• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing it now

image.php

Montresor

New achievements? I wouldn't mind the game staying at 1000/1000 gamerscore for its lifetime. But new achievements would definitely compel me to try multiplayer more.

Welfare

New achievements? I wouldn't mind the game staying at 1000/1000 gamerscore for its lifetime. But new achievements would definitely compel me to try multiplayer more.
No new ones on the Waypoint site.

Maybe they included some forge stuff in the update since the B2B maps were built with Forge?

I wonder if this update contains a lot of unused forge assets since BTB maps are designed with them, most likely.
Probably. Would make the Forge update more bearable.

343i and patch notes. lol
Haha :(

BraXzy

Nothing yet. Might require the installation for it to come up. Dunno if they would add them just for BTB though who knows. I'd guess the first, if any added ones will be the first major "Map Pack".

Welfare

Update: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/battle-of-shadow-and-light-update-is-here

Added 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. See below for a breakdown of what’s included.
Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:

BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points

Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware.

Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below.

Faster REQ leveling
Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
Reduced starting grenade count to 1

Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.
Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.
Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.

Nori Chan

I need to know who to bother to tweet them for more achievements. Frankie, Quinn? The official channel?

Uh NO

Multiplayer achievements can gladly stay out of this game. Most of Halo 4's were surprisingly fine but then there were just absolute horseshit ones that were basically impossible unless you boosted.

"Assassinate a player using a hardlight shield" - You fuckin' kidding me?

YIISSSSSSSSSSSSS

ALL GLORY TO FRANKIE

I know this is a hype post, but I do genuinely echo it. Frankie engages with people here and listens to feedback and I am sure many of the tweaks/changes implemented in this update (and future ones) will be from Frankie following this topic and listening to players.

Leyasu

Banned
Holy shit my update is going slow. Please 343, keep tuning that server selection. It was great for me from Sunday, and I would like it to stay that way

Montresor

Uh NO

Multiplayer achievements can gladly stay out of this game. Most of Halo 4's were surprisingly fine but then there were just absolute horseshit ones that were basically impossible unless you boosted.

"Assassinate a player using a hardlight shield" - You fuckin' kidding me?

Okay now hold on a minute here - I agree with you that the achievement example you listed is a bad achievement.

But the current multiplayer achievements in Halo 5 were pretty damn great, no? They all just consisted of playing X amount of matches in a certain game type. They encouraged participation. That's the best kind of multiplayer achievement - ones that promote participating rather than screwing over your teammates in the hopes of fortuitously running into rare circumstances for some random miscellaneous multiplayer achievement.

Fuchsdh

Okay now hold on a minute here - I agree with you that the achievement example you listed is a bad achievement.

But the current multiplayer achievements in Halo 5 were pretty damn great, no? They all just consisted of playing X amount of matches in a certain game type. They encouraged participation. That's the best kind of multiplayer achievement - ones that promote participating rather than screwing over your teammates in the hopes of fortuitously running into rare circumstances for some random miscellaneous multiplayer achievement.

Yep, achievements like "Win 10 BTB matches" or "play a match on every map" don't require the kind of stupid luck or game-altering behaviors people deride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom