• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting Canon Fodder. Does a bit of a post-mortem/development perspective on the story of 5. We almost got Fireteam Majestic instead of Osiris.
I wondered about this.. Glad the other Fireteams won't get a significant spotlight after SpOps & Escalation. It didn't had the right appeal to what Spartans can do compared to Osiris and Blue team.
I want to see Osiris grown as a family like how Blue team did in the novels/animated series and H5.

arimanius

Wow really good community update IMO. Not use to community updates having decent none cryptic info in them.

I hope the post game info comes to the game. It's sorely needed and I shouldn't have to go outside the game to view that stuff.

Otherwise looking forward to the new reqs and maps. Sounds like they put some thought into them.

So is it just me or are plasma grenades practically useless in this game? They made the promethean nades kick ass and the plasma grenades suck. They need to cut off like a half a second of the fuse time so they're harder to avoid.

Defect

So is it just me or are plasma grenades practically useless in this game? They made the promethean nades kick ass and the plasma grenades suck. They need to cut off like a half a second of the fuse time so they're harder to avoid.
Well you're supposed to stick people with them.

arimanius

I can't get any of my screenshots or videos to show up on xboxdvr. :|

Which is probably a good thing since people can't see how sucky I am. Hehe

Madness

Probably less magnetism? They were ridiculously easy to use in Halo 4 and all people would do is throw one near death as a free stick before they died.

I think they need to also get rid of the motion tracker altogether. All that happens now is, instead of turtling and becoming defensive or knowing where people are at 30m, they're doing it at 18m, and it's ruined close quarters combat. It's why we see so many spartan charges because that's the only way to catch a motion tracker watcher unaware. I'm so mad I got am energy sword req that gives me more swings when energy swords and shotguns are next to useless in this game, especially warzone. Why? Because you need to get close enough and by then, people see you on radar already. I don't know, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I barely play. I just feel it's completely ruined CQC being so limited. I'd want to see it off.

Tried to get some Void’s Tear gameplay, kind of hard just because the way the weapon works. It’s more like an AoE denial weapon, similar to Splinter nades. So you charge it up, shot, then hide and repeat. Here’s some alright gameplay with it though.

However, The Answer is still a monster; I love this gun, too good.

BraXzy

I can't get any of my screenshots or videos to show up on xboxdvr. :|

Which is probably a good thing since people can't see how sucky I am. Hehe

It might have to do with a privacy setting. Have a skim through and see if you have anything blocked related to others seeing your content/shared stuff.

Demise

Probably less magnetism? They were ridiculously easy to use in Halo 4 and all people would do is throw one near death as a free stick before they died.

That still work great though. To me, the plasma are perfectly balanced as they are now : Less explosive than nade and better at close range than promotheans one (Even though it can be discussed). They can still kill a stuck ennemy easily but they require some serious skill to land : seems fair to me.

Prometheans one are perfect as traps (put one on outside a corner and wait for the points ^^) but they seem a bit too powerful at close range : Land one on an ennemy and you can one shot him even without being skillful or anything. I am not that good at this game and even I can score point easily with them. I think either you put two of them per map (not 4 to 5) or either you reduce the damage they deal when they're landed. Seems a good way to go to me.

.la1n

I'll have you guys know I am a proud member of the bronze rank. Sure our games look like spray and pray counter strike day one matches but dammit we have fun ;P

QuikNez

For all the hater press on H5, I'm so glad to see this game on OT2, GAF loves it and that makes me happy.

I've watched all the dvr's, the game looks downright amazing, I can't wait to play in December.

Keep posting the dvr's gals and guys!

No one is ever streaming this game. Really sucks.

Pros are getting pissed they havent announced the Tourney dates, they are also finding getting matches in Championship bracket really difficult.

If the game dies on Twitch it p much dies in general.

If a game is good in a forest and nobody is around to play it nobody gives a shit.

They need a 343i streamer doing giveaways and tourneys and play with communitys. They really really do.

RoKKeR

H0lmb0m's review on Halo 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLafD7HLzZc

Damn I love this kid, so much love and enthusiasm for this series.

Wow, this dude exactly mirrors my thoughts about... everything. Halo's "Hype History", Halo 5, the Halo 3 "era" and screenshots/file sharing, balancing high level competitive play vs. social, he hits the nail on the head. Damn son. Hell we're probably the same age, sort of uncanny tbh, especially talking about how Halo 3 was back in high school.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fuck it. I'm that guy. All night, I've decided if I start a game a man down (either a quitter or just AFK for more than a minute), I quit.

4v4 on something like strongholds or breakout is damn near impossible to win a man down. Why suffer through it? I've quit four games tonight - still no temp ban or anything. Quitters need to be punished much more severely.

BraXzy

H0lmb0m's review on Halo 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLafD7HLzZc

Damn I love this kid, so much love and enthusiasm for this series.

That was a really great video. Watched a bit of him streaming when the game was about to launch, seems like a great guy.

I agree with pretty much all of his points. He's right, it's a great game, the sandbox is fantastic. It just needs some more content, some more ways for the community to thrive and create and build and we will have something really special here.

Especially his point about sometimes just wanting to have fun in the game, no stressing about kills and winning. Just donging on peeps with friends regardless of their skill level. Social pls.

Karl2177

Pros are getting pissed they havent announced the Tourney dates, they are also finding getting matches in Championship bracket really difficult.

If the game dies on Twitch it p much dies in general.

If a game is good in a forest and nobody is around to play it nobody gives a shit.

They need a 343i streamer doing giveaways and tourneys and play with communitys. They really really do.

Higher.

darthbob

Nice dedis

UUccIu8.gif

Did you get The Answer in a gold pack? I've been opening a lot of Bronze packs to get all the common stuff first then move up to silver.

Yeah I got it from a gold pack a while back, I haven't really bothered with it until recently. It's pretty much the first thing I get when I hit req six now.

Fuchsdh

I sell all my shotgun type weapons because they feel way too slow and heavy compared to say someone spraying an AR and killing you faster then it takes to shoot two shotgun shells.

Swords are a fun novelty but otherwise sell them too

Shotguns are worth their weight in gold in Warzone assault for defenders. Spray and pray doesn't have anything against the 1SK at chokepoints.

Other than that, I'd agree that they're probably the least useful REQ items. At least swords grant faster movement speed.

harrytang

I guess my problem with MP is the controller. Feels like a dead zone so huge it's impossible to fine tune my aiming during fire fights. My best bet is to engage on level ground and strafe with reticle at head level and just leave the stick alone.

Not sure if the elite controller would help with this but fuck i can't imagine spending another 150 just for halo 5.

Sephzilla

What the actual fuck? I get booted from one game because I betrayed someone twice and got a one week ban from multiplayer? What is this horse shit?

Haines

Banned
I guess my problem with MP is the controller. Feels like a dead zone so huge it's impossible to fine tune my aiming during fire fights. My best bet is to engage on level ground and strafe with reticle at head level and just leave the stick alone.

Not sure if the elite controller would help with this but fuck i can't imagine spending another 150 just for halo 5.

Deadzone sucks balls on the normal controller.

I have an elite and you can change sensitivity

What the fuck? I get booted from one game because I betrayed someone twice and got a one week ban from multiplayer? What is this horse shit?

There's no way that the punishment for being kicked ONE time for betrayals is a week. No way.

If this is true, 343 has horribly made a mistake. Do 30 minutes. 30 Minutes -> 2 hours - 1 day -7 days.

Man... I'm starting to feel horrible about the guy I joke-booted from an Arena game at the end of Breakout a few days ago, if he got a week ban for that, I'm a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom