• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they actually do that? I was playing a game where we went down to 4 players and we never got anyone to join. Lame
Yeah, unfortunately. But the outcry against JiP was large enough for 343 to disable it for now. I like JiP, but I also like that they are so quick to make adjustments based on fan feedback.

Is he Incineration Cannon the worst power weapon ever? Even a direct shot to the body won't kill someone, and the blast radius is horrible. Thing was nerfed to hell since Halo 4.

BraXzy

Forge is going to continue to get updates and it will evolve way after release. So it isn't just going to be a right it's done, here ya go. They will keep adding stuff, and tweaking whatever based on feedback. It's great to hear all this stuff will continue to change and get updates in the future.

I've had close matches tonight, a few left in one BTB game but the rest were rather equal until the very end, could just be luck.

Is he Incineration Cannon the worst power weapon ever? Even a direct shot to the body won't kill someone, and the blast radius is horrible. Thing was nerfed to hell since Halo 4.

I don't understand why they changed it's projectile, the first time I grabbed it in BTB I was like yeah big splash damage this will be useful, shot it twice (one shot was charged) at the feet of two enemies running at me, did fuck all and I died.

I don't get it.

I also don't understand why light weapons are now all needlers.

Madness

Charge it up, a full charge has almost the exact same damage and a similar radius of the Halo 4 version. Otherwise, it's a great change. Halo 4, you could just pick up and fire off a shot that would destroy anything within 5 meters of the blast. Now you at least have to charge it to full to get a similar effect. It's definitely been nerfed for the better though.

You can charge the thing? Lol I really need to change my Hair-trigger settings lol. First I didn't know you could charge the Plasma Caster, and now the Incineration Cannon, lol.

You can charge the thing? Lol I really need to change my Hair-trigger settings lol. First I didn't know you could charge the Plasma Caster, and now the Incineration Cannon, lol.

I think the default short trigger settings on the pro controller are outside charge levels for all weapons in halo 5.

So many people don't realise this, it's amazing haha.

Still no where near as good as regular rockets though imo.

it would be nice if a charged shot left the scatter grenade particles or something to make the weapon more then just fuel rod 2.0

YEAH!!!!

Community playlists?!

EDIT: Future live steams will be before the content drops. Sounds like it will be monthly and not a weekly live stream.

EDIT@: OMG I missed that last tease at the end of the stream. on a moon or something. AH SHIEIEITASFD

BraXzy

Super excited for Forge, can't wait for it to come out. Seems like they've put in a hell of a lot of effort to make a really great toolset.

BraXzy

Mark V and the SPNKR are coming in December.

How about a summary of the main live stream points this far....

I'd be forever grateful

They mainly just covered everything about the Battle of Shadow and Light, had a game of Warzone and a game of BTB with some of the devs and discussed some stuff.

Main take aways, everything is going to continue to be iterated upon and changed based on community feedback. Whether it's new forge features, gamemode tweaks etc. They're committed to keeping things up to scratch.

Bravo brought up stuff like Community Playlists and the Warzone Assault exploit have been heard by them and we should see stuff soon on that.

NOKYARD is a by the numbers guy in Forge and likes to fine tune his maps using the decimals when needed, and makes great BTB maps too.

The passenger of a Gungoose has infinite grenades to throw, which is insane.

When they went to load up Warzone, someone snagged a screengrab of some interesting stuff, Urban sounds like the map we've seen in the past.

QdAfUVP.png

They did a super sneaky tease for December. Cool looking purplish map, classic launcher and some new weapon skins.

A lot of it was basically covering stuff we know, not much new since it's all focused on the recent content drop. But they did mention they would possible do these things prior to the contents release to tease some stuff rather than do a rehash of what has been said in the lead up to it. Since the content drops will be monthly.

Glass

Yeah that was a good live stream, nice to hear about updates so quickly. Could have perhaps done without so many matches played live, I much prefer just watching the videos they'd produced showing off maps and skins. For the December stream it'd be great if they have something like a forge canvas being made into a map over a timelapse.

JoeDanny

Mk V helmet!

too much like the Halo 4 version though. :( The bottom part looks kind of bad.

That is Mark IV actually, the helmet from Halo Wars. Mark V should still be on the way. Hopefully they make it look like the Halo 3 variant instead of the Halo CEA variant, always like that iteration more.

Helmet study:
Dj0xF.jpg

Reach Mark V was meh. Again I really hope they go with Halo 3 style!

Trup1aya

They mainly just covered everything about the Battle of Shadow and Light, had a game of Warzone and a game of BTB with some of the devs and discussed some stuff.

Main take aways, everything is going to continue to be iterated upon and changed based on community feedback. Whether it's new forge features, gamemode tweaks etc. They're committed to keeping things up to scratch.

Bravo brought up stuff like Community Playlists and the Warzone Assault exploit have been heard by them and we should see stuff soon on that.

NOKYARD is a by the numbers guy in Forge and likes to fine tune his maps using the decimals when needed, and makes great BTB maps too.

When they went to load up Warzone, someone snagged a screengrab of some interesting stuff, Urban sounds like the map we've seen in the past.

They did a super sneaky tease for December. Cool looking purplish map, classic launcher and some new weapon skins.

A lot of it was basically covering stuff we know, not much new since it's all focused on the recent content drop. But they did mention they would possible do these things prior to the contents release to tease some stuff rather than do a rehash of what has been said in the lead up to it. Since the content drops will be monthly.

Thanks, was hoping to hear thar some old beloved game modes were coming soonish

Madness

Anyway to get REQ stuff in Arena? I'm taking legendary weapons and vehicles? We had Prophets Bane in Arena in beta? I just need to know if we can have soemthing like tundra vehicles on a snow map, have the SPNKr instead of their green tube etc. Or imagine recreating CE maps in Forge and giving everyone the legendary CE pistol as starting weapon etc.

Obscured

Feel like maybe I was encountering a little bit of lag today.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mouroutaru/video/12839025

Of course I was almost immediately shoulder charged after this moment because I was too occupied looking at it.

WHAT! I need to find a gungoose driver. Too bad they never seem to stop to let somebody on.

Also from that Warzone screenshoot, what is WARZONE FAST KRAKEN?

pieface

Join in play is gone? Aaaah, I've had so many uneven games today and was wondering why people weren't joining. Nice one to those that were moaning about it. Good work.

Finally managed to find some time to play the rest of my BTB placement matches. This game man, this game. We were down a player from the start and the other team dominated until the start of the video when my entire team somehow decided to go HAM. Was a US server hence why a lot of it looks weird in theatre unfortunately...

Edit: I like all the BTB maps except Recurve as well, they play better than a lot of non-Forge maps. If they removed the Scorpion from Recurve I would probably like all of them... Spawns in Deadlock are fucked for Slayer though, it seems like if a team controls both bases the other team ends up spawning in the middle with the expected result... Should probably try to force the teams to spawn on a set half of the map even if there are enemies nearby. Or alternatively just remove Slayer on Deadlock from rotation, it's an incredible CTF map but feels a bit too small for BTB slayer anyway.

BraXzy

Did they say what Warzone fast Kraken was? Sure some debug thing, right?

I have a feeling that wasn't meant to be seen. It could either be a future mode or a future map, they didn't mention anything about it. The whole thing was obviously very focused on this months content drop.

Glass

What is up with scout warthogs, I've never been able to climb into the back of one, but isn't that the point of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom