• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is social so sweaty. Clans playing and all.

I noticed this in both the Holiday playlist and BTB. Some games would be reasonably even and a lot of fun (people would even get into warthogs in BTB!) and the next game my team (consisting mainly of people who use the AR in BTB) would get repeatedly team shotted for the entire duration of a CTF match because the other team didn't even try to score since I assume they wanted to grind out their K/Ds on us. I hope it's possible to make social playlists not count towards your K/D since at least for now some people seem to be abusing the crap out of them.

This was a pretty hilarious brofist moment in one of the good games. It's stuff like this I've missed in Halo 5 so far, I hope these final few issues can be grinded out because when I was having fun tonight, I was having a lot of fun.

Because true skill still works lol. What were you expecting? To dump on kids? Then they'l go online and post how social is too tryhard

I hope you're right and this was just an issue with people not having played enough to get rated yet.

E92 M3

Because true skill still works lol. What were you expecting? To dump on kids? Then they'l go online and post how social is too tryhard

No, I just want to practice lol. I'm no beast at H5.

I noticed this in both the Holiday playlist and BTB. Some games would be reasonably even and a lot of fun (people would even get into warthogs in BTB!) and the next game my team (consisting mainly of people who use the AR in BTB) would get repeatedly team shotted for the entire duration of a CTF match because the other team didn't even try to score since I assume they wanted to grind out their K/Ds on us. I hope it's possible to make social playlists not count towards your K/D since at least for now some people seem to be abusing the crap out of them.

This was a pretty hilarious brofist moment in one of the good games. It's stuff like this I've missed in Halo 5 so far, I hope these final few issues can be grinded out because when I was having fun tonight, I was having a lot of fun.

I hope you're right and this was just an issue with people not having played enough to get rated yet.

Social counts for overall KD?

No, I just want to practice lol. I'm no beast at H5.

Social counts for overall KD?

I assume so since it definitely counts towards the Arena playtime (and someone else mentioned it in this thread). I hope it's a simple fix if true.

(Just to be clear, I want my social games to be completely skill matched like the rest of Arena. I just don't want people to have any incentive to grind stats in them.)

klaus

343 did a great job with the update - I've set aim acceleration to 1 & inner deadzone to 5%, now it REALLY. controls like halo again :)

The only skull I've found yet is grunt birthday party, seems like xmas came early this year - landing headshot after headshot feels just so great *pop* *yay* *pop*...
looking forward to playing mp regularly again soon

TCKaos

Been playing Warzone for a few hours. Still no new map and I still haven't won a single match. Getting real tired of getting 7+ REQ every game and not using any of them because I'd be burning them on Armory defense that wouldn't matter anyway because my team is bad.

Also had all three legendary bosses stolen from me last round, so really not having fun.

Fun fact: in Forge, chroma keys will intercept player reticles (up to and including groundpounds, which means you'll only groundpound into the chroma key itself) but you can still walk through them completely. They're basically opaque shield doors.

Did anyone experience a glitch on entombed shooting out of the blue base? I was trying to shoot enemies across the map and you could just see the bullet piercing floating in the air like it was an invisible wall. I should have recorded it.

I'm on my fourth snipers in a row in holiday social. 5 of 6 today in holiday social. Snipers literally gives me a headache.
Edit: Make that 5 times in a row. I love torturing myself by not quitting.
Edit: 6 times in a row.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Still getting a ton of lag. Wonder if it's related to my 100% packet loss I was having last time I tried to play? Going off a mancannon is hilarious.

see5harp

Man playing placement matches is a nice change of pace. So many newbies, I almost feel like sending them messages of encouragement for sticking in there during some of these matches.

JackHerer

Did anyone experience a glitch on entombed shooting out of the blue base? I was trying to shoot enemies across the map and you could just see the bullet piercing floating in the air like it was an invisible wall. I should have recorded it.

You mean the Burial Mounds remake? Hadn't noticed that.

On anti-freeze there are barriers floating in the air to block certain sight lines to the top lift/nest area and I can tell it's confusing some people because they keep trying to shoot through them. Especially noticeable when they try to hit you with a binary.

Btw, right now the Binary is a nice change but I worry it will get annoying fast. Thing is pretty beastly and not that hard to use.

Yeah these first few placement matches were close. The ctf game was 2 to 3. Me scoring it in the last 7 seconds. Intense!!!

Ill do theater later. For my own sake. Im old so plz understand.

link1201

Only one game but Entombed was fun. I am getting crossed eyed or I'd play more. I set my aim acc. to 2 and dead zones to zero. I didn't think I'd notice but wow what a difference. 343 keep on keeping on with these updates.

Anyone know if Orion is back in map rotation or is it still gone? Was a decent map and last time I checked the way to get out of map was fixed (or I'm just bad with the jump), so are they changing the map or is it forever removed?

Finally got a match on Noctus, it was fun. It feels very different from the other map, much more open, circular. The middle base is really great, tough to defend.

daedalius

I mean, I'm glad we have these new control settings to fiddle with.

But I really would have preferred they just made it control really well to begin with, so I don't have to screw with it. I played a few matches and it's definitely better, but I need to keep messing with it before I am satisfied.

soloscout

Neo Member
Looking for insight HaloGAF: I was a huge fan of Halo 2-Reach, really only matchmaking, not a big fan of campaign(s). I do not own a Xbox One as MCC was such a let down at launch. I held off. Halo 5 initial reviews seemed lackluster, but now I'm hearing it's where it should be. If I'm only going to play matchmaking is Halo 5 worth getting a Xbox One for?

I mean, I'm glad we have these new control settings to fiddle with.

But I really would have preferred they just made it control really well to begin with, so I don't have to screw with it. I played a few matches and it's definitely better, but I need to keep messing with it before I am satisfied.

I totally hear you. But i think this was almost necessary as their goal in e-sports is to be relevant for a long time. Giving people extra depth to really cuztomize their style of play is a long term goal i feel.

wwm0nkey

Yooooo ...

My aim is back!!

Accell 2
Sensiv 4
Inner dead 0
Outer 8

Still need to adjust to long distance.. But i played swat and arena.

HH3TgKc.png

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom