• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhr1

Where are you based? We're still tuning that and trying to make improvements for all regions.

Sorry to poke but I've been having the exact opposite experience. At some point this weekend my games have all been really laggy detracting from what's usually a very good experience. I'm US Southeast if that helps. I don't think it's my connection because this is the only game causing me trouble. Thanks for listening if you get this

BraXzy

Did they fix the warzone assault glitch?

I didn't see it on there

It mentions exploits but specifically about idling. So not sure.

Speaking of trolls, it’s worth mentioning that we’ve been keeping a very close eye on REQ point and XP boosting, and the exploits some players are using to idle in matches in an attempt to fill their very own Money Bin.

Defect

The extra post game stats need to be in the game, not only on Waypoint.

Unless they are already working on that for an upcoming patch.

Akai__

I really don't like 90% of the armor/helmets 343i is putting out there. Not exaggerating, because they all look so ugly to me. They are either too busy or not making any sense. I really miss simple looking helmets/armor like Halo 3 and Halo Reach had. Best helmets/armor design by far.

Also, where are those Sprint episodes... -.-

BraXzy

I'm sure. It says in the intro they are looking to update the Menu & In-game UI

Yeah it sounds like functionality is going to be put onto Waypoint soon, with the in-game follow up in the near future along with whatever else they add.

Toa TAK

Banned
I really don't like 90% of the armor/helmets 343i is putting out there. Not exaggerating, because they all look so ugly to me. They are either too busy or not making any sense. I really miss simple looking helmets/armor like Halo 3 and Halo Reach had. Best helmets/armor design by far.

I think plenty of people feel the same way at this point, if they didn't by Halo 4 already. It's great that they're making all this armor, but they almost all have a hard time sticking out on their own. I get REQ packs when I can, but hoping for better armor is almost out of the question at this point. Looking forward to more armor down the road though, if they get any better and less busy and bug-looking.

Thanks unranked guy for running in with the AR all the time.

That 3rd party halo customs thing, do they mean join in a group on the website or join in by telling the xbox one to connect through the API? both are very different from one another.

Glass

Also, where are those Sprint episodes... -.-

My biggest problem with Halo 5's armour is how hard it is to tell apart from one another. Scrolling through the different armour card's its really difficult to see the differences, under-suits are normally the negative space which the armour shows up on. Now designs just get lost in the sea or red or blue.

MAX PAYMENT

I feel like I don't spend my Req cards during warzone because I'm not sure when the best moments are to utilize some of my weapons/vehicles.

I'm afraid to use the ones I only have 1 of!

I should know better then to play from the uk at gone 1am, being 4 shot magnumed due to latency :/

This match isn't even over and someone is 1 - 13 WTF MATCHMAKING WHY

*edit* match over he was gold and went 2 - 16 while another guy on my team went 6 - 11 and is unranked, was his FIRST MATCH.

HOW IN THE FUCK

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Big up to Nokyard for building Deadlock. Can't wait to try it out.

fuck why was there a GOLD in my platinum 6 match...

I hate this matchmaking sometimes, he might be with his friends but don't pair them up with solo players like myself. This is why we need a casual slayer playlist.
You made that post about an Onyx player earlier, and now a Gold player. To me, it seems the matchmaking system is working. You played against an Onyx player to see if you are capable of succeeding against higher ranks, allowing you to rank up. You lost, so then it matches you against lower ranked players to gauge if you can beat them.

The system is giving you a range of players to properly gauge your skill level. Your success rate is what determines future matches.

You made that post about an Onyx player earlier, and now a Gold player. To me, it seems the matchmaking system is working. You played against an Onyx player to see if you are capable of succeeding against higher ranks, allowing you to rank up. You lost, so then it matches you against lower ranked players to gauge if you can beat them.

The system is giving you a range of players to properly gauge your skill level. Your success rate is what determines future matches.

That is the most stupid way of working out skill you can get, skilled matches balance themselves out if you keep playing people of the same tier and increasing rank, you round off at a level where you then win and lose instead of having these random tests against champions or seeing if you can carry the noob.

Sorry but bullshit.

cftracernew-08aeef9ed7d44046a9fe83cdf3e541da.jpg

I kinda like the Tracer armor, it's weird but cool.

Then again I'm the guy who likes Gungnir and Ranger and all the other wacked-out nonsense so maybe I shouldn't be voicing my opinion on this... will definitely be opening Silvers once the update is out to try to get Tracer though.

Loomba

I should know better then to play from the uk at gone 1am, being 4 shot magnumed due to latency :/

This match isn't even over and someone is 1 - 13 WTF MATCHMAKING WHY

*edit* match over he was gold and went 2 - 16 while another guy on my team went 6 - 11 and is unranked, was his FIRST MATCH.

HOW IN THE FUCK

That's why I'm not playing, I'm gold 6 and I don't think my heart can take another rank down lol.

That is the most stupid way of working out skill you can get, skilled matches balance themselves out if you keep playing people of the same tier and increasing rank, you round off at a level where you then win and lose instead of having these random tests against champions or seeing if you can carry the noob.

Sorry but bullshit.
Just because you played against a single Onyx and a single Gold does not mean you're not getting matched against people close to your skill level for the most part. And at the same time, if you beat that Onyx then your rank would increase more for it and you would be happy, perhaps even thinking that it makes sense, would you not?

It makes sense in my opinion, giving you a range of skill levels to play against in order to gauge one's skill as opposed to only the closest people to your rank. Perhaps 343 will better explain it at some point.

Being ranked down is fine, it's the damn pairing of lob sided teams and no it's not once or twice it's in quite a few of my matches every time I sit down and play for an hour or two.

Those warzone assault changes are very welcomed. Can't wait to jump back in.

the shorter capture times are welcome, I just lost an assault by about 1 second lol

Ramirez

Being ranked down is fine, it's the damn pairing of lob sided teams and no it's not once or twice it's in quite a few of my matches every time I sit down and play for an hour or two.

the shorter capture times are welcome, I just lost an assault by about 1 second lol

People have bad games, I regularly shit the bed, the system can't account for that.

Only 4 BTB maps?... okay, I guess..

If the Valhalla/Blood Gulch/Coagulation remake is even close to as good as the originals it's all I need.

I hope the warthogs placed on the maps are ONI 'hogs, those things are absolute beasts and remind me of CE ones. Would balance the really strong weapon sandbox which tends to make it a bit too easy to focus down vanilla vehicles in Warzone.

16BitNova

4 maps 3 weeks after launch sounds pretty decent to me.

I guess I just expect a couple more. At least 6. When I saw the sprint episode where they brought in the forgers, it looked like quite a few of them and it seemed like we would get one map per forger. But, you're right and its free so I shouldn't complain.

Glad to hear the post-carnage report is getting tweaked, I just couldn't believe we weren't allowed to see the medals we got on a match. I guess this friday I'll hop in into some more H5, looking forward to BTB.

OneUh8

Good stuff in that update. So we will be getting those post game report improvements in this update huh? About time. Now just give us the aiming improvements and I'll be good. Oh and more maps :)

link1201

The extra post game stats need to be in the game, not only on Waypoint.

Unless they are already working on that for an upcoming patch.

I hope that's the case. I am glad they are improving Waypoint but the post match in game stats need tweaked as well.

Haines

Banned
Can someone help

When i look on canadian store on xbox live it says 60 dollars. Im canadian. So in stores its 75 dollars. Why is there a 15 dollar difference. What am i misunderstanding

BraXzy

I'm confused how does the Halo custom game thing work? Do I need to use a website?

Yeah third party sites can use the public API to set up lobbies and send direct invites to you in game however it works. I'd much rather have in game custom lobbies but it's better than nothing.

RobNBanks

Banned
NEW COMMUNITY UPDATE

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/prepare-for-big-team-battle

EDIT: Real time custom game search via the public API on ThirdParty sites? HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Speaking of trolls, it’s worth mentioning that we’ve been keeping a very close eye on REQ point and XP boosting, and the exploits some players are using to idle in matches in an attempt to fill their very own Money Bin with a ton of REQ points and XP

I wondered why people were always AFK. Coming from CSGO I thought people were simply just deranking, forgot about req points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom