• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

I have no illusion of being pro or a dominant player, but when events occur that are just wrong I get a little enraged.

Leyasu

Banned
Seriously, taking out join in progress was stupid for BTB.
So much this! Fucking whiners. I don't know if I can go back to it now. Come on 343 give us the option please.

Also, is it not time to start implementing cosmetic only reqs?

Common 5000 points
Uncommon 15000 points or $€2
Rare 25000 points or $€3
Ultra rare 35000 points or $€4
Legendary 50000 points or $€5

Maybe the prices are too low? Too high? I don't know. But people will pay. Same for weapon skin packs. I didn't care about the mkIV or V not sure which it is until I just saw that video, now I want it. But I also want deadeye.

There is money to be made everywhere in this game 343.

For the love of god, why is the sun so bright on the forge maps?

It does not look good, it does not look cool. It is annoying.

It's absolutely horrible on the Standoff remake. It is so. Fucking. Bright.

Madness

That modern day lens flare. Just spin in a 360 circle and you'll think you're in a Michael Bay film. This shit just got real...

tumblr_n286mdJ0uF1qg3tlqo1_500.gif

Hey so I haven't posted in this thread at all, but I've been enjoying my time with Halo 5 so far though I just had a pretty bad problem happen and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm hoping someone with some experience or knowledge can help me out if they see this, otherwise I'm going to have to call Microsoft or somebody over this because I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Some information. I was trying to stream me playing some BTB through the Xbox One's dedicated twitch application and it went pretty well at first, then I had some people join my stream and something broke somewhere and my twitch application AND Halo 5 connection just completely crapped out. After that I couldn't connect to either my twitch app OR Halo 5's multiplayer servers. Twitch was essentially stuck in a loop and Halo 5 can't even recognize my profile as it says I'm a level 1. I literally cannot connect to any online functions of Halo 5 now. My internet is working fine in general and even the console's internet connection tests say that nothing is noticeably wrong, but here I am.

I've restarted the console a few times, deleted the twitch application and still nothing. I still can't get any connection to the H5 game servers even though nothing seems wrong on my end. Something broke somewhere and I have no clue as to how to fix it. Halp plz!!!
Do a hard reboot - hold down power for at least 5 seconds

malfcn

Swat exposes some spawns I had appeared with a bullet in my brain a few times last match. Dead arrival.

Pegasus is awful for Swat. I died instantly countless times.

Herbs

Banned
Man that Warzone Assault exploit lol. It's actually not too bad as it's easy enough to take care of a few of them if they are attempting it. But what a crock of shit

Akai__

Cut out all the unneccessary information and made a quick gif of the tease:

Are the Pistol and DMR new variants or skins? It kinda looks like the CE pistol to me and I know they already teased it in one of the Sprint episodes.

Leyasu

Banned
Well BTB has now been completely ruined. Nice one whoever bitched about JiP. Well BTB was fun for about 3 days.
You don't understand.. Their rank and number in cyberspace is affected by jip. It must be removed and it doesn't matter if the mode is ruined because...

So much this! Fucking whiners. I don't know if I can go back to it now. Come on 343 give us the option please.

Also, is it not time to start implementing cosmetic only reqs?

Common 5000 points
Uncommon 15000 points or $€2
Rare 25000 points or $€3
Ultra rare 35000 points or $€4
Legendary 50000 points or $€5

Maybe the prices are too low? Too high? I don't know. But people will pay. Same for weapon skin packs. I didn't care about the mkIV or V not sure which it is until I just saw that video, now I want it. But I also want deadeye.

There is money to be made everywhere in this game 343.

Better option would be to allow people to buy specific cards with REQ points IMO. Would have to be expensive of course, but it would give you the option to save up for that Legendary helmet/armor you want more than anything else instead of having to rely on RNG and possibly never getting it.

Trup1aya

You don't understand.. Their rank and number in cyberspace is affected by jip. It must be removed and it doesn't matter if the mode is ruined because...

I don't think you understand. It's not just about the ranks. But the displeasure of being forced into in progress matches.

If it was optional no one would complain.

The problem isn't the lack of JiP. The quitters are the problem.forcing people to JiP isn't a good solution to that problem.

singhr1

Cut out all the unneccessary information and made a quick gif of the tease:

Are the Pistol and DMR new variants or skins? It kinda looks like the CE pistol to me and I know they already teased it in one of the Sprint episodes.

Seems to be just new skins, CE pistol is a low polygon model.

Fuchsdh

I noticed they were showing off the new weapon skins, didn't even notice the helmet first watch lmao.

They haven't specifically mentioned it, but it does feel like they've tweaked drop rates on them.

I dunno if they changed anything, I think it was mostly that you were basically guaranteed to get Mongoose and Needler certs first and so for a while until you had more to pick from for common cards, that's all you'd be getting. Now we're further into the progression so it's far less likely.

I hope infection returns in some form, the zombie models were so good in halo 4 it's a waste not to use them in 5 somewhere.

Nah. H2A Infection forms were much truer to the Flood, not to mention creepier.

Ah, when the flashlight was actually useful.

Is there any place to discuss MCC? I managed to get some playtime online, and I was pleasantly surprised that the game was working. I finally got an X1 with MCC and I'll get Halo 5 soonish.

We've got a thread here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950368

I hope the space canvas has dark rocks like Impact in Halo 4. They were perfect.

29919f351a4c834a32db6dc09a85a192.jpg

I think judging by the BTB maps you can change the tint of the rocks... on the Longbow reimagining you have ones colored clay and ones colored like snow.

Leyasu

Banned
I don't think you understand. It's not just about the ranks. But the displeasure of being forced into in progress matches.

The problem isn't the lack of JiP. The quitters are the problem.forcing people to JiP isn't a good solution to that problem.
Is it a different game when you jip?

So is it just me, or did the rarity of reqs in silver get severely impacted in the last three or four days? I was getting decent cards previously, mainly of cards I had the certs for, but last night I got my two permanent reqs with nothing beyond common weapon cards. If they're screwing with the RNG for decent cards within silver packs then I guess I will have to be saving the extra 5000RP for golds :(

Also, I'm personally glad that they did away with jip for BTB. Quitters need to be thrown out of MM for longer and have worse consequences than what we have seen so far, maybe not immediately, but for habitual quitters the punishment should be equal to the pain their team feels in their absence.

Fuchsdh

Ugh I hate that the Mark IV armor has me thinking about getting some gold packs.

Nah you won't get me 343.

Probably only really worth it if you're confident you've gone through enough progression to have a good shot at getting the rare or legendary stuff you want.

Burial Mounds? Cool. I assume that would be an additional BTB map because the teaser showed a Wraith and Burial Mounds isn't exactly small.

Maybe I spoke too soon about the Mark IV being super rare. Noble is the only armor that references another Halo game and it's only a Rare - hopefully that will be the trend.

BraXzy

So is it just me, or did the rarity of reqs in silver get severely impacted in the last three or four days? I was getting decent cards previously, mainly of cards I had the certs for, but last night I got my two permanent reqs with nothing beyond common weapon cards. If they're screwing with the RNG for decent cards within silver packs then I guess I will have to be saving the extra 5000RP for golds :(

The more certs you unlock, the bigger the pool of possible loot that will drop. You probably had a higher percentage of rare certs early on and now there's tonnes of possible commons to drop too.

What's the significance of armour with the 3 stars on the card?

They're Mythic. Extra cool/rare.

I don't know where that feature landed. My assumption is that you can save things like complete bases in your (unconfirmed) File Shares. If so, you could potentially move a map from one canvas to another.

It's NOKYARD!!!!!!. You missed one "!".

It was kind of funny that while i was there one dev said i was a numbers guy, two of the other CCs said i was a Magnets guy, and one dev said i was a 'hand placement' guy. They are all correct.

It is. (see below)

The space map Parallax has black asteroid terrain and rock pieces. They look great when intermixed with the snow pieces from Glacier.

Magnets are amazing for speed forging structure. i haven't used coordinates in a while aside from finding the absolute center of the map. then of course you free rotate things like terrain, and then if your map is symmetric you just invert the coordinate values mathematically to flip them.

It's funny to admit but I'm slightly bothered that Forge is becoming even easier to use now when I'd gotten so good at building impossible shit with it. Back in my day, we had to freehand everything to rotate off the coordinate grid! Can only imagine how the Halo 3 geomergers felt.

Leyasu

Banned
Dat jip removal. Just beasted a team that was down to 4 players before we had even gotten 40 kills.

What a game changer 343.

Fuchsdh

Dat jip removal. Just beasted a team that was down to 4 players before we had even gotten 40 kills.

What a game changer 343.

I had one game we were down three. I dunno why teams don't form up and turtle at that point. Especially on the Longbow reimagining you can pretty well camp that side structure in the middle so their vehicular advantage would be annulled.

Trup1aya

Yes. It's usually a midmatch lopsided affair instead of starting 0-0.

I've got limited time to play. I Don't want it wasted on matches I have no control over. One day I spent more time in menus and loading screens than I did matches, thanks to constantly jiping.

It sure as hell is, when you join in progress there's no opportunity to beat the other team to initial power weapons. You also lose out on being able to get a feel for the game and adapt accordingly, as by time you do so in JIP that game nears its conclusion. People shouldn't be punished for a game they weren't even a part of because someone quits out. From the other perspective of being a player in a game where teammates quit, it's better for the game to end quickly so I can move on to the next, when a cascade of players quit it's usually because you were going to lose anyway. Alternatively, even with JIP the other team has a chance to get a foothold on the match in the time frame before you get a new teammate, so it rarely helps anyway. It's not a real solution to quitting, it's a false sense of security to existing players. All that being said, I actually think BTB should keep JIP but should be social. 1 player can play extremely well and still lose a game as he makes up a smaller percent of the team, it's harder to influence so ranks don't reflect skill anyway. But let's not act like JIP is a non-issue. It's garbage.

Vico

Lol, sometimes people make me mad.
2-2 on Basin CTF. Manage to take the enemy flag and bring it back close to our base, one minute before the end of the match. A teammate pick it up, and... He actually starts walking back to the enemy base, with the flag, instead of capturing it in our base. Why? Seriously, why?

Haines

Banned

I agree with you very much so.

They need to address quitters in ranked play.
I assume once the community shakes the dirt off it will get better.

Quitters are bad in all modes.

Leyasu

Banned
I had one game we were down three. I dunno why teams don't form up and turtle at that point. Especially on the Longbow reimagining you can pretty well camp that side structure in the middle so their vehicular advantage would be annulled.

Agreed. Headsets help immensely.

@ truplayer I see where you are coming from. But would you not want some support when you drop to 5 or 6 players?

Both JIP and no JIP is a double edged sword with flaws on both sides, it's hard to get a balance especially for a ranked playlist, which is what BTB seems to be.

I don't mind it being ranked personally as all arena modes having a rank is nice but it can ruin things when not set up well.

arimanius

Quitters have destroyed BTB for me. Since they removed JiP they need to aggressively start banning quitters to make it less appealing. The worse for me are stronghold matches. Seems like half the team quits as soon as we start losing.

Btw what's up with people not playing the objectives in BTB? They just want to run around and death match. Never really have this issue in team arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom