• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Options are always cool, but are they practical?

What if the the paramater split the community that chose JIP and those who don't give a shit and didnt.

"AW MAN I CANT FIND A GAME CAUSE NOONE WANTS TO JIP WITH ME"
"WELL DONT JIP ANYMORE"
"JIP IS 4LYFE, I CANT GO BACK"

What if i told you, giving the option to the people would only divide them.

*insert Morpheous meme here*

Just kidding guys. They'll give us an update to have it as an option but that option to JIP will only be available in Social BTB as it being in ranked won't be fair.

:p

EDIT:

Quitters who try to search for a match within 10 minutes have to go through a trail course. Shoot 5 headshots, clamber 20 times, crouch jump over object X 10 times. Ground pound X object 20 times. Throw gernade through this hole 50 times.

HA! That'll TEACH EM.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I actually like the idea of a surrender vote being available in the menu

Surrender votes should be in both BTB and Warzone. Also, maybe a surrender vote could trigger if people leave in any multiplayer game? That way the other team has the option of leaving early without penalty (and the other team still gets their win). The surrender option should still trigger a loss though.

Caja 117

I actually like the idea of a surrender vote being available in the menu

But what are the consequences for the people that are booted from the mercy rule? the problem with Rank playlist with options like that is that they can AND will be exploited: If a 4 man team see themselves that are in a loosing situation, they will just make someone quit and put the game in a situation were the mercy rule is in effect thus their rank isnt affected by a lost, for example, my friends that are Onyx inviting me to play because Im good enough to make them win games, but not good enough to help them win all the games, they will just use me to quit first on undesired situations so their levels are not affected by a game lost.

I've always felt the best way to do un-even teams is the following:

Team A - 5 Players
Team B - 5 Players

Game starts, Team A eventually losses 1 player.
The first player from that point on that dies on Team B goes into queue.
The game is now matched to 4v4.
The next player to die on Team B, goes into queue, the first person that was in queue comes right back into the fight.
Rinse Repeat.

All the while you can start the JiP robot to do it's work or even give Team A's player time to rejoin, especially if they had a system freeze or game crash.

Titanfall always has uneven teams and it really sucks :(

Oh HELL no. I'm not about to take a timeout from being active in a game because someone ragequit/timed out.

Christof

Neo Member
I agree with the surrender vote (after finally having experienced a MOBA through SMITE).

I personally don't see why they don't take what MOBA's are doing now for their competive play and apply it here.

Surrender Vote Option.

If you quit you can only rejoin that same game until it finishes (works great for people who unintentially dropped).

Are there reasons why this wouldn't work well in a FPS?

Caja 117

I agree with the surrender vote (after finally having experienced a MOBA through SMITE).

I personally don't see why they don't take what MOBA's are doing now for their competive play and apply it here.

Surrender Vote Option.

If you quit you can only rejoin that same game until it finishes (works great for people who unintentially dropped).

Are there reasons why this wouldn't work well in a FPS?

See my previous post as a potential problem for Ranked games.

Trup1aya

Options are always cool, but are they practical?

What if the the paramater split the community that chose JIP and those who don't give a shit and didnt.

"AW MAN I CANT FIND A GAME CAUSE NOONE WANTS TO JIP WITH ME"
"WELL DONT JIP ANYMORE"
"JIP IS 4LYFE, I CANT GO BACK"

What if i told you, giving the option to the people would only divide them.

*insert Morpheous meme here*

Just kidding guys. They'll give us an update to have it as an option but that option to JIP will only be available in Social BTB as it being in ranked won't be fair.

:p

EDIT:

Quitters who try to search for a match within 10 minutes have to go through a trail course. Shoot 5 headshots, clamber 20 times, crouch jump over object X 10 times. Ground pound X object 20 times. Throw gernade through this hole 50 times.

HA! That'll TEACH EM.

Why would the parameter split the community?... People who opt-in would be subject to new matches AND in progress matches.

People who don't opt-in would be guaruntees a new match.

They'd all be in the same hopper. But JiPers would cast a wider net.

Christof

Neo Member
See my previous post as a potential problem for Ranked games.

I assumed the team that votes to forfeit would take a loss.

This option just lets them do so in a quicker way then sitting around being dominated by a larger team.

They could lock-out this feature until only after so much game time has passed, you are down by a certain amount, or if your team has had people quit

I suppose that one hypothetical critic of this would be someone who likes to play to the bitter-end.

Caja 117

a surrender would still count as a loss and would still affect your rank.

I assumed the team that votes to forfeit would take a loss.

This option just lets them do so in a quicker way then sitting around being dominated by a larger team.

They could lock-out this feature until only after so much game time has passed, you are down by a certain amount, or if your team has had people quit

I suppose this someone who likes to play to the bitter end might not like it if their games usually end in a concession.

So in this case surrender voting and quitting will have the same effect Rank wise?

Confirmed:

The x1 button on the chatpad takes an instant screenshot without interrupting the gameplay. The x2 button takes a game clip, also without interrupting the gameplay.

This is a brilliant feature.

Ferny

Surrender works in MOBAs because they regularly go 40-60 minutes+

A Halo match lasts 10 mins or even less than that. It's not the same time invested into a single match. Quitters suck, but its 8 minutes until the game is over and you can win a match 3v4 in halo. I've done it with both randoms and when duo queuing. It's not optimal nor very fun, but totally possible.

Tawpgun

Confirmed:

The x1 button on the chatpad takes an instant screenshot without interrupting the gameplay. The x2 button takes a game clip, also without interrupting the gameplay.

chat pad?

Also, I got fkn screwed on a gold req pack. Bought one, and all I got was ONE green armor set, and the rest just assortment of power weapons.

I thought golds guaranteed 2 permanant unlocks.

fkn game.

Surrender works in MOBAs because they regularly go 40-60 minutes+

A Halo match lasts 10 mins or even less than that. It's not the same time invested into a single match. Quitters suck, but its 8 minutes until the game is over and you can win a match 3v4 in halo. I've done it with both randoms and when duo queuing. It's not optimal nor very fun, but totally possible.
That's why for a 4v4 game type you make it an unanimous vote and in 8v8 it has to be a super majority (5 of 7, 6 of 8, etc). Not everyone is going to surrender just because a person quits and you shouldn't just automatically give up if that happens, but if defeat is guaranteed (down by 15 or 20 and its 2v4) people can accept the inevitable and move on.

Honesty though a surrender feature is not what Halo needs most. What Halo needs is the quit system Counter Strike and Leage of Legends have which forced the quitter to either wait for the match he or she left to end before searching or to rejoin the match if they do search. Granted LoL and CS have much longer matches than Halo so this makes more sense in those games than it would in Halo, but this would still be a nice feature to have and at the very least it would discourage quitting beyond just the risk of losing rank or getting a ban.

chat pad?

Also, I got fkn screwed on a gold req pack. Bought one, and all I got was ONE green armor set, and the rest just assortment of power weapons.

I thought golds guaranteed 2 permanant unlocks.

fkn game.

The new and official Xbox One chatpad released today. 👍

Excellent! I'm about to order one.

I really like thus far. Sending messages is obviously a breeze, but the quick commands and built in volume controls really hit it home.

BraXzy

Confirmed:

That's pretty nifty, I'm still managing with saying it through Kinect, I usually forget to double press X button and press Y, or it messes up. So I'm tempted with that, we'll see.

BraXzy

My guy is looking so badass, loving it.

Screenshot-Original.png

NOKYARD

Big up to Nokyard for building Deadlock. Can't wait to try it out.
Nokyard's Standoff bases are fucking brilliant.
I did not like Standoff in Halo 3, but I am loving Deadlock in Halo 5.
Really enjoying the new Standoff, definitely the kind of maps Halo 5 was missing up until now.
Deadlock is a really nice remake for sure

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will work on fixing the spawning and other issues when Forge releases. Might even move it to the Overcast version of Alpine to fix the glare issue.

I'm hoping that 343 didn't make Burial Mounds with Forge for BTB like they planned so that they can remake it it internally from the ground up. The fact that Burial Mounds and Collosus have never been remade while Gulch, Valhalla and countless others get beaten into the ground with every Halo iteration is a travesty.
One of the upcoming Cartographer BTB maps was intended to be a Burial Mounds remake but it ended up nothing like the original.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Confirmed:

Tempting. How heavy is it?
Also, do the keys light up at all?

These dynamic spawns are terrible, especially on standoff.

The spawns are really ruining it for me. I'm not able to get a feel for how the maps play because players are constantly spawning all over the place.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will work on fixing the spawning and other issues when Forge releases. Might even move it to the Overcast version of Alpine to fix the glare issue.

Please do. The glare makes it impossible to see red team. Would you be rebuilding it then or is there really an option to change the canvas of a map? Thought that was debunked.

Caja 117

Yes, but if you surrender you don't get hurt by a quit ban

No, surrender voting would be the same as losing.

Separate from this quitting would be punished by forcing rejoining that game until it has ended

Meaning that is my team is loosing they just have me quit first, and the others instead of quitting the game they can just use this feature so they don't get banned for quitting, in extreme cases have a bad player quit in a moment in the game to give less kill to the other team and if the team is close of the W, have the other player rejoin so this player get the benefit of the W without participating.

I understand what you are guys are suggesting, but maybe I see that the quitting problem is not that big to go on to develop and algorithm and UI change for something that can be exploited by players.

I dont even think having a person rejoin the same game after quitting is good either, this is strictly speaking about ranked playlist.

That's why for a 4v4 game type you make it an unanimous vote and in 8v8 it has to be a super majority (5 of 7, 6 of 8, etc). Not everyone is going to surrender just because a person quits and you shouldn't just automatically give up if that happens, but if defeat is guaranteed (down by 15 or 20 and its 2v4) people can accept the inevitable and move on.

Honesty though a surrender feature is not what Halo needs most. What Halo needs is the quit system Counter Strike and Leage of Legends have which forced the quitter to either wait for the match he or she left to end before searching or to rejoin the match if they do search. Granted LoL and CS have much longer matches than Halo so this makes more sense in those games than it would in Halo, but this would still be a nice feature to have and at the very least it would discourage quitting beyond just the risk of losing rank or getting a ban.

The problem with that is that sometimes one player quitting the team is beneficial for the team he is quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom