• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

1) the "alternative", is not really an alternative, is how Halo have always been in matchmaking, JiP is a cheap and mediocre solution to solve quit problems.

2) Not Having JiP means Im not going to be trown into undesirable situations, heck, I dont want to start a Matchmaking game halfway trough no matter if the team Im joining is wining or not, I want to start the game from "0".

1) A mediocre solution is better than no solution at all. Perfect is the enemy of good!

2) You are thrown into an undesirable situation the minute someone quits your team. And, I'd argue, the minute someone quits the opponent's team, too.

I think the best solution for now is to simply have casual playlists with JIP.

HTupolev

Yeah... i'd actually be into that. Sign me up lol. Save for it's sudden death and each pistol only has 6 rounds... FIGHT!
I've updated my post with an even better solution that makes it harder for losing teams to turn the game by quitting.

It's totally a good idea, I swear! D:

Did the "Pro" team test these maps at all? That kinda bad spawning shouldn't get past a single QA review.

Heh, I spawned on the enemy side in Deadlock last night at the start of the match. Brought back some Halo 2 Classic nostalgia. Took me a moment to realize what was going on, I spawned right next to the enemy Camo. When I seen my teammates Spartan ID's on the other side of the map I knew what was up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Holy shit, I didn't know this was possible.

SZM0Zuv.gif

Gotta give it up for the map designers.

BraXzy

Holy shit, I didn't know this was possible.

Gotta give it up for the map designers.

That area is pretty sneaky. You can also just walk up that ledge to sneak through a gap at the top above the guy. You can also jump across on the outside to a girder or whatever and sneak over to the explosive barrels in the corner of the map behind that tower.

Get on Halo!

Does anyone else have the issue on the elite controller where if you choose the hair trigger it won't use the charge function when you hold it down? I'm so used to the hair triggers, I don't want to change back. I ignored it up until now, but I want them alternate firing modes.

Edit: nevermind, found a fix. Just change trigger sensitivity to 50 percent. I thought it might be that but I didn't bother trying it the other day.

Does anyone else have the issue on the elite controller where if you choose the hair trigger it won't use the charge function when you hold it down? I'm so used to the hair triggers, I don't want to change back. I ignored it up until now, but I want them alternate firing modes.

You need to go into the xbox accessories app and configure your triggers. Go to the right trigger side in the app and change the column that has 100 and put it to 84.

edit: See you found a fix.

Leyasu

Banned

Edit: nevermind, found a fix.

Yes I have that problem.. What is the fix please?

Caja 117

1) A mediocre solution is better than no solution at all. Perfect is the enemy of good!

2) You are thrown into an undesirable situation the minute someone quits your team. And, I'd argue, the minute someone quits the opponent's team, too.

1) its a solution if its bring some benefit, having JiP doesn't have that desired effect on matches, just people popping in, whoever joins will either quit again because he doesn't want none of that, or You will still loose the game, so tell me how JiP is a solution? the only thing that brings is to fill roster spots, is it possible to win the game because of JiP players? yes, but is also possible to win a game missing players as well.

2) But one of them is not throwing you in a already established mess, Im not sure how you can even compare starting a game from 0 in a full team, and starting a game where the other team is already wining by 50 points, Your team have only 5 players and the other team have complete map control.

Out of interest, what gear is everyone repping atm?

I'm wearing my favourite helmet (Recon) and while I've been using Anubis for awhile since I love the thrusters on it, I've got Recruit Charred on since I now have kick ass skulls and flames on my guy.

noble armor and helmet, orange visor, blue colours.

all day.

Happy Friday! The Halo 5 OST deluxe package is pretty stacked...

... But the delivery driver wasn't so kind on the box it came in. Thankfully the vinyl wasn't damaged at all.

Also picked up the chatpad. Finally...thx ms.

How are the extra buttons on the chat pad? you can screenshot and save video with a single press now, right?

Christof

Neo Member
Happy Friday! The Halo 5 OST deluxe package is pretty stacked...

... But the delivery driver wasn't so kind on the box it came in. Thankfully the vinyl wasn't damaged at all.

Also picked up the chatpad. Finally...thx ms.

Hows that chatpad? does it effect how it feels to play halo using the paddles on the elite controller.

How are the extra buttons on the chat pad? you can screenshot and save video with a single press now, right?

Hows that chatpad? does it effect how it feels to play halo using the paddles on the elite controller.

Haven't tested it out yet via actually playing a game, but it definitely does not inhibit use of the paddles in any way that I can tell, just from holding it. Fits together nicely. I'll do some testing later and report back.

The keys feel great too. All in all very impressed on initial blush.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Haven't tested it out yet via actually playing a game, but it definitely does not inhibit use of the paddles in any way that I can tell, just from holding it. Fits together nicely. I'll do some testing later and report back.

The keys feel great too. All in all very impressed on initial blush.

Can you use a headset adapter at the same time?

Trup1aya

1) Forcing people to join crappy games isn't a 'mediocre' solution. It sucks just as much as having quitters on your team.

2) there's a difference between players with bad behavior forcing you into undesirable situations and the developer forcing you into an undesirable situation in an effort to get someone else out of such a situation.

The BEST solution is to allow people to CHOOSE wether they will be subject to JiP

I think the easiest thing to do for quitters is the Moba solution. Just don't let people requeue until the match is over. Let them rejoin instead. Why is this not a thing?

Jinaar

I've always felt the best way to do un-even teams is the following:

Team A - 5 Players
Team B - 5 Players

Game starts, Team A eventually losses 1 player.
The first player from that point on that dies on Team B goes into queue.
The game is now matched to 4v4.
The next player to die on Team B, goes into queue, the first person that was in queue comes right back into the fight.
Rinse Repeat.

All the while you can start the JiP robot to do it's work or even give Team A's player time to rejoin, especially if they had a system freeze or game crash.

Titanfall always has uneven teams and it really sucks :(

Boston

Anyone thats decent want to group up and play BTB? Sick of being on top of the charts but losing because the team just plays slayer on every mode. GT= JamesAK 47

Obscured

Whenever a player quits the game turns into fiesta FFA, quitters have to spectate the match until it is over and all of their current req cards are sold and req points are divided evenly among those that remain. Problem fixed forever.

One thing I am having an actual problem with is I'll be playing a match and get an invite from someone else. I then have the choice of trying to finish out my game or join theirs. If I wait they typically will already be in a match and then I need to wait in their lobby between 15-20 minutes depending on how the timing worked out at which point unless I'm messing around I will be disconnected for inactivity. If I try to join their game there is the possibility of dropping connection as well and now I've got the potential for a quit penalty and have the wait around scenario of the first option.

Obviously this is the kind of thing there isn't really a fix for, but I wish I could see the status of friends, what kind of match they are in, score, match time. This would at least give me the information to see what kind of choice I should make.

As long as I'm nitpicking, there should be a greater radar radius for vehicles.

Somnia

This only helps people that play games at a desk, but you guys know USB Keyboards with Xbox One right?

I mainly want it for the screenshot/record that right on the pad along with the ability to type.

I don't have a kinect so having the two commands right on buttons is worth it to me.

So I wager most folks don't like JIP because they don't want to get tossed into an unwinnable game and mess up their stats. For me that isn't an issue as I'm a super casual gamer these days. (Stupid real life!)

So how about this:

Make an option where players can "opt in / volunteer" to JIP. That way games aren't empty but people who dislike it for stat reasons aren't punished.

343 could even give players who do this bit more RP as a little thank you bonus. Win/win!

So I wager most folks don't like JIP because they don't want to get tossed into an unwinnable game and mess up their stats. For me that isn't an issue as I'm a super casual gamer these days. (Stupid real life!)

So how about this:

Make an option where players can "opt in / volunteer" to JIP. That way games aren't empty but people who dislike it for stat reasons aren't punished.

343 could even give players who do this bit more RP as a little thank you bonus. Win/win!

I don't like JiP just because of stat reasons, I just don't like spending 6 or 7 minutes in an unwinnable game. I also requested an option for JiP, I just don't want to join a match that is already in progress and be put on a team that is getting stomped.

Caja 117

I've always felt the best way to do un-even teams is the following:

Team A - 5 Players
Team B - 5 Players

Game starts, Team A eventually losses 1 player.
The first player from that point on that dies on Team B goes into queue.
The game is now matched to 4v4.
The next player to die on Team B, goes into queue, the first person that was in queue comes right back into the fight.
Rinse Repeat.

All the while you can start the JiP robot to do it's work or even give Team A's player time to rejoin, especially if they had a system freeze or game crash.

Titanfall always has uneven teams and it really sucks :(

Penalize the team that doesn't have quitters because someone quits from the other team?

Oh my god the Halo community is something else. JIP disabled? I can't blame 343 for this as people against JIP were so vocal.

Why are people's first instinct "Nooooo 343 please get rid of JIP please". Instead of shouting from the rooftops "Keep JIP 343 keep it just make it so I'm not penalized for joining a losing game".
Because then I'm forced to waste my time and either:

A) Finish out a game that is meaningless because the loss won't matter, meaning I'm playing a 10 minute Match for no reason.
B) Quit out and be punished for it.

BTB can have JiP in the social variant. Arena should NEVER have JiP.

I don't like JiP just because of stat reasons, I just don't like spending 6 or 7 minutes in an unwinnable game. I also requested an option for JiP, I just don't want to join a match that is already in progress and be put on a team that is getting stomped.

Yeah but it stands to reason a team that is outnumbered will usually be getting stomped. Just a reality, but man is it awesome when you pull a comeback on one!

Not saying this idea is perfect, but I would way rather have a chance to fill up empty teams than know that people are definitely going to have to finish an unbalanced match.

Caja 117

I wasn't too active on casual Halo forums when Halo 3 was around, was JiP a point of discussion then? I mean, compared to what I had in Ranked Halo 3, with quitters and derankers, Halo 5 ranked games are a much better experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom