• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

Vehicle health isn't the issue. It's how easy you're able to shoot out a ghost driver or a hog gunner.

Hog gunners get LIT UP the moment they get rolling.

Id do BR starts if there was some kind of hog variant that protected gunners more.

Naw he's right, all vehicles seem to die rather quickly now. Compounding the problem is the larger player count and the claustrophobic levels that make vehicles difficult to maneuver. It's always been easy to shoot a gunner out in all the games, but here it's even easier due to the Warthog having to go slower and not being able to kite enemies anymore. It was an issue in 4 as well for the gunners.

halo1-1.jpg
halo1-2.jpg
halo1-3.jpg

Get 'em now at your local WallMart

That aint now Mountain Dew or Doritos!?

only 2000 ? i'd expect a silver pack!

My favorite thing in warzone is starting with a longshot AR asap and annoy people from a distance.

Crouch and find a nice hole to wait in, it's like you have a personal mounted gun turret in your hands. Longshot AR was the first gun I unlocked for warzone.

I used one, died within 20 seconds. Its as if the game knows.

My life when I spawn with anything higher then REQ 4

Trup1aya

Wait so no more JIP for BTB? Lets see how big the teams look at the end of games now :/

This. I think that it is a fucking terrible decision disabling jip. I am really disappointed.

You think having full teams at the end is more important than giving people the opportunity to play a game from start to finish, so that they can actually enjoy themselves, instead of trying to dig out of ridiculous holes.

I dunno about you guys, but Reach's lovingly textured gray blocks made me want to slit my wrists after a couple years.

EDIT: wow, like a page late

Montresor

Oh my god the Halo community is something else. JIP disabled? I can't blame 343 for this as people against JIP were so vocal.

Why are people's first instinct "Nooooo 343 please get rid of JIP please". Instead of shouting from the rooftops "Keep JIP 343 keep it just make it so I'm not penalized for joining a losing game".

Leyasu

Banned
You think having full teams at the end is more important than giving people the opportunity to play a game from start to finish, so that they can actually enjoy themselves, instead of trying to dig out of ridiculous holes.

It is difficult to say, but what is the point of continuing now when that second person leaves??

Spawns are pretty bad in the forge maps, but this? Really? http://xboxclips.com/Welfare+Queen+I/afc27e6a-7050-4660-852e-c5501bf5c242

Why is there even a spawn point there?

Yeah. Next week will bring back voting.

Playing Deadlock really exposes the hiccups in the spawning system. I hope 343i looks into moments like these and many others, and tweak their algorithm or update the maps.

It is difficult to say, but what is the point of continuing now when that second person leaves??

If there is no JIP, there needs to be a system in place to quickly get on with another match after people drop. I hate playing unbalanced matches.

Rocket League has Vote to Forfeit.

Glass

You think having full teams at the end is more important than giving people the opportunity to play a game from start to finish, so that they can actually enjoy themselves...

Not for Arena, but I see BTB as a different beast. Obviously the best case scenario would be JIP isn't needed because people arn't assholes and don't quite a losing game. Maybe the penalties can be upped or looked at now JIP isn't a thing. But I'd rather join a game late then be 3 men down on the losing team, or be steam rolling the other team because we out man them 8 to 4.

Joining a game late sucks for that one person. Being half a team down sucks and waters down the experience for both teams. Again, BTB specific, and hopefully the penalties stop the need for JIP.

Caja 117

Halo dev on Twitter:

Thanks for listening 343i.

Nice and Fast.

A lot of people like to bring up Bungies time in Halo to compare it with how it is now, but no doubt that if Bungie was still doing Halo they would had either taken weeks to change it or not change it at all.

Trup1aya

Oh my god the Halo community is something else. JIP disabled? I can't blame 343 for this as people against JIP were so vocal.

Why are people's first instinct "Nooooo 343 please get rid of JIP please". Instead of shouting from the rooftops "Keep JIP 343 keep it just make it so I'm not penalized for joining a losing game".

Because it still sucks ass and isn't fun, even without being penalized.

Nothing fun about making it through the loading screens, only to walk into a 50-10 donging. And then after that inevitable loss, waiting through matchmaking AGAIN only to get thrown into a similar situation AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom