basically trying to protect core a minute into the match etc.

BraXzy

Yup, had it happen to me a day or two ago, not touching Assault until I hear it's fixed. Does it happen on every level? It happened to me on the escape from ARC level. As we're protecting garage, Armory captured, fall back, and then you spawn like 300 feet away from garage, and they capture garage and you're basically trying to protect core a minute into the match etc.

I only ever notice it on Apex, the one with Spire. But I assume it can happen on all of them since the bases are duplicates on each map.

Sydle

Completed Halo 5: Wardens lol

This is right up there with my favorite campaigns in the series. I LOVE the art direction, it's the best of the series by far and the graphics are beautiful. The set pieces often surprised me and gave me a sense of awe, which I didn't think Halo could do for me anymore after playing all of them, but I found myself stopping A LOT to admire the scenery, appreciate how well realized the worlds were, and take screenshots. The gameplay feels so freakin' good, there's absolutely no way I'd like going back to pre-Halo 5 gameplay for the series going forward. They finally feel more like super soldiers.

What didn't I like? Same with every Halo, the intricacies of story are a tad hard to follow, but, like every Halo, I got the gist of what the main players were doing easily enough. Fighting the
Warden so many time
was not something I enjoyed, but once I finally got the hang of how to deal with him/them it wasn't so bad.

I'm really looking forward to getting some friends to go through this on co-op, because I'm already itching to replay it. If anyone here is looking for a co-op buddy to play this from time to time feel free to invite me, my gt is Sydle. Not looking for Legendary play through, but I'll do anything up and through Heroic.

This was the first Halo I didn't buy day one because I didn't trust 343 after Halo 4 and MCC, but this restores my faith in their abilities and I'm highly anticipating how they move the story forward. I'll be buying Halo 6 on day one.

BraXzy

Rumble rockets is pissing me off. It feels like my rockets always damage someone even when it hits close, but enemies rockets hit nowhere near me and boom I'm dead. I need to git gud again I guess.

Rumble rockets is pissing me off. It feels like my rockets always damage someone even when it hits close, but enemies rockets hit nowhere near me and boom I'm dead. I need to git gud again I guess.

Ha ha! I did the rest of my placement matches tonight, got Onyx. The splash damage for the rockets seems so random. At times it can explode right on top of them and not kill and other times it seems like it kills from a few feet away (when the enemy has full shields). The Rocket Launcher is definitely an odd weapon.

anchorman.jpg

finally got my Whiplash

based silver pack

Less than a minute to get in either Arena or Warzone and almost instantly at night in China/Asia, where Xbox is as dead as good. If you are not in such obscure location like me and can't find games, consult your ISP.

Ha ha! I did the rest of my placement matches tonight, got Onyx. The splash damage for the rockets seems so random. At times it can explode right on top of them and not kill and other times it seems like it kills from a few feet away (when the enemy has full shields). The Rocket Launcher is definitely an odd weapon.

Nah, it's just like grenades, the developers have insane levels of smoke and mirrors to make it feel like an online game but the splash damage is more a result of the player movements, network prediction, gunplay trajectories and hitboxes combined with netcode magix. Generally things are fairly accurate but a bit of latency or packet loss and you'll see the rocket/grenade variations you described, even right down to encounter by encounter or certain players vs players based on locales/regions/latency.

On a side note, still can't get a DMR :( Swat should have a DMR variant. BTB should have a DMR variant. All game modes should have a DMR variant :)

Read on beyond the game is almost unplayable in South America/Asia. I will be loling when their 2 teams get smacked 50-10 in the HWC by EG.

Welfare

Just had an intense win on Warzone. Holy shit that was close.

Some background. They get both Rok and the Phaeton, we take every base and are about to go attack their core. They take the West Armory and hold there. We kill Warden and they are still there just gathering points and increasing their lead. We finally take the Armory but they only need 18 points to win.

The last 100 points of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom