• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCS seriously needs something akin to trade deadlines or team change limits or something. It's almost impossible to care about any teams when this shit happens every other day. Team and league branding would definitely benefit. Imagine if football/baseball teams swapped half their rosters around every other week. This shit is dumb. Contracts in Halo are a joke.

Glass

HCS seriously needs something akin to trade deadlines or team change limits or something. It's almost impossible to care about any teams when this shit happens every other day. Team and league branding would definitely benefit. Imagine if football/baseball teams swapped half their rosters around every other week. This shit is dumb. Contracts in Halo are a joke.

Yeah, I guess we don't know what shape the HCS will take after this one tournament, but presumably it'll carry on, and for that season hopefully they do something.

Crazy to think last night I was watching Leftovers scrimming on Twitch, this morning one of them is now on EG.

Technically, Halo doesn't have a "pro" scene, at least compared to other more matured esports titles.

BraXzy

HCS rosters are locked in something like 4 days. That's why everything has been going crazy, people want to be in the best position possible for when the heat ramps up.

It is a pain for anyone trying to follow but all I'd say is don't invest heavily into anything till the tourny proper starts :3

Madness

Isn't it the 24th? Meaning no more changes after that date? I think that's why teams are scrambling.

But I can't really fault them for these changes. The top 4, maybe top 8 teams have a shot at making more money from this event than they would've made in years or perhaps their entire career. Top team easily getting more than a million.

Isn't it the 24th? Meaning no more changes after that date? I think that's why teams are scrambling.

But I can't really fault them for these changes. The top 4, maybe top 8 teams have a shot at making more money from this event than they would've made in years or perhaps their entire career. Top team easily getting more than a million.

Well yeah, but that's the equivalent of, say, the MLB swapping players like mad 24/7 until October. Rosters get locked for regionals/worlds, but that's it as far as I'm aware.

BraXzy

The finals, with all this build up, with that crazy amount of money, are going to be insane.

It's going to be hype as hell. There's going to be some crazy plays and some desperate acts to reach that final goal, that's for sure. My popcorn shall be ready!

The finals, with all this build up, with that crazy amount of money, are going to be insane.

I hope you are right but in my experience as a Caster sometimes when you hype a tournament a lot sometimes you don't get the results that you expect, specially with Halo.

Madness

It's going to be hype as hell. There's going to be some crazy plays and some desperate acts to reach that final goal, that's for sure. My popcorn shall be ready!

Definitely some bad blood created though. Don't think there will be as much camaraderie after this. It's all business at the end of the day, but it could be personal for players who were cut, or players who leave and lose, resentment etc.

Going to be entertaining for sure. Here's hoping no Breakout. Just keep it CTF, Strongholds and Slayer for the finals 8.

Velcoro

Did Ola really retire say it ain't so..

So, Lxthul left EG
Commonly to EG
2gre dropped from CLG

Assuming Lxthul will be heading to CLG?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Can't comment a whole lot on HCS after the Halo World Championship but roster restrictions are something we'll be taking very seriously.

Can't comment a whole lot on HCS after the Halo World Championship but roster restrictions are something we'll be taking very seriously.

For this post, I will restrict myself to only 2 Tashi jokes per week rather than my usual 10+.

#TashiSavingHaloAgain

Tashi

For this post, I will restrict myself to only 2 Tashi jokes per week rather than my usual 10+.

#TashiSavingHaloAgain

You've really got to spread them out. I mean, back when everyone was making Tashi Ceiling jokes for everything I said, they became stale and no one cared anymore. Nowadays, a well placed Tashi Ceiling joke every now and then really has an impact.

In all seriousness, the fact that Lethul leaving EG is making this much news goes to show that team stability creates more powerful stories.

You've really got to spread them out. I mean, back when everyone was making Tashi Ceiling jokes for everything I said, they became stale and no one cared anymore. Nowadays, a well placed Tashi Ceiling joke every now and then really has an impact.

Those were the old days. Nowadays it's all about blaming you for anything "wrong" with halo. Warzone makes it too easy for you to break the ceiling anyway :)

In all seriousness, the fact that Lethul leaving EG is making this much news goes to show that team stability creates more powerful stories.

Exactly. Rivalries and team changes don't have the same "oomph" when you can't get invested in a team to begin with. The main reason this is such a huge deal is because EG's roster has been stable for so long.

Madness

Going to be tough. It's why a lot of organizations don't really bother, because hard to market and develop teams that change often or cause negativity amongst fans. It's also on the players as well. For example, look at the Ninja change. Someone like him brings in Liquid to Halo, they market heavily around him, he's perhaps the most popular streamer, and bam, all of a sudden cut and then all his fans turn on Liquid, don't follow the organization. Very little stability in terms of fan following and viewership. Don't know how you'll tackle because sometimes changes are needed if you just can't win.

One thing for sure, it does create a lot of drama that ultimately draws people to watch, speculate.

jem0208

The deadline is up in 3 days.

I feel legitimately bad for ninja and snipedown.

It felt like EG were tight and it probably felt like a betrayal for lethul to leave.

As for ninja, they were doing SO well together as Renegades/leftovers and it probably felt like they were onto something good.

I mean I get why commonly would want to go to EG but man...

Loomba

You guys think Lethul left because EG started losing a few? I mean they always bickered after every match but they were stone cold winners until the last few series.

I really want to call the Boomco. pistol the "Mountain Dew Ghetto Blasta".

Also what is up with that Patrol pose?! soo awkward...

Also, Can I have my Sol Emblem back please 343i?! I really miss that emblem and I can't recreate my Halo 4 one anymore thanks to your screwed up emblem system (why did you screw up what wasn't broken?).

Tashi

They were one kill away from winning the last qualifier, it makes no sense.

Yea it's strange. Makes me think that this was a long time coming, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

To me they were the still the best team in world despite their recent placing. With big money on the line, at an in-person event, there's no other roster that has proven themselves to be better. If I'm Allegiance, I'm pretty damn happy about this. I feel like they just became the clear favorites in the scene. We'll have to see how everything shakes down in the end though.

Trup1aya

Yea it's strange. Makes me think that this was a long time coming, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

To me they were the still the best team in world despite their recent placing. With big money on the line, at an in-person event, there's no other roster that has proven themselves to be better. If I'm Allegiance, I'm pretty damn happy about this. I feel like they just became the clear favorites in the scene. We'll have to see how everything shakes down in the end though.

I feel the same, and I don't feel like Lethul does much to help CLGs chances so it all seems so strange. No one gained anything out of this move except Allegiance if you ask me, and they already have top seed locked down... They didnt need anymore help.

Akai__

Brute Emblem!!! Next update to come with the whole Brute sandbox including:

- All Brute vehicles
- All Brute weapons
- A Warzone map that takes place on a Brute planet and has Brute enemies
- A PvE mode that works on that Warzone map and also features Brute enemies

Am I doing it right, people?

The funny part about this is that Halo Follower is probably making a video about this.
/s

That moment you wreck so hard in Arena you get an invite from the whole opposing team lol :p

Whenever I win and I see people suffering from bad teammates on the other team I invite these people. Sometimes it works, but sometimes you also have sore losers in the other team who start to insult you like you killed their dog or whatever. lol

jem0208

I feel legitimately bad for ninja and snipedown.

It felt like EG were tight and it probably felt like a betrayal for lethul to leave.

As for ninja, they were doing SO well together as Renegades/leftovers and it probably felt like they were onto something good.

I mean I get why commonly would want to go to EG but man...

Ninja and Spartan just keep getting fucked over. I really hope they manage to stay together, easily my favourite duo in Halo.

Gears UE.

Been told my BC codes for the other Gears games would be sent to me soon for months. Sick of waiting so I just want my money back.

You haven't had your codes yet? Odd, I thought they were all sent out back in December. You've checked your XBL messages, right? That's where I got mine.

If not unlucky, but the chat support are usually pretty helpful so they should be able to sort you out.

Akai__

That is the most hilariously distracted team I've ever seen in Halo, to date. Funny clip, but damn, that would not have happened had they been even remotely competent.

I was never expecting an Exterm and it only happened because one guy quit.

I love the Mauler, though. Works pretty well in MLG gametypes where it's basically the only power weapon. An interesting weapon for sure.

Gears UE.

Been told my BC codes for the other Gears games would be sent to me soon for months. Sick of waiting so I just want my money back.

Yeah that sucks. But just so you know... The refund process can take quite some time, too.

jem0208

You haven't had your codes yet? Odd, I thought they were all sent out back in December. You've checked your XBL messages, right? That's where I got mine.

If not unlucky, but the chat support are usually pretty helpful so they should be able to sort you out.

Nope, I've had nothing despite asking on the forums twice.

Also apparently I'm not allowed a refund.

If I don't get these codes this is bullshit.

Apparently this wasn't added into the trailer that was part of the newest update
stopstabbingyourself-d28a3d884c5a40daadf473c969a51cfd.gif

One stab in the Gut*, one stab in the head as you throw them. Intersting. I still want to see how the legendary assassinations look like.

think someone metioned earlier that it would be awesome to see a preview of these assassinations instead of just a card -_- .....

E92 M3

These teams changes are too erratic and unprofessional I think. Ogre 2 getting dropped from CLG was very disrespectful - that guy is a legend in competitive Halo. Hopefully he gets picked up by Renegades.

Still rooting for EG, but won't lie - Naded is probably super happy.

Eh, I'll give them another chance to give me my codes. If I don't get them by mid February I'll push for a refund.

Also it'd really nice if just for once I didn't have to carry my entire team in SWAT...
Screenshot-Original.png

Well you do have way more than 25% of the kills. 2 more and you would be at 50%. To me, you carried the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom