• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

There's no way that the punishment for being kicked ONE time for betrayals is a week. No way.

If this is true, 343 has horribly made a mistake. Do 30 minutes. 30 Minutes -> 2 hours - 1 day -7 days.

Man... I'm starting to feel horrible about the guy I joke-booted from an Arena game at the end of Breakout a few days ago, if he got a week ban for that, I'm a jerk.

The only other remotely negative thing I've done I can recall at all since getting the game is quit one game early because my three other teammates quit before me. This is horse shit.

Seventy70

I really like what they've done with the leveling system in this game. They took the 2 and 3 system and perfected it. I really hope they keep this for the next Halo. What is your motivation to play when you can only go up? Your level should be representative of your skill, not the amount of time you've played.

What the actual fuck? I get booted from one game because I betrayed someone twice and got a one week ban from multiplayer? What is this horse shit?

7nm90TD.gif

Madness

Battlefront , blessing in disguise

Your constant trolling of Halo 5 is getting old. We get it, you don't like the game, it's catered too much for the hardcore and pro community and you love CoD/Destiny/Battlefront. Please stop shilling in the OT for other games. Go play them.

There's no way that the punishment for being kicked ONE time for betrayals is a week. No way.

If this is true, 343 has horribly made a mistake. Do 30 minutes. 30 Minutes -> 2 hours - 1 day -7 days.

Man... I'm starting to feel horrible about the guy I joke-booted from an Arena game at the end of Breakout a few days ago, if he got a week ban for that, I'm a jerk.

Sometime in the first couple days I got booted from a game of SWAT for killing the same teammate twice (both accidents). In the same day I got booted from another match (not sure which mode) for killing myself 3 times (trying to get that powerup on that floating platform in Orion).

In both cases I waited for my friend to finish the match, and then we re-joined matchmaking with no issues.

Haines

Banned
Might have to jump in this come Friday if there's even no black Friday deals.

Playing mcc is like just insulting myself over and over. It's not worth saving a few bucks.
The time I've lost trying to find a game.

Evo X

I'm not joking. Got booted and got a Banhammer message saying I couldn't play again until 11/22. Should have saved a screen shot. 10 minutes later I could get back in.

Whatever, I'm going to bed. Lol

Are you sure it wasn't a temp ban that said 11:22pm?

I'm not joking. Got booted and got a Banhammer message saying I couldn't play again until 11/22. Should have saved a screen shot. 10 minutes later I could get back in.

Whatever, I'm going to bed. Lol

lol I guess the system took the banhammer a little too seriously for a second there

good that it was resolved so quickly

Just got a controller update when I booted my X1 today. Thought I'd try Halo and see if it changed how I felt about the controls. Not sure if it's just my imagination but it did feel better--I jumped in a game of Warzone and had a good time.

Jebron

Just got a controller update when I booted my X1 today. Thought I'd try Halo and see if it changed how I felt about the controls. Not sure if it's just my imagination but it did feel better--I jumped in a game of Warzone and had a good time.

Just checked, no new update for my Elite controller. Last updated about a week ago.

Leyasu

Banned
People have bad games, I regularly shit the bed, the system can't account for that.
Agreed. I am finding lately that my first two or three games are stinkers before I knock the rust off.

Or, like this weekend for example, I would have negative round streaks. You win some you lose some in halo. I just love the game.

Cru

Your constant trolling of Halo 5 is getting old. We get it, you don't like the game, it's catered too much for the hardcore and pro community and you love CoD/Destiny/Battlefront. Please stop shilling in the OT for other games. Go play them.

Spot on.

VinFTW

Holy shit, for real.

Hey guys, I shoot and edit The Sprint. The finale will hit tomorrow. I'm not sure exactly when though - the announcement somehow slipped through the cracks in today's update. It should also be noted that there will be just one new episode. 5 and 6 ended up getting merged into one super-sized finale. It just made more sense that way as I was editing. I hope you all enjoy it :)

Apologies for missing the date by one day. I kinda ball-parked it back when the episodes were in production and I finished work on s3e2. The date slid a day as we try to line up all of our marketing/ CU updates. It's a fluid thing based on many factors.

It's been great to hear everyone's feedback on the show. It has been an awesome two years working on it :) I hope other studios pick up on what we did with The Sprint and other big studios drop the veil of secrecy a bit too. Enjoy!

Bsigg12

Hey guys, I shoot and edit The Sprint. The finale will hit tomorrow. I'm not sure exactly when though - the announcement somehow slipped through the cracks in today's update. It should also be noted that there will be just one new episode. 5 and 6 ended up getting merged into one super-sized finale. It just made more sense that way as I was editing. I hope you all enjoy it :)

Apologies for missing the date by one day. I kinda ball-parked it back when the episodes were in production and I finished work on s3e2. The date slid a day as we try to line up all of our marketing/ CU updates. It's a fluid thing based on many factors.

It's been great to hear everyone's feedback on the show. It has been an awesome two years working on it :) I hope other studios pick up on what we did with The Sprint and other big studios drop the veil of secrecy a bit too. Enjoy!

Awesome! Thanks for the update, can't wait to watch it!

Good to hear.

You guys did a fantastic job with the Sprint series!

Leyasu

Banned

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Madness

Man, just want to say you did some of the best work I've seen. The most comprehensive set of videos showing games development I've ever seen. No other studio has come close to showing what you've been able to do, and you shot and edited it in such a way that it's a been a sheer joy to watch. Here's hoping you are already hard at work for whatever is the 'next big thing'. Can't wait to watch the finale, thanks for everything you've done for this game and the community.

Man, just want to say you did some of the best work I've seen. The most comprehensive set of videos showing games development I've ever seen. No other studio has come close to showing what you've been able to do, and you shot and edited it in such a way that it's a been a sheer joy to watch. Here's hoping you are already hard at work for whatever is the 'next big thing'. Can't wait to watch the finale, thanks for everything you've done for this game and the community.
Awwwwwww

Thanks! I've always been a huge Halo fan myself so I try to bring you guys what I personally would want to see. It was a big gamble but major props to 343 for opening up the way they have and letting me tell their story. I'm gonna bow out now - just gonna take that compliment and run!

Awwwwwww

Thanks! I've always been a huge Halo fan myself so I try to bring you guys what I personally would want to see. It was a big gamble but major props to 343 for opening up the way they have and letting me tell their story. I'm gonna bow out now - just gonna take that compliment and run!

Please tell me some of the sprint is about HCS.

Great work Klimt, hope you get to keep doing this stuff because you're incredible at it! Was it only you working on these videos or a team helping you capture footage and edit?

Hatchtag

Banned
Man, the way they talked about REQ points in that community post kinda bothers me. I'm worried they're gonna fuck things up and make the gain slower, when they really need to make gains faster in some modes. Especially Breakout. Breakout's REQ distribution turns me off from playing the mode.

Great work Klimt, hope you get to keep doing this stuff because you're incredible at it! Was it only you working on these films or a team helping you capture footage and edit?

I had a second shooter for maybe 30-40% of the scenes, but I did all of the editing. I also had an assist on audio mastering and the motion graphics from other 343ers. I used to edit gameplay trailers and helped on the vidocs during H4, but I've literally only been on The Sprint since January 2014. Time for a break :)

Were you the guy who threw in that dummy script that had Locke killing chief that the Internet went crazy about for 2 seconds?

Bonus fact: the guy who made the H5 and H4 vidocs also edited the great H2 behind -the-scenes video and did the H3 "Et tu Brute" Vidoc.

The fake script was a Frank idea I think. He knows you folks pretty well ;)

So, kind of a weird complaint, but it's something that makes me a little sad everytime I play this game.

Coming off of Counter-Strike as my main game before playing Halo 5:Guardians, It makes me really sad playing this game solo-queue 90% of the time. No one ever talks in game. You see in Warzone 10 people with a mic, out of party chat, but rarely does anyone ever just want to talk. Not even making callouts... but just continuing the fun by interacting with each other and showcasing emotion.

Almost everyone in Counter-Strike has a mic, the whole game it's you and four other people just talking for an hour, trying to win. Be it laughing and having giggles, or raging and fighting with each other, at least it's so interaction. Halo 5 feels so dead and depressing just running around fragging for 10-20 minutes, because no one wants to talk.

So, kind of a weird complaint, but it's something that makes me a little sad everytime I play this game.

Coming off of Counter-Strike as my main game before playing Halo 5:Guardians, It makes me really sad playing this game solo-queue 90% of the time. No one ever talks in game. You see in Warzone 10 people with a mic, out of party chat, but rarely does anyone ever just want to talk. Not even making callouts... but just continuing the fun by interacting with each other and showcasing emotion.

Almost everyone in Counter-Strike has a mic, the whole game it's you and four other people just talking for an hour, trying to win. Be it laughing and having giggles, or raging and fighting with each other, at least it's so interaction. Halo 5 feels so dead and depressing just running around fragging for 10-20 minutes, because no one wants to talk.

I've had a lot of warzone matches where we had at least 3-4 people being chatty.

We almost always won those games.

Yeah I remember back in the early days of Halo 3 where damn near every game had a couple of people with mic's.

Then party chat happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom