• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

I need to learn the combat evolved nade spots.

Funny enough, that's the closest commendation we have to master for our HaloGAF commendations.

Stackboy

Game is still broken here in Australia, can't get into Team Slayer at all, says there aren't enough people to form a game.

I hope they eventually patch the game to match me with people overseas.

Trup1aya

Yeah I was skipping through and just hitting advert/splash screen after splash screen between matches. Problem is, all the players VODs are locked behind their subs -.-

Just tried to watch Snip3down, no dice. Roy at least doesn't do that.

I started jumping between streams, and while I did run into some ads, and miss parts of some matches, I got to see way more matches than if I had stuck to the Halo stream. I also saw way fewer ads.

If I were 343i id have crews spectating and recording several matches at once... I'd air the most promising ones, with an ESPN style ticker that runs Across the bottom keeping viewers up on concurrent matches... Instead of airing 30 + min of halo 5ads and useless commentary between tournament rounds id either:

1) jump to another ongoing match
2) show highlights from other matches
3) show replays of matches that didn't air....

I'm not sure why some one thinks it's a good idea to show the same halo 5 ads over and over to people who probably already own it.

It would be cool if there were custom load outs you could set up. So as soon as you hit the required REQ level all you have to do is click that and not have to go through every single card.

Akai__

Yeah this sucks, it only gets worse with the amount of reqs you unlock, needs to be implemented.

It would be cool if there were custom load outs you could set up. So as soon as you hit the required REQ level all you have to do is click that and not have to go through every single card.

Pretty sure that's exactly what Akai was suggesting. :p

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. I spawn with the same weapons every time on Level 3 and on Level 4 onwards. Just let me preselect them as my Loadout, instead of wasting valuable time to this unbearable lag in a freaking menu...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The skill based matchmaking in this game is the best. I can go into team slayer, and even though I'm garbage, so is everyone else I'm playing against, so I don't feel too bad.

Downside is still quitters though. Going 2v4 is horse shit.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. I spawn with the same weapons every time on Level 3 and on Level 4 onwards. Just let me preselect them as my Loadout, instead of wasting valuable time to this unbearable lag in a freaking menu...

Hey man, you have to save system resources so we can buy games from the dashboard while we play Halo. :|

BraXzy

Oh man, BraXzyy im so sorry i played like garbage lol

Haha don't worry about it! I was playing like crap for the first half, their top guy was lagging all over the place!

I got a craaaaaaaaazy multikill towards the end though. That was hella close. What a coinkydink that we match up.

Gotta love it when you win a game where you outnumber a team 4 players to 1 and don't increase your onyx rank, but lose a 4 players to 1 game in the very next game lose onyx rank points. GG

So I'm finally starting to score some real goodies from REQs, 2 shot kill pistol
still no DMR
:
XOpgT0G.jpg

Anyone else see this Terminal Remake that just finished? Even has working trains!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28Iht_XLHU

Really cool.

Amazing dedication to forging, looks brilliant and a must play customs map. Why on Earth isn't this dumped into matchmaking with a return of 1 sided flag and bomb settings?

Remember those exciting one-sided bomb/flag gametypes? RIP asymmetrical gametypes..................

This hurts
forever

Can we have level presets, please? I hate this lag in the REQ menus, when selecting a BR for example. Ridiculous...

Yes fucking please. Also throw in a sell by quantity increment toggle too.

Glass

Already counting down the days til Friday's stream.
Only advice for the next map showcase, don't put the stream team up against the pro team :p

Amazing dedication to forging, looks brilliant and a must play customs map. Why on Earth isn't this dumped into matchmaking with a return of 1 sided flag and bomb settings?

Because it's not as easy as pushing a button or flipping a switch!
You have to push a button AND flip a switch.

Because it's not as easy as pushing a button or flipping a switch!
You have to push a button AND flip a switch.

Fine they did BTB as Forge but holy hell this and 1-sided with the update of BTB would have been insane. BTB on terminal flag or bomb is legit good Halo times. Also a great map for 4v4 Arena flag/bomb.

I'm annoyed because my post just erased when I hit Submit Reply but I
l'll post again but shorter this time.

Since last weeks downtime when the servers were down for a bit, I've been having a great experience playing. Shots all feel like they register, games feel balanced whether I win or lose.
And this was with a moderate NAT.

Today I get on to play and its the total opposite. Nothing is registering. Latency is crazy.
I check and find my NAT is back to open.

What the F?

Went up a against a consistent flow of Onyx players in Team Arena today, whilst trying to get ranked.

Was pretty frustrating, but somehow managed to get ranked in diamond, so we aight.

mo60

The skill based matchmaking in this game is the best. I can go into team slayer, and even though I'm garbage, so is everyone else I'm playing against, so I don't feel too bad.

Downside is still quitters though. Going 2v4 is horse shit.

The skill based matchmaking is mostly good, but sometimes I get matches were my team gets crushed and I only get 5 or 6 kills max.

The embarrassment is real. I suck. Having trouble logging into my account at work, but I'll post game history if I can get it to work. Played 8 or 9 games today and learned some humility.

EDIT:

Check out these baller stats lol

ZwyF5v3.gif

Nothing huh?

So I'm guessing they either threw it the idea since the sprint episode was made or holding out for some massive weapon reveal along with the gravity hammer and such.

Dang I hope its the latter because I would hate to see the CE pistol get cut.

It's coming, not all things happen instantly.

Nothing huh?

So I'm guessing they either threw it the idea since the sprint episode was made or holding out for some massive weapon reveal along with the gravity hammer and such.

Dang I hope its the latter because I would hate to see the CE pistol get cut.
Oh it's definitely happening, so it's just a matter of when. I'm really hoping it's close in function to what it originally was, with projectile bullets and a 3sk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom