• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forge is gonna come with a fileshare....right?

Something about the halo api and the halo customs site having such a close connection with the game gives me hope of something more....like a custom games browser of some sort.

idk if we'll be that lucky though.

I do not look forward to the inevitable deluge of Lockout remakes and its equally inevitable integration into the playlists. Hate that map.

I'm hoping that 343 didn't make Burial Mounds with Forge for BTB like they planned so that they can remake it it internally from the ground up. The fact that Burial Mounds and Collosus have never been remade while Gulch, Valhalla and countless others get beaten into the ground with every Halo iteration is a travesty.

Montresor

Almost done the campaign. Here's the full set of screenshots from my playthrough so far. This is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played.

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Boston

They added it because it had no reason not being in the game to begin with.

Halo 4 MP is pretty bad.

I've been playing since OG halo and I enjoyed Halo4.

Flinch is horrible and I'm so glad they did away with it. I prefer not being paralyzed and helpless every time I'm shot.

A Flood Firefight Mode would be awesome though. No announced plans at the moment though.

I didn't really notice the flinch that much, I wish they just kept no de-scoping and took away flinch.

Flinch is fucking atrocious

thats really all I have to say about that topic

I meant the infected mode that was in Halo 4 and MCC. Do they have plans to bring that back?

Trup1aya

I didn't really notice the flinch that much, I wish they just kept no de-scoping and took away flinch.

I meant the infected mode that was in Halo 4 and MCC. Do they have plans to bring that back?

Heretic!

id love to hear just about anything on any game types they are bringing back.

they gotta be in before forge....right?

Honestly? I'm gonna take the total lack of word regarding classic game modes as affirmation that they aren't coming back. Pretty sad. Core gameplay is SO good but the lack of content is just regrettable.

Honestly? I'm gonna take the total lack of word regarding classic game modes as affirmation that they aren't coming back. Pretty sad. Core gameplay is SO good but the lack of content is just regrettable.

i just cant possibly see them being serious about this long term committment to the game with only 3 gametypes.

Something about the halo api and the halo customs site having such a close connection with the game gives me hope of something more....like a custom games browser of some sort.

Does a sandwich come with bread?

(343 pls dont make same mistake a third time)

Does a sandwich come with bread?

(343 pls dont make same mistake a third time)

isnt that it? 343 already gave us a bunch of pbj on the counter with no bread last go around, only to add the bread in pretty poorly like 10 months later

youd HOPE it launches with just a dope file share in place, they put this much effort into making forge the forgiest this time. give it the full package.

Then why the hell haven't they said anything at all? I'm getting upset about this because this game has SO MUCH potential to be amazing. Not that it isn't but it could be even more so.

might be a planning thing. the whole "battle of shadow a light". the named content updates. they might want to be 100% SURE they have their ducks in a row before announcing or have big plans to handle the announcements, like named content updates.

that said, just throw us a bone and say "hey more gametypes before years end" or something

Trup1aya

While I can't imagine that H5 will run its course before the classic game modes return, it is

1) baffling that they launched without them
2) fucking annoying that they haven't even mentioned that they are working on it, let alone given a ETA

Just add that to this list of weird communication choices 343i has been making around this game.

I'm going to start quitting any BTB matches I get joined in progress. The rank is effectively random and meaningless to me now, so why would I stay around for most likely a losing team, getting donged on by teams with power weapons and vehicles. Don't care if it impacts my rank. If you want JiP, make it a social playlist.

Lol enjoy your temporary MP bans I guess

pizzacat

Banned
I love this game, probably more than halo 2 which was the only one I enjoyed besides ODST (smoky jazz!) but it's missing the oomph.

Most of these game types are killing as objectives? Anyone know how to get koth or some area dominance game mode without the insanity of btb?

I love this game, probably more than halo 2 which was the only one I enjoyed besides ODST (smoky jazz!) but it's missing the oomph.

Most of these game types are killing as objectives? Anyone know how to get koth or some area dominance game mode without the insanity of btb?

Team Arena is your only option for now unfortunately.

Akai__

This is the most realistic and best solution I've seen suggested for a social playlist. I hate that everyone just wants to shit up the playlist with rampant social focused garbage. We don't need a playlist JUST for Infection, or Fiesta, or Social Slayer. One playlist that has it all would go over much better in keeping populations in check across the board.

Numbers of playlists should be kept low and realistic. I think this could really work well with the addition of weekend playlists that are Infection etc. only.

If 343 are worried about lack of players in the ranked playlists then they should at least look into saturday-sunday unranked 4v4 slayer or something.

I wish they would look into req earning rates and disabling rank if you join in progress, seems like stuff they should have thought about before release but side lined it to do other things, they must have known BRB req earning was super tight compared to assault or that people dislike joinig on the losing side in ranked playlists...

I totally agree with you here. My 9th placement match was utter garbage, because the game decided to give me 2 players on their first placement match. They both went 2-23 and 3-24, iirc. Now, I don't actually care about their K/D ratio, but if this is ranked, how am I playing with people who are not capable of understanding what the objective is and obviously are not very familiar with the game yet? Shouldn't I get opponents and teammates who are similiar to my skill? I don't think that happened here, but instead we got completely destroyed on that match.

I guess not everyone watched the latest Sprint episode - Ship It. They clearly state Everyone is now working on creating more content for the game. More req/maps/experiences.

This doom and gloom as if they stopped working on anything post Halo 5 is baffling to me. You want to be spoon fed info; well there it is! lol Can't have everything the instant you make a concern. It hasn't even been 1 month since release. /rant

See the serious face and commitment 343i has toward Halo 5 Multiplayer:

Timestamp highlight - 16:30.

https://youtu.be/kFMOC8cak0k (This linnk starts at 16:08)

ugh, i need to shake that bad vibes off of me. lol

teraMEL0S

I wish I knew of the chances of custom game type matchmaking. That would be one of my favorite additions ever if at all possible.

Numbers of playlists should be kept low and realistic. I think this could really work well with the addition of weekend playlists that are Infection etc. only.

I think the majority of us, and players in general, want to see more playlists including more of the standard Halo affair... Oddball, Juggernaut, Infection, Assault, Headhunter, Griffball etc.

If they're afraid of fragmentation or people leaving their precious Warzone for more "fun" and "casual" game types... well then, they have a problem with the "core" game types... let people play what they want.

Caja 117

I didn't really notice the flinch that much, I wish they just kept no de-scoping and took away flinch

How would that work? How would anyone be able to make a sniper back down retreat? A sniper with no descoping and no flinch sounds like giving the person that take it 8 sure kills.

link1201

Almost done the campaign. Here's the full set of screenshots from my playthrough so far. This is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played.
I really liked the campaign. My biggest complaints are lack of scoring/medals and the story flow wasn't as tight as it could have been. It felt a bit rushed(I'm speaking of the story not the overall production). It was the most fun I've had in a campaign in a long time. I really enjoyed just playing and finding all the different routes I could take. An excellent gaming experience in that regard.

Josh Holmes said they were bringing 'new game modes' in the last Sprint video.

I think the biggest problem is it launched and is currently barren as is... half of the usual modes are nowhere to be found and people are getting tired/bored with the current playlists as they are and the complete lack of casual modes. (save for the recent addition of weekend playlists)

Every previous Halo has launched with many more modes and maps. While Halo 5 is the best playing Halo (imo) it is by far the worst as far as depth is concerned. (where it matters, i'm not talking visual/cosmetic stuff or even Warzone in general... that shit is a mess)

That's typically vague. New new? Old new? Old new new? New old old? Old new old new? New new new?

And that's a typical over-thinking response. I get people want 343 to be telling us everything, but the appetite for news, or rather the absolute foot-stamping impatience with which it is awaited is not entirely reasonable, imo. The game launched three weeks ago and has had a big update and playlist changes already. It means 'new game modes', which could be new to Halo 5, or new to the series in general. The point is, there are more game modes in the pipeline, assuming what he said is 100% fixed.

Does anyone know what req level you have to be to use the Energy Bayonet DMR and the Laser Sighted DMR? I unlocked both in my last gold pack last night but was going to bed so haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Caja 117

Yesterday played some BTB, man some matches were brutal for me, I think there was one i went 10-22 sone moments during the game i felt the other team was just taking their base sniper and our sniper and controlling midbase in basin, it was fun either way, I do get that Halo 3 vibe from this game when it comes to the fun Im having.

Gametypes Like oddball and KotH should be insane in Halo 5, 343, please!!!!!

That's typically vague. New new? Old new? Old new new? New old old? Old new old new? New new new?

Shit, I'll take it.

Oh, also, I just remembered that there was... something, a comment from I think Josh in response to a request for Ricochet that stuff like Griffball and... I think one other would be first. So we are getting new game modes, it's just a question of when. I'm betting on them coming with Forge. BigEvilTurtle, you can calm down now.

Does anyone know what req level you have to be to use the Energy Bayonet DMR and the Laser Sighted DMR? I unlocked both in my last gold pack last night but was going to bed so haven't had a chance to try them yet.

I think all of the Energy Bayonet gear is level 8. Not sure about the laser sight, but I can't see that being lower than 6.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
And that's a typical over-thinking response. I get people want 343 to be telling us everything, but the appetite for news and the absolute impatience with which it is awaited is not entirely reasonable, imo. It means 'new game modes', which could be new to Halo 5, or new to the series in general. The point is, there are more game modes in the pipeline, assuming what he said is 100% fixed.

it's actually a deliberately exaggerated response. Not much "over-thinking" in it. :)

Wanting some clarification on vague statements doesn't qualify as absolute impatience.

Trup1aya

And that's a typical over-thinking response. I get people want 343 to be telling us everything, but the appetite for news, or rather the absolute foot-stamping impatience with which it is awaited is not entirely reasonable, imo. The game launched three weeks ago and has had a big update and playlist changes already. It means 'new game modes', which could be new to Halo 5, or new to the series in general. The point is, there are more game modes in the pipeline, assuming what he said is 100% fixed.
How is over-thinking?...

People just wanna know if this game will support oddball and koth like every halo before it.
A simple yes or no would suffice, instead of giving these annoying nebulous answers...

Saying you are working on new stuff isn't news at all... I'm under the assumption that they aren't sitting around the office twiddling their thumbs...

How is over-thinking?...

People just wanna know if this game will support oddball and koth like every halo before it.
A simple yes or no would suffice, instead of giving these annoying nebulous answers...

Saying you are working on new stuff isn't news at all... I'm under the assumption that they aren't sitting around the office twiddling their thumbs...

This. Not some complex equation to wrap your brain around. It's very much like CoD not launching with Search and Destroy and any sort of Hardcore mode and Activision/3Arc etc. going, "we're working on new modes for the future".

When you remove staples of a long-standing franchise without clear intent and time-frames you're going to piss people off. Plain and simple.

I mean... i'm working on cold fusion... but well, ya' know.

I wish 343 could just force everything into a different graphics engine. Imagine Halo 5 on the CryEngine. Fuck that would be awesome. Halo engine has aged pretty terribly with the exception of a few things. BTB is fun but the forge palette is downright revolting, and I'm not a graphics snob. The building blocks are straight out of a fisher price toy set and the ground's textures look stretched over the ground like a tarp. I know 60fps comes with graphical constraints, but is the One so weak we can't even get some grass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom