• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSB

Banned
Can you imagine how terrible it would be with radar in SWAT? That's the point, radar makes everything worse and gameplay more one-dimensional.

The same problems persist despite its shortened range. Lowering it was the first step, now they just need to remove it.
Yes please.

Can you imagine how terrible it would be with radar in SWAT? That's the point, radar makes everything worse and gameplay more one-dimensional.

The same problems persist despite its shortened range. Lowering it was the first step, now they just need to remove it.

or fix it? not everyone plays with astros

Ramirez

I don't understand why the Sword/Shotgun are not the premier timed power weapons on Overgrowth. It's really hard to keep track of the side power weapons, I don't even know what their timers are, TBH.

But yea, radar is shit, there's no fixing motion radar.

mo60

Managed to get up to bronze 5 in in team slayer today. I'm two ranks above where I ended up in the pre-season. I wonder if I can get to silver 1 eventually.
Screenshot-Original.png

jfoul

I played a lot of Team Slayer today, and I've really come to like Overgrowth. Now that I know the map, I feel like the predator.

Managed to get up to bronze 5 in in team slayer today. I'm two ranks above where I ended up in the pre-season. I wonder if I can get to silver 1 eventually.
Screenshot-Original.png

Please post clips from your games, we want to see.

Also, Merry Christmas HaloGAF, you bunch of degenerates!

or fix it? not everyone plays with astros
I don't play with headphones, and occasionally I mute/lower the game. You don't need to hear anything to be aware of your surroundings, although it helps. Predicting enemy movement is as easy as looking at friendly indicators and deducing enemy positions based also on where you are. Just takes some thought over of spawn, sprint, shoot, die, repeat.

343 needs to ask who is radar for at this point, what level players? Why can't they remove it once you reach Onyx? I would really like to hear the discussions with the pro team because for as much shit people fling at 343 for "focusing too much on pro players and competitive play," there's still radar.. and radar is the antithesis of competitive Halo.

mo60

Please post clips from your games, we want to see.

Also, Merry Christmas HaloGAF, you bunch of degenerates!

I haven't recorded anything today. My KD is positve right now and I usually get 10+ kills in every match and die between 5 and 15 times.Win rate is around 48% right now.Will probably show you guys tomorrow.

I don't understand why the Sword/Shotgun are not the premier timed power weapons on Overgrowth. It's really hard to keep track of the side power weapons, I don't even know what their timers are, TBH.

Sword not being counted as a power weapon is super weird, especially with the speed bonus it has in 5.

Fam is asleep. About to hop on!!!!!

>=D

Edit: jk im worn out from being up since 445 and its 1145 right now x_X

Merry xmas halogaf. Best wishes to you all!!!! Except that one asshat. Yeah..

Lol

jfoul

The holiday weekend is almost here, so Join the HaloGAF Discord Group! [Invite link HERE]https://discordapp.com/invite/0bfhDvCfOJWaIH4D

It makes grouping up a lot easier, and playing with full GAF groups is way better than solo. Figured I would bring this up, since most people forget, or don't see the info on the first page.

Discord Options:
  • IOS
  • Android
  • MAC OSX
  • Windows
  • Web Interface

bchamba

I was under the impression that side power weapons like sword, shotgun, hydra, and scattershot were under halo 2 laws and only respawned when the previous one had been dropped for long enough.

Strider

Merry Christmas guys!

Also, I believe I converted Drizzay aka Boguester, the Destiny OT Master. To our cause.

I remember your posts in the destiny threads saying "drizzay get an xbone" ....

So a few nights ago I saw someone in a BTB match with the gamer tag "Got an Xbone" ... So I immediately thought "drizzay... Is that you?!" Lol

BraXzy

Just opened my Elite Controller, holy crap this thing feels good to hold. At my Dads so can't try it out on the box yet. The build quality is way way way above the OG one.

Gonna take awhile to get used to the paddles, I've now realised I clench the controller when I pull the triggers.

Strider

Just opened my Elite Controller, holy crap this thing feels good to hold. At my Dads so can't try it out on the box yet. The build quality is way way way above the OG one.

Gonna take awhile to get used to the paddles, I've now realised I clench the controller when I pull the triggers.

Yea elite is soooo comfortable. I'd recommend reversing the paddles though so they face upwward. They are a little tougher to press that way which makes the controller more comfortable to use IMO. They are way too senstiive at first to me... I was pressing them accidentally all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom