• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNBanks

Banned
Okay now hold on a minute here - I agree with you that the achievement example you listed is a bad achievement.

But the current multiplayer achievements in Halo 5 were pretty damn great, no? They all just consisted of playing X amount of matches in a certain game type. They encouraged participation. That's the best kind of multiplayer achievement - ones that promote participating rather than screwing over your teammates in the hopes of fortuitously running into rare circumstances for some random miscellaneous multiplayer achievement.

Would have been better if there was a CTF and Stronghold playlist though. There's achievements for it, but you have to hope they come up in Arena.

but yeah it works a lot better that way. Gets people to try out a new mode they might not have otherwise played and they might actually like it.

Deasnutz

Banned
Does the dynamic resolution bother anyone playing on a large TV? I may just rent it to see, as I'm mostly interested in the single player campaign.

Strider

Yup.

Join in progress too!

Wait... So it's not ranked? I mean JiP with ranks is weeeeiiiird

I'm all for JiP in BTB tho

--

My update still at 8% tho so not like I'm playing anytime soon. No idea what's up with XBL right now. Usually I get great download speeds since I have a fast internet connection.

HYPE for BTB! Can't wait to get home.

Okay now hold on a minute here - I agree with you that the achievement example you listed is a bad achievement.

But the current multiplayer achievements in Halo 5 were pretty damn great, no? They all just consisted of playing X amount of matches in a certain game type. They encouraged participation. That's the best kind of multiplayer achievement - ones that promote participating rather than screwing over your teammates in the hopes of fortuitously running into rare circumstances for some random miscellaneous multiplayer achievement.

Yeah it would be great to see more MP achievements added as game modes are added to encourage participation, e.g. "Win X BTB games." or something like that. Simple but would give people who moved on a reason to return to the game to see the new stuff, since they left so much content out of the vanilla release they need to encourage that kind of behaviour IMO.

This also makes me happy.

Where do you people even live? I gotta go to class and ya'll nukkas trying to squad up

It's not fair

sadbron.png

They're just fucking jobless hippies, man. Don't let them get to you.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Strongholds BTB is a mess - teams spawn all over the map on any side. Pretty terrible. You can be shooting dudes in front one second, then get shot in the back the next.

Strongholds BTB is a mess - teams spawn all over the map on any side. Pretty terrible. You can be shooting dudes in front one second, then get shot in the back the next.

are your teammates all over the map screwing up spawns? If not, then I'm sure they will update spawns in a week or so after they gather data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom