• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Yea elite is soooo comfortable. I'd recommend reversing the paddles though so they face upwward. They are a little tougher to press that way which makes the controller more comfortable to use IMO. They are way too senstiive at first to me... I was pressing them accidentally all the time.

Yeah I remember hearing about that I'll give it a go when I try em out. I couldn't figure out how to turn them upside down till I realised I needed to put them the other side haha!

Can't wait to dong on peeps with it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Merry Christmas halogaf! Take a break from dongblaining BKs and spend some time with family and IRL friends, no matter how obnoxious their political views are.

Is that what they yelled when you connected? Kidding <3

It is Christmas, you've got all the fresh scrubs I'm guessing?

From later experiences some of them are full parties, the rest though... well when you are the only one on your team that is positive and you are only a lowly Gold 1.

Raide

A random present for you HaloGAF.

Longest Yard Team.

The new Halo 5 abilities actually make this map interesting with some cool trick jumps etc.

Please check it out and give me feedback. I think i have finally managed to finish it &#9786;

http://1drv.ms/1QQFXQL

bdqU8YW.jpg

Caja 117

Is anyone getting a message in the middle of a match thats says "unable to join" and proceeds to disconect you from live? I been having this problem since last night

Akai__

The xbox version doesn't come with the proper mixamp but instead some stupid one that plugs into the bottom of your controller.

It's the right MixAmp. Just needs either the XBL chat adapter or just the 3.5mm to 1.5mm cable adapter in order to work.

Then there is also the thing you mentioned (MixAmp M80 I believe) and a completely new one (white MixAmp TR) that doesn't need any cables to the controller, because there is a built in XBL chat chip integrated in the MixAmp.

BraXzy

But the box doesn't say Xbox :O

Indeed but it works with everything, its just that PS4 is plug and play, Xbox One requires the Xbox Chat Adapter.

Works on both, and my PC too so I'm very pleased :D

Ahh Christmas time. I remember getting gifts instead of giving them. I hate being an adult lol

I'm an adult hehe, I've been more spoilt this year than I ever was as a kid. Not even sure why. I mentioned stuff that I thought would be laughed at and instead of getting socks I got these. Don't ask, don't get I suppose!

arimanius

I'm an adult hehe, I've been more spoilt this year than I ever was as a kid. Not even sure why. I mentioned stuff that I thought would be laughed at and instead of getting socks I got these. Don't ask, don't get I suppose!

lol nice. We don't do adult gifts for Christmas just birthdays. Which means the kids get spoiled a ton more lol

BraXzy

lol nice. We don't do adult gifts for Christmas just birthdays. Which means the kids get spoiled a ton more lol

These two were off my mum and Dad. I have a feeling there was some underlying rivalry to match each other, I'm not gonna complain. Usually I just get a few bits, but then, I usually don't suggest anything because I have no idea what to suggest.

I think I'll be getting close to the just socks age soon. Its funny but I was happy getting socks before, I desperately need more.

Trup1aya

So I finally played Noctus...

It's an excellent map... And really the only Map I like for standard Warzone. Sold me on the gametype...

I've also been sold on the need for a new way to handle legendary boss kills...

Just had a game where the opposing team owned all three bases, got a rocket hog with a fuel rod passenger inside our core room that managed to take out half of the core's health. Though we captured a base, killed every legendary boss and won. I managed to take out the Warden Eternal with my silenced DMR while also picking off blue players who controlled the spire. We actually put more damage on the Warden as well, I splinter naded the tank and killed the spartan as he exited and my teammate took the tank. It was a game we had no business winning, but we did it anyway.

BraXzy

No offense, but I am fucking tired of playing with laggy Europeans

But we only mean well :'(

I just went to try out the Elite controller, was going to boot up Holiday Social to get used to the paddles. Accidentally pressed the paddle assigned to A, it started searching for Team Arena... Instantly found a match.. I'm Onyx in it -.-

It did not go well. It's going to take me awhile to get used to the paddles.

Trup1aya

Had a nearly full party in Warzone. It was glorious. I love this mode now...

It makes me sad that people don't talk anymore unless they are in a party... I would have loved this gametype since day 1

So I finally played Noctus...

It's an excellent map... And really the only Map I like for standard Warzone. Sold me on the gametype...

I've also been sold on the need for a new way to handle legendary boss kills...

Noctus made me seriously lust after a co-op Warzone experience against waves of enemies with the full REQ playground at our disposal.

Please 343, this has got to happen in the next 6 months. No way ya'll don't take advantage of this. Most of the underlying systems are already there.

Trup1aya

Noctus made me seriously lust after a co-op Warzone experience against waves of enemies with the full REQ playground at our disposal.

Please 343, this has got to happen in the next 6 months. No way ya'll don't take advantage of this. Most of the underlying systems are already there.

Yup. it's such a huge opportunity...

If this was in at launch, I bet it would have been the most popular mode AND I bet the req revenue would have been astronomical...

I'm hoping to hop back into Halo 5 soon. I remember back in Halo 3 I would tag along with my buddy that I went to high school with and he would get us into custom games with custom maps. How do I find those custom games again? Are they populated or do I need to bring people in with me?

Trup1aya

I'm hoping to hop back into Halo 5 soon. I remember back in Halo 3 I would tag along with my buddy that I went to high school with and he would get us into custom games with custom maps. How do I find those custom games again? Are they populated or do I need to bring people in with me?

There is no custom browser currently... The best way (I sound like a broken record right now) is to go to Halolobbies.com where you will find peole looking for players to join there custom games (works for arena, Warzone, and campaign as well). From there you can send them a message asking for an invite.

Other than that, you just have to have people on your friends lists who are playing customs.

Just a tip for those who don't know: When you join in progress there is no countdown after the load, so if you're doing a gambit boost wait for the countdown for indication that it's a new match.

Trup1aya

LOL.

but seriously, all these little kids are gonna go back to COD very fast once they stop crying about how bad they are.

I had the pleasure of playing a Warzone match with two kids who got the game for Christmas. On of them spent the entire match explaining to his father, in detail, how all of the weapons are balanced. He also made sure that no one, other than his buddy stepped foot inside his warthogs.

I found their constant high-pitched blabber to be extremely annoying...

Then they started doing gods work, eliminating the enemy team with ease. They had all the boss spawns timed and everything... It was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom