• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Bravo has already said we may see a Forge list as soon as this month. But hell, they have to test the maps out and make sure the spawns and stuff work. People bitch about spawns as it is, you can't just go and throw a bunch of of untested maps in a playlist and call it a day, shit takes time.

I know 343 has hinted at that possibility (Forge playlist) but I think more than hints should be given. Even if it's just in the most general of terms (we value Forge and its creators and we want the community as a whole to embrace the various creations in many ways possible, so there will be comprehensive ways to play Forge creations). At most, right now, a test playlist could be created with the caveat that these maps and gametypes are untested, so they could range from pretty good to extremely bad but the community would also have a chance to vote on its quality. At least, 343 could focus on QA itself, but I think a goal for Forge should at least be outlined. The file browser should be searchable and expansive as well, and hopefully that is happening too.

My point is, though, that 343 has a huge wealth of content that it can use via Forge in addition to its own content planned in-house. Once a plan is set to incorporate this content, then no one will be able to feasibly complain about the amount of Halo 5 content available.

The Forge in Halo 5 is so, so good that it's a shame if the game itself has limited ways for the community to use that content. As it is right now, Forge is basically a customs game side project when it could be so much more to the real game itself.

I think there's a population issue here in austalia/NZ with warzone assault.

I get the feeling there are no games going, and to get a game going there needs to be 24 players willing to wait search for a game... After weeks/months of failed searches I can't see this happening, I hardly bother to even try.

Not sure if I'd like to play on another regional server though.

BraXzy

Finally got Onyx Slayer man what a grind

I've been so close so many times. I was in Diamond 6 for awhile but I've dropped back to Diamond 5.

I've not been playing enough recently to be on the top of my game to get there. But I have been managing to get through some of my backlog :D

Vico

Cross-posting from the Forge thread, because it's cool, and should offer plenty of new things.

----------

My friend Zeny found out a way to weld a couple of new objects, which offers, for example, the possibility to "drive" a civilian car by combining a warthog and a car.
Here's an example in gif form
1452593638-carthog.gif

Here are the exact steps you need to do
The neat thing is that you can weld other objects, like this cool one that will surely get some use.
From HaloDestiny (in french)

IHaveIce

Banned
Cross-posting from the Forge thread, because it's cool, and should offer plenty of new things.

----------

My friend Zeny found out a way to weld a couple of new objects, which offers, for example, the possibility to "drive" a civilian car by combining a warthog and a car.
1452593638-carthog.gif

The neat thing is that you can weld other objects, like this cool one that will surely get some use.
Yo!

That is sick

Detective

I dont know what 343i did about the lag and latency, But the 3 matches I had yesterday and the day before that was almost perfect. So perfect its like a dream.

Suddenly My shots lands, Running riot and Frenzy almost in every match I've had the last couple days. Works Great, I dont have to empty a whole DMR clip on someone, Or shoot someone with a tank without dying. I really really hope this is not a temporary solution. It works now great just like how it did in the launch week. I've had problems since that day until the last two days. I would complain here again if its back to the old laggy shit party I've had :D
Please be real and forever :)

I wanna ask you guys something.
How do you guys feel about the new tank driving control?
Rotate and turning Left and right/ Forward and backward with the left stick?
I actually prefer the old one where left stick was just for moving back and forth / Right for turns and rotate.

Edit : Right is left..loool

Trup1aya

I dont know what 343i did about the lag and latency, But the 3 matches I had yesterday and the day before that was almost perfect. So perfect its like a dream.

Suddenly My shots lands, Running riot and Frenzy almost in every match I've had the last couple days. Works Great, I dont have to empty a whole DMR clip on someone, Or shoot someone with a tank without dying. I really really hope this is not a temporary solution. It works now great just like how it did in the launch week. I've had problems since that day until the last two days. I would complain here again if its back to the old laggy shit party I've had :D
Please be real and forever :)

I wanna ask you guys something.
How do you guys feel about the new tank driving control?
Rotate and turning Left and right with the right stick?
I actually prefer the old one.

I didn't realize that the controls changed... Is this not how it always worked?

E92 M3

Lot of people no longer visit or post here. Don't blame them after the closing thread shenanigans. So many other posters permanently banned too.

Thread was closed because it was massively off topic and most of the time had nothing to do with Halo lol.

http://halotracker.com/

Search up your tag on this site, it'll tell you your progress between ranks, very useful.

Thanks Jem!

I guess im doing okay. 53% win rate overall. play time 1d 17hrs. feels like i played more than that. guess im still nub material.

Top 9% with ground pound damage and ground pound kills :p

My kd and kda went down though. I can understand since im still adjusting to the elite controller.
i swear it's not an excuse ;)

PLZ UNDERSTAND

Strider

You view Wall of Shame by clicking the # of replies on the community section page.

BraxZy, Trup and Samurai holding down the top 3 spots.

Haruko

Thread was closed because it was massively off topic and most of the time had nothing to do with Halo lol.

I wouldn't say it was massively off-topic...
erotic Sangheili fanfic is still on topic, rite?
It went off-topic for like a page, and then the thread got entirely moved to Off-Topic. A couple pages later it was dead.

Anyways, Antitype being #8 on wall of shame... sure is something

BraXzy

http://halotracker.com/

Search up your tag on this site, it'll tell you your progress between ranks, very useful.

I really wish that was in the game in some form. Whether it just be a progress bar, or even a percentage. It can be hidden away in a menu for all I care.

Some baffling UI decisions were made. *Cough* Medals *Cough*.

You view Wall of Shame by clicking the # of replies on the community section page.

Side note, I love how my name throws people off. From memory it seems most peeps remember the letters, but not always which is capitalised. Mwuhaha.

Oh my.. my mobile numbers showed something very differnent. now that i checked the desktop method. OUchyWowWah hahaha
Dont omit yourself, #4 :p

belushy

Banned

----------

1452593638-carthog.gif

Hell yes!

E92 M3

I really miss the old rag doll physics from the older Halo games. It was so satisfying to see Spartans do a backflip after a sniper headshot.

Trup1aya

When everyone starts looking at the numbers.

UTcLNcj.gif

I personally think it should be called the "wall of acclaim"... More fitting

I really miss the old rag doll physics from the older Halo games. It was so satisfying to see Spartans do a backflip after a sniper headshot.

I've seen some hilarious rag dolls after melees and Spartan charges in this game. Not quite as ridiculous as H3's head shots, but damn close.

Nowise10

Yeah the physics in this game for Spartans and vehicles and explosions are really weird. Someone made a video showing how in all the previous games, when a Warthog hit an explosion, it went flying, and when it exploded, it went flying again, then in Halo 5 the hog doesn't move at all when getting hit by an explosion.

Actually I searched for it and found it so you can watch it too https://youtu.be/cNeJe-eBK_s?t=87

Along with that, like the vehicles in this game are weird. Going off a jump in a warthog or mongoose, you like slowdown and loose your speed, and your vehicles will usually flip.

aravuus

Yeah, what's up with the boring ragdolls :(

e: let me rephrase that

Yeah the physics in this game for Spartans and vehicles and explosions are really weird. Someone made a video showing how in all the previous games, when a Warthog hit an explosion, it went flying, and when it exploded, it went flying again, then in Halo 5 the hog doesn't move at all when getting hit by an explosion.

Actually I searched for it and found it so you can watch it too https://youtu.be/cNeJe-eBK_s?t=87

Along with that, like the vehicles in this game are weird. Going off a jump in a warthog or mongoose, you like slowdown and loose your speed, and your vehicles will usually flip.

what's up with the boring physics in general :(

The physics have always been a part of Halo's draw for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom