• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

HH3TgKc.png

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

We all know that was a custom game set up against a guest account. How did you even die? ;)

Youre most welcome. Im just glad i can contribute. :)

Gonna try your settings tomorrow. I was trying all sorts and nothing clicked after I had a lil break. But then I was getting frustrated which probably didn't help so a fresh start will help.

I still haven't properly tinkered with Forge. I'm a bad person :3

You mean the Burial Mounds remake? Hadn't noticed that.

On anti-freeze there are barriers floating in the air to block certain sight lines to the top lift/nest area and I can tell it's confusing some people because they keep trying to shoot through them. Especially noticeable when they try to hit you with a binary.

Btw, right now the Binary is a nice change but I worry it will get annoying fast. Thing is pretty beastly and not that hard to use.

Yeah on Burial Mounds. Haven't played Antifreeze yet but I'm assuming the same thing is being used here.

Kalentan

Still haven't played any of the new maps... In Warzone Assault I got Summit 3 TIMES in a row. It's crazy. I feel like there should be some rule on not able to get the same map again until you play another.

Strider

Welp. Did my 10 placements for slayer.

Idk how I feel about the placement... I played a lot of games and felt I really earned my rank during the "Pre-season" ... So idk if the ranking system is still messed up some or if I actually did deserve being placed at this rank immediately this time around.

Anyone else gotten placed yet in slayer? Did you feel it was accurate given your performance?

We all know that was a custom game set up against a guest account. How did you even die? ;)

Gonna try your settings tomorrow. I was trying all sorts and nothing clicked after I had a lil break. But then I was getting frustrated which probably didn't help so a fresh start will help.

I still haven't properly tinkered with Forge. I'm a bad person :3

Well. Hopefully they work for you too. Then everyone can spoiler quote
ALL GLORY TO GOSU

Haha jk.... >=D

Welp. Did my 10 placements for slayer.

Idk how I feel about the placement... I played a lot of games and felt I really earned my rank during the "Pre-season" ... So idk if the ranking system is still messed up some or if I actually did deserve being placed at this rank immediately this time around.

Anyone else gotten placed yet in slayer? Did you feel it was accurate given your performance?

I got Diamond and feel satisfied. Pre-season I got Platinum and I think that is because I went in solo the entire placement matches and got some crappy teammates. Honestly thought I could've managed Onyx but got Arena Breakout too many times and didn't do too hot on a couple games.

Madness

I hope I get platinum, I liked being paired with golds, platinum, and diamonds only with the odd Onyx at times. Would hate to be ranked too low or too high.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've probably played 12 Warzone matches today. 10 have been Escape from A.R.C., one March on Stormbreak and only one of the new map.

Haven't seen Raid on Apex either.

RoKKeR

I know it's probably placebo but my aim feels so on point with these new settings. Haven't gotten this many perfects in quite some time!

BraXzy

Opened 2 bronzes a silver and a gold.

Got a 2 of the number emblems, old armor, and certs for mongoose and hog variants :(

Yeah the uncommon numbered emblems are an annoying filler that ruined a gold pack for me. My fault for forgetting to start back at Bronze xD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Maybe HaloSLAENT just hates Arena.

Half of those Warzone games are probably Wes'

Youre most welcome. Im just glad i can contribute. :)

This feels so smooth. 4 is a tad high for me, but thanks for sharing. Gonna modify it slightly.

Btw I agree with the point of all of the stupid pointless geometry. It's super annoying. Good example is top mid of fathom. There is a tiny 6 inch high railing that runs along all of top mid. You CAN'T walk over it. I frequently try to thrust off only to be stopped by this irritating geometry.

minx

I'm just going to assume the worst since 343 never mentioned it and after many have asked in here without any responses that Batte of Noctus doesn't have an assault variant

Madness

I played against my fellow Avs buddy Fata1moose in a BTB on Guillotine right now. At one point, I spartan charged him and teabagged his body only to get assassinated, perfect example of why you shouldn't be cocky. I only did it because I knew it was him.

I tried using the different aiming but I played like shit with it. Just a poor match all around, went like 8-17.

Edit: Theater is wonky as hell, randomly jumps to other players, very hard to rewind, forward etc. Want to make a clip of that.

Glass

Looking for insight HaloGAF: I was a huge fan of Halo 2-Reach, really only matchmaking, not a big fan of campaign(s). I do not own a Xbox One as MCC was such a let down at launch. I held off. Halo 5 initial reviews seemed lackluster, but now I'm hearing it's where it should be. If I'm only going to play matchmaking is Halo 5 worth getting a Xbox One for?

I'd say absolutely. The lackluster reviews were more aimed at the campaign side of things, people were a bit dissapointed in the story (not the levels, which are great).

Matchmaking is great, night and day difference compared to MCC. With this new update, you are getting so much bang for your buck.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm just going to assume the worst since 343 never mentioned it and after many have asked in here without any responses that Batte of Noctus doesn't have an assault variant

Or you mean the best? Warzone Assault is horrible, IMO, unless you want quick Req points. The mode really does a disservice to the Warzone name.

I can't begin to tell you my disappointment playing BTB Strongholds Recurve a few hours ago, hopping on a Ghost in a mad dash towards the Scorpion only to see a fucking Gauss Warthog there.

Ok, I can somewhat understand taking either the Banshee or Mantis off of Guillotine but why the Scorpion on Recurve? There is a Spartan Laser right there if you want to take it out.

I love Arena but I've always played Halo online for BTB. Halo has undeniably some the best gunplay out there for a FPS but it is unmatched when it comes to vehicles. Halo has always been about vehicles.

Microsoft and 343 probably listened to snipers who camp Top Mid on Recurve only to get blown the fuck out when I aim(ed) my Scorpion Tank, Saving Private Ryan style and blow them the fuck out.

You mad? Grab a Spartan Laser or rush the Scorpion and plant some grenades. It's not that hard.

Even worse, and I want to know if anyone can confirm this, but I'm almost certain the Ghost respawns on Recurve and a few other maps seems to be much longer. I already know the Banshee takes longer to spawn on Guillotine.

BTB should be mainly about vehicles, if I want only Gunplay I'll stick to an Arena mode.

Tl;DR get gud "pro" snipers and stop bitching about vehicles in BTB. If you don't like it just play Arena.

Plasma

Banned
I like Noctus but man it would have been so much cooler if the lighting and atmosphere in that map looked like ODST.

BUdy9Lz.jpg

I hope if they ever start doing alt warzone maps like they do for the arena ones they make it look like this.

The only thing I don't like about that map is that where it is so open it's even harder to try and control and area when the bosses pop up because somebody can shoot it from across the map for the last hit.

I haven't tried the new BTB maps but I'm still pretty bummed out that they're just more forge maps. I just keep hoping they'll port the H2A maps over so then we could play blood gulch and relic in Halo 5.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I like Noctus but man it would have been so much cooler if the lighting and atmosphere in that map looked like ODST.

BUdy9Lz.jpg

I hope if they ever start doing alt warzone maps like they do for the arena ones they make it look like this.

The only thing I don't like about that map is that where it is so open it's even harder to try and control and area when the bosses pop up because somebody can shoot it from across the map for the last hit.

I haven't tried the new BTB maps but I'm still pretty bummed out that they're just more forge maps. I just keep hoping they'll port the H2A maps over so then we could play blood gulch and relic in Halo 5.

Hmmm hadn't thought of that. Noctus is a beautiful map but would be interesting to see it, like you said, with that night ODST lighting.

I played against my fellow Avs buddy Fata1moose in a BTB on Guillotine right now. At one point, I spartan charged him and teabagged his body only to get assassinated, perfect example of why you shouldn't be cocky. I only did it because I knew it was him.

I tried using the different aiming but I played like shit with it. Just a poor match all around, went like 8-17.

Edit: Theater is wonky as hell, randomly jumps to other players, very hard to rewind, forward etc. Want to make a clip of that.

You forgot to mention I rode the victory bus home. :p

Also I played this guy trying to assassinate me LIKE A FIDDLE. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fata1moose/video/13294060

Ground pound is so dynamic. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fata1moose/video/13294117

Glass

Battle of Noctus first try baby! After we went 300 points up I just spawned mongeeses and drove round seeing the sights.

Can someone enlighten me please? How do I upload an entire match saved in theater? Can I upload directly to youtube? I'm trying to use that DVR function but it's a mistery to me, it says I can only upload 5 minutes of gameplay. Help please? Thanks!!

mo60

I got my highest amount of kills ever in halo 5 multiplayer on my first overgrowth match. I got 26 kills and the match was really close the whole time, but my team lost by like 5 points.

mo60

Can someone enlighten me please? How do I upload an entire match saved in theater? Can I upload directly to youtube? I'm trying to use that DVR function but it's a mistery to me, it says I can only upload 5 minutes of gameplay. Help please? Thanks!!

Double click the xbox button on your controller. Then go to game dvr then do what you usually do to record a match, but instead of leaving the recording timer unsnap the app and do not do anything else besides watching the match in theater. Once the match as shown through theater is done go back to game dvr and end the clip. If you do this correctly you should be able to record a full halo 5 match.You can use upload studio to upload a full match to your onedrive. There should be a setting in upload studio that lets you do this.You can then transfer your video from your one drive to youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom