• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
trumpfaces.gif
How do you have so many gifs!

Ramirez

From the Grave is still the only "combat opportunist" medal I can confirm, lol. Noob Combo, Bulltrue, & I *think* Last Shot did not count last night. I played all night and didn't advance it a single tick. ;(

I just want my Bull back man, 27 to go!

Detective

Guess quiters have found their way to warzone.
In addition to noobs it's really fun times. :/

I don't mind New comers at all. But there should be a limit lol .

Trup1aya

Someone datamines the CSR distributions for each playlist as of Jan1

http://m.imgur.com/a/0UCx1

Some pretty nice bellcurves suggest, IMO, that the systems is working quite well...

Some folks take exception to the inability to drop below tier 1 of your division, which results in some spikes at each tier one, but since the internal MMR handles that by matching you with lower opponents, I take no issue...

Others point out that 343i appear to be having trouble with the SWAT distribution... From where I sit, that playlist has the smallest skill gap, so it naturally has the tightest curve

BraXzy

Two games of Team Arena at Onyx level.

Two games of people on my team quitting when there was no need to.

Ahh solo queue, how I've missed you.

E92 M3

Two games of Team Arena at Onyx level.

Two games of people on my team quitting when there was no need to.

Ahh solo queue, how I've missed you.

Going in team arena solo is craziness lol. To warm up, I just do solo slayer. Arena requires too much team work haha.

Akai__

Here's a quick reminder, about what's to come in January: Link

- Eagle and Wolf skins
- Mark V helmet/armor
- Carbine that seemingly works like a Needle Rifle

Now, I hope the Stream about this stuff is already this Friday, because I want more maps, modes, REQ's, File Browser, etc. I also want the Forge issues to be fixed, because the scripts are buggy and I can't do my map.

Trup1aya

I really hope 343 has someone going through forums collecting these for a social playlist. That's what should be in a social playlist, not fucking snipers on BTB maps, ugh.

Welp, apparently someone is going through forums and seeing them, at least.

Damn, looks fantastic.

But whether or not they are collecting them for inclusion in MM remains to be seen... Considering how they've been handling BTB, I'm pretty confident we'll seem more community content in the social lists...

IHaveIce

Banned

- Eagle and Wolf skins
- Mark V helmet/armor

Now, I hope the Stream about this stuff is already this Friday, because I want more maps, modes, REQ's, File Browser, etc. I also want the Forge issues to be fixed, because the scripts are buggy and I can't do my map.

Needle Rifle come back?

Raide

I really hope 343 has someone going through forums collecting these for a social playlist. That's what should be in a social playlist, not fucking snipers on BTB maps, ugh.

Hopefully.

The more I make maps and the more I see what people are working on, I really hope 343 have a Halo Remake Playlist and a Unique Map Playlist. Kinda hard to get noticed when everyone is making remakes of maps the Halo community knows are good.

Akai__

If Forge maps count to the "18+ maps after launch" we also have at least 10 more maps left that have to be released. 5 of them are guaranteed Warzone maps, 1 is a The Rig remix and 1 is a Fathom remix. Rest is unknown, as far as I know, but I'd say those will be Arena dev made maps. Now that we have Forge and a willingful community, there is no need to count Forge maps towards the map count.

Needle Rifle come back?

Only a guess, but it really looks like that.

- Eagle and Wolf skins
- Mark V helmet/armor

I wonder what the 'substantive' bit of the update will be? I.e. more Forge bits, another map or two, game modes, or something else?

Fuchsdh

In retrospect, I kind of like those Warzone Assault matches where REQs don't load because of times like this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/backflip10019/video/13604795

Yeah, I've also found there's a really interesting metagame if you're going in with a team about when it's better to let a base fall early versus struggling to hold it. If the enemy doesn't have those late REQs and power weapons at their disposal, taking the core becomes extremely difficult, and if you hold them back at the beginning long enough they can acquire a critical mass of weapons and vehicles that can steamroll you before everyone falls back to the objective.

I also enjoy how much of a successful defense/offense is about not just turtling/being aggressive, but getting to positions to disrupt the flow of reinforcements and force more distant spawns.

I don't know own why they can't enforce even a 10 minute penalty for quitters.... people that actually have to quit aren't the ones that are going to start a new game right away.

Trup1aya

If Forge maps count to the "18+ maps after launch" we also have at least 10 more maps left that have to be released. 5 of them are guaranteed Warzone maps, 1 is a The Rig remix and 1 is a Fathom remix. Rest is unknown, as far as I know, but I'd say those will be Arena dev made maps. Now that we have Forge and a willingful community, there is no need to count Forge maps towards the map count.

Only a guess, but it really looks like that.

Counting forge maps would be disingenuous, even if the forge community wasn't so fantastic...

Req packs were supposed to be subsidizing our free DLC. Forge maps are free anyway.

Akai__

Counting forge maps would be disingenuous, even if the forge community wasn't so fantastic...

Req packs were supposed to be subsidizing our free DLC. Forge maps are free anyway.

The thing is that the current BTB maps were created at the studio with Forgers and have gone through tweaking and optimizing. I think that's why they will count towards the map count, but those will be the only ones probably.

I'm not saying "this sucks" or anything like that, but I have a feeling that they do, since they also counted the launch maps and inflated the map count that way. Of course I hope that I'm wrong.

Anyone have a weird issue with selecting custom Game Types?

I have the Duck Hunt map downloaded, and the Duck Hunt gametype, both made by same guy. I can pick the map, but not the gametype.

I have 'bookmarked' an Octagon + game mode and they work, but Duck Hunt, Whale Ride, Monster Trucks etc do not let me pick the mode...

Trup1aya

The thing is that the current BTB maps were created at the studio with Forgers and have gone through tweaking and optimizing. I think that's why they will count towards the map count, but those will be the only ones probably.

I'm not saying "this sucks" or anything like that, but I have a feeling that they do, since they also counted the launch maps and inflated the map count that way. Of course I hope that I'm wrong.

yeah their launch map count was also disingenuous, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are right...

Even though they were made in studio, members of the community made them, and in just a weeks time with unfinished tools. While I think they did a great job, they obviously aren't of a quality that people would expect from a premium peice of content. If their argument is that the req system is justified by the free content it funds, and they give us content that would have typically been free... It just doesn't jibe well with me...

Akai__

I have the Duck Hunt map downloaded, and the Duck Hunt gametype, both made by same guy. I can pick the map, but not the gametype.

I have 'bookmarked' an Octagon + game mode and they work, but Duck Hunt, Whale Ride, Monster Trucks etc do not let me pick the mode...

Bookmarks seem to work like links. If the link has been changed, deleted, etc. you can no longer select it. Probably have to bookmark it again.

It would be interesting if 343 doubled down on Forge in Halo 6 and put all their multiplayer map resources into it. We'd end up with developer maps that could be changed post release, and Forge maps that looked as good as developer maps.

The second part is especially important. If the maps visually were on the same level as developer maps (which we're getting very close to), I doubt anyone would have an issue with Forge. And it works for 343 too because they'll be able to make any geometry changes to maps as necessary. The only reason Orion was removed is because it was a Forge map. We've had way worse maps in matchmaking (admittedly most of them from Forge), but the only other map to be removed from MM entirely was Backwash.

But say for example Backwash was made in Forge (which it has by the way) and Bungie were able to make it better instead of remove it entirely. It wouldn't have worked as well back then because the game had to be "finished" when it shipped. But the opportunity is here now with Halo essentially being always online.

It would be interesting if 343 doubles down on Forge in Halo 5 and puts all their multiplayer map resources in it. That way we'll have developer maps that can be changed post release, and Forge maps that look as good as developer maps.

The second part is especially important. If the maps looked as good as developer maps (which we're getting very close to), I doubt anyone would have an issue with Forge. And it works for 343 too because they'll be able to make any geometry changes to maps as necessary. The only reason Orion was removed is because it was a Forge map. We've had way worse maps in matchmaking (admittedly most of them from Forge), but the only other map to be removed from MM entirely was Backwash.

But say for example Backwash was made in Forge (which it has by the way) and Bungie was able to make it better instead of remove it entirely. It wouldn't have worked as well back then because the game had to be "finished" when it shipped. But the opportunity is here now with Halo essentially being always online.
interesting idea, would definitely help fix issues that arise only by playing. similar to what weapon adjustments made half of halo 3 maps better

BraXzy

Had issues every time I've ran customs.

What is happening is the gametype is changing, other peeps in the lobby can probably see it but in your end it isn't. When you boot it up it'll sort itself out usually.

Best fix I've found: If it's a team gametype, pick default Slayer, get everyone to get into correct teams. Then re-pick the actual gametype and start it.

BraXzy

It would be interesting if 343 doubled down on Forge in Halo 6 and put all their multiplayer map resources into it. We'd end up with developer maps that could be changed post release, and Forge maps that looked as good as developer maps.

The second part is especially important. If the maps visually were on the same level as developer maps (which we're getting very close to), I doubt anyone would have an issue with Forge. And it works for 343 too because they'll be able to make any geometry changes to maps as necessary. The only reason Orion was removed is because it was a Forge map. We've had way worse maps in matchmaking (admittedly most of them from Forge), but the only other map to be removed from MM entirely was Backwash.

But say for example Backwash was made in Forge (which it has by the way) and Bungie were able to make it better instead of remove it entirely. It wouldn't have worked as well back then because the game had to be "finished" when it shipped. But the opportunity is here now with Halo essentially being always online.

I was thinking that before since I've been forging recently. So many assets on dev maps that could be turned into Forge pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom