• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Jessica Jones got me all hyped to roll as osiris again. Pure luke cage spartan power lol

Big team battle plays so well and my head shots be popping since the update

I have a feeling Breakout will be removed from the Team Arena playlist sooner rather than later. I love me some Breakout but it conflicts with the rest of the playlist that use standard shields and loadouts and is a little jarring.

343i has an issue with admitting their mistakes though, like leaving the Mantis in playlists in Halo 4, because it was their creation they wouldn't take it out, even when it killed all game flow.

I have a feeling Breakout will be removed from the Team Arena playlist sooner rather than later. I love me some Breakout but it conflicts with the rest of the playlist that use standard shields and loadouts and is a little jarring.

From what I have seen on Twitch, the pros are liking Breakout. I bet it stays.

halo1-1.jpg
halo1-2.jpg
halo1-3.jpg

Get 'em now at your local WallMart

That aint now Mountain Dew or Doritos!?

Goddammit. Why can't we get a partnership with something remotely healthy for once? I mean hell, I'd take, like, Arizona Teas or something (even though those aren't healthy, mind).

BraXzy

It's cool that they're adding the classic Halo CE/Halo Wars armor but I find it difficult to get excited about new armor sets, especially Mark IV since it will probably be a Legendary or a Legendary Mythic set which means most of us will never have it.

The Req system is fine for most armour, there's so many there isn't enough challenges to unlock them all. But I entirely agree that some of the more shiny, awesome armour should be kept out of the Req packs as vidmaster-esque things.

It was so cool in Halo 3 seeing someone with Recon or flaming helmet. There's nothing like that in this game. Instead it's just oh you grinded/got lucky with Req packs.

Not sure if it'll be taken out. I agree that it ideally should be since it has a dedicated playlist but Team Arena seems to be the tournament gametype. Pro's like Breakout and it is going to be in the HCS. So having an all in one Tournament playlist for pro's makes sense I guess?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Goddammit. Why can't we get a partnership with something remotely healthy for once? I mean hell, I'd take, like, Arizona Teas or something (even though those aren't healthy, mind).

C'maaaan, maaaan. These say "hearty deliciousness" on the box. That's all a gamer needs in order to be satisfied, health's for the weak.

(I completely agree with you; I hate this trend.)

Haines

Banned
I'm getting sooo tired if playing with bad players. I'm not even good so that's saying something. Idk how this mm works but plz bump me up soon

Glass

Can we please have all black under suits as default. Looking through the armour selection screen, the most noticeable difference between them all is what paint job highlight the set has, not what the actual armour looks like. The differences aren't noticeable enough. Blue armour on blue under armour and red on red under armour makes it way harder to see.

darthbob

I would buy so many Arizonas if they came with a Silver pack, but seeing as how those cost $1.99 and Arizonas are 99¢ I don't see it happening.

Madness

Considering the UNSC names everything after an animal you'd think something like a donation to the World Wildlife Fund, earns you a free gold REQ pack would be a much better partnership. That way you unlock warthogs and mongoose while helping protect pelicans and whatever. But nope, gotta give the people, MORE HOT POCKETS so they can poopsock Warzone.

I would buy so many Arizonas if they came with a Silver pack, but seeing as how those cost $1.99 and Arizonas are 99¢ I don't see it happening.

Make a special Commercial REQ Pack with rarity / perma-levels somewhere between Bronze and Gold. You can buy them with select $0.99 items in stores or with 2500 REQ Points after the promotional period ends.

Come on, the marketing writes itself! Locke and Loadout with specially-marked cans of Arizona Tea!

mreQSzS.jpg

E92 M3

I can't believe they removed JIP on impulse due to complaining. Now, when 2 people leave it becomes a massacre. Secondly, Quin confirmed that the pro team had a heavy hand in development input on MP and the maps. I find the maps to be some of the worst in the Halo franchise. Truly hope the next batch of maps are more aesthetically and functionally better.

Wait a second guys is this the Mark IV armour or the Mark V armour? because if this is the Mark V you can say "Inb4 Atomic spends $500 on the REQ system" hahaha
7OLwqNm.png
Qa10WQU.png

Madness

I can't believe they removed JIP on impulse due to complaining. Now, when 2 people leave it becomes a massacre. Secondly, Quin confirmed that the pro team had a heavy hand in development input on MP and the maps. I find the maps to be some of the worst in the Halo franchise. Truly hope the next batch of maps are more aesthetically and functionally better.

Join in progress fucking sucks. I'm sorry that shitheads quit on you but I don't want to be put onto your often losing team. I'd rather wait longer, especially when the playlist is ranked. All this tells me is what they're doing to deter quitters hasn't worked at all. You can't blame them when they're pretty much the only game right now that penalizes quitting. Start to hit them in the xbl rep, req points and maybe this bad behavior can start to change. Besides, big team battle is often the one gametype where losing a player or two is still an enjoyable match if it's 5v7, 6v8. Going 2v4 on a small map is crazier.

Madness

Wait a second guys is this the Mark IV armour or the Mark V armour? because if this is the Mark V you can say "Inb4 Atomic spends $500 on the REQ system" hahaha
7OLwqNm.png
Qa10WQU.png

Doesn't matter, looks like I'm going to have to go full Speedy and get this myself. Frankie and the team going to eat real good for Christmas as well it seems.

E92 M3

Join in progress fucking sucks. I'm sorry that shitheads quit on you but I don't want to be put onto your often losing team. I'd rather wait longer, especially when the playlist is ranked. All this tells me is what they're doing to deter quitters hasn't worked at all. You can't blame them when they're pretty much the only game right now that penalizes quitting. Start to hit them in the xbl rep, req points and maybe this bad behavior can start to change. Besides, big team battle is often the one gametype where losing a player or two is still an enjoyable match if it's 5v7, 6v8. Going 2v4 on a small map is crazier.

I think JIP is the lesser of two evils; quitting creates a cascade within the team. If the stats don't count for the JIP game - then all is good.

Strider

I'm disappointed with the removal of JiP for BTB too. Should've done away with ranks for that playlist instead imo :/

There is nothing enjoyable about BTB matches ending with just a few players left. I'm willing to join matches late if it means a full 16 players or close to that number in all my matches.

Welfare

I think JIP is the lesser of two evils; quitting creates a cascade within the team. If the stats don't count for the JIP game - then all is good.

JiP can stay for all I care as long as I can choose to not JiP a game myself.

I couldn't care less if the enemy or my team picks up a rando from JiP, but good god I don't want to be that rando that joins a losing game and basically gives up hope of turning the game around as soon as I join.

Madness

They could've just made BTB social, no ranks, keep JiP but let us choose in settings that we should be allowed to wait even several minutes if it means a fair starts match.

Keep in mind, join in progress doesn't mean your team will get new players. Sometimes you're down players for 2-3 minutes before another player can join. And JiP often cascades as well. If the playlist has JiP and no ranks, people are more likely to quit the match as well. It's why quitting is so rampant.

BraXzy

Heads up folks, the theme for Decembers Loot Crate is Halo 5 as well as Star Wars and some other goodies. Gonna take the risk and see what goodies turn up at my door :D

link1201

Whaaaaaaaaaaa? The passenger of a Gungoose has infinite grenades? I didn't know that :O
My thoughts exactly.

I really enjoyed the stream. I am glad they will do more. I am really glad they removed JiP. It's a bandaid that doesn't quite work.

Anyone getting super slow games online? Last two days ive been lagging like crazy. I did the internet test and it said it was fine.

My last 3 gold req packs were also awful. Where are my banshees and tanks and stuff

I thought I had a Romeo and Juliet situation going on with an enemy player. He was on blue team driving a warthog and I was red team in the gunner seat. He drove me around for a good 4 minutes and I thought we had a gentleman's agreement. Eventually the warthog flipped and he killed me.

I genuinely think he had no idea I wasn't on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom