• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo: Mythos is releasing in 2016 :)

But it needs to be in-game, not just another piece of EU / reference, which is what I assume Halo :Mythos is going to be from the Sprint.

Integrate it into the game! Love me the Mass Effect Codex, and as I said the appendices in Shadows of Mordor are another great riff on the idea.

RobNBanks

Banned
Except for reloading the game after having to quit it.

Most people rage quitting are probably done with the game anyway, so loading won't matter. No one gets mad enough to the point to leave a match because shit teammates to jump right back into another match and potentially play with more shit teammates

Then people have to leave because something came up. So 30s loading won't really matter

You can't derank so not sure what other reason there would be for quitting

and then they'd adjust.

Making the game less friendly to casual players in order to stop some assholes from quitting isn't a good idea. Also it takes what, less than a minute to start up Halo 5 again and jump into matchmaking? Not really a great deterrent. If it was done through the actual matchmaking system with freezeout times they could tune the time to a value which deters quitters without punishing innocents.

Edit: and they could add a check like "Please confirm that you want to quit this match. You will be unable to join another game for 15 minutes due to abandoning your teammates." when you attempt to quit the game.

Herbs

Banned
Making the game less friendly to casual players in order to stop some assholes from quitting isn't a good idea. Also it takes what, less than a minute to start up Halo 5 again and jump into matchmaking? Not really a great deterrent. If it was done through the actual matchmaking system with freezeout times they could tune the time to a value which deters quitters without punishing innocents.

I had no idea only casuals quit and making quitting not an option would make it harder on them.

Edit: would be a good idea to not allow them to join another game until the one they quit from has finished though.

This is a great idea. Tie it to your gamertag so that even if they quit via dashboard they can't join another game yet. That should all be possible, technically. I think the real technical challenge is no causing disconnects due to server/networking issues to behave in the same way. People will still unplug their modem/routers to simulate this, though. It's at least some barrier, I think it would help.

I had no idea only casuals quit and making quitting not an option would make it harder on them.

No, I'm saying they are the people who might need to quit mid-game for RL reasons that would end up frustrated because they wouldn't think of quitting through the dashboard, while seasoned quitters would quit through the dashboard and get back into games in less than a minute.

This is a great idea. Tie it to your gamertag so that even if they quit via dashboard they can't join another game yet. That should all be possible, technically. I think the real technical challenge is no causing disconnects due to server/networking issues to behave in the same way. People will still unplug their modem/routers to simulate this, though. It's at least some barrier, I think it would help.

Yeah I don't think there's anything you can do about people physically altering their connection without also hitting innocent people with genuine internet issues. I doubt there's enough assholes that are desperate enough to do that to really be a problem though.

Edit: I should also say that the system I'm suggesting is effectively stolen straight from League of Legends where it works quite well, and where individual matches can take over an hour.

Herbs

Banned
No, I'm saying they are the people who might need to quit mid-game for RL reasons that would end up frustrated because they wouldn't think of quitting through the dashboard, while seasoned quitters would quit through the dashboard and get back into games in less than a minute.

so no real reason to oppose my idea then? cool. i agree it is a great idea i had lol

I like the way Heroes of the Storm handles quitting games.
Can't search/join another game until the one you were in finishes. OR you can rejoin, but i dont think rejoining mid way through a match would work for these types of games....

BraXzy

But it needs to be in-game, not just another piece of EU / reference, which is what I assume Halo :Mythos is going to be from the Sprint.

Integrate it into the game! Love me the Mass Effect Codex, and as I said the appendices in Shadows of Mordor are another great riff on the idea.

Something in-game would be really cool but I wonder how many people would actually utilise it after the devs put in all the work.

It would be awesome to just think hey what date did that happen again? *Opens Codex*. Why are they wanting to go to war? *Opens Codex* What new tales does StorytimeGrunt have for us? *Opens Codex*

#StorytimeGrunt2016

Ain't I look clean tho

a65fe8e37e1504a83246880aa7ce64c4.jpg

BraXzy

I hope they figure out what's causing this update message to pop up prematurely, people are gonna keep getting their hopes up and get mad :3

Unless they are actually stealth releasing.

Strider

Btw can't link the post since I'm on my phone but according to Reddit Josh Holmes has confirmed they are actively working on social playlist for arena...

Not an exact quote but... "It's not as simple as flipping a switch but we hear you and are actively working on social playlist"

Nice to hear. I love the communication from 343 so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom