• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
when btb came out it had jip but everyone complained so 343 took it out by fan request and now everyone is complaining that its gone. how can you win lol

Strider

JiP where it negatively affects your ranking is fucking dumb. Do it like CoD or don't do it at all. Can't believe people are even arguing this.

Well most of us that want JiP also want ranks removed from the playlist.

Because Yes ranked with JiP is dumb... But ranks for btb are silly anyway.

One match earlier had 4 people quit so we were stomped but honestly I prefer these non JIP matches, but that could all change tomorrow when I get rekt 10 times in a row and I bitch about it.

Yeah, it's pretty hard without a team. When it's 4v4 you can easily have a huge impact on the game. 8v8 there are just too many factors to take into consideration and you can't carry like you do in the smaller game modes. I'll stay Plat 1 in BTB, don't really care, it's BTB after all.

yes i'm happy with it right now, not too hard but not easy either.

Eoin

Shout out to squiretuck for the awesome afternoon of BTB mayhem.. Damn that was good. Apart from one US server, the euro server run continues as well.

Need some more eu/uk adult gaffers who don't give a fuck and just wanna cut loose in the best BTB of the series. Yeah I know that for the moment it is missing sinle bomb flag etc. But halo 5 BTB is something else.

Oh yeah 343, please make jip optional. Although not many quitters the last hour or so. Love it.
Was great fun man, especially that last CTF game. Mayhem in the best possible way.

I have not played the BTB maps yet, but my friend did and he said the maps are ugly as sin. And that would be a damn shame, cause i loved their maps in BTB in Halo 4. They really should give us proper maps, i am getting tired of these Forge maps. You notice it instantly in Halo 5 when a Forge map comes up. Personally i am really missing some of the beautiful maps from Halo 4, several of those looked so good.

But i wouldn;t be surprised if the upcoming maps are going to be Forge maps, that would make me really sad. I hate to sound ungrateful, but i'd rather pay 343 money for proper maps than only getting Forge maps. For me the MP is disappointing because of the maps and this is IMO where Halo 4 was shining.

BraXzy

If there was a check box where the game would search for games already started as well as new games, then yes I would tick the box no problems. I don't mind coming in yo give support and Hoover up some quick req points.. Lol

I'd be more than happy doing that too. Maybe don't have it count for a loss on record either, so peeps who like their win loss stats don't get screwed joining an unwinnable game. But obviously only for the JiP folk.

I'd happily join an almost finished match to try and even the tide and get Req points for doing so.

Caja 117

when btb came out it had jip but everyone complained so 343 took it out by fan request and now everyone is complaining that its gone. how can you win lol

Thats why I always said 343 must be one of the developers with the hardest job in the industry, the Halo community is so divided into the options they like, when you have so many games that play different and have different options than the other games this is what happens, I don't think there is any other series in console such as Halo when it comes to difference between titles.

Leyasu

Banned
Was great fun man, especially that last CTF game. Mayhem in the best possible way.
Indeed. I'll hit you up if I'm around tonight. If not, I'll be on tomorrow afternoon and evening lol. My gf has lots of papers to correct on Sundays... Such a shame

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I have not played the BTB maps yet, but my friend did and he said the maps are ugly as sin. And that would be a damn shame, cause i loved their maps in BTB in Halo 4. They really should give us proper maps, i am getting tired of these Forge maps. You notice it instantly in Halo 5 when a Forge map comes up. Personally i am really missing some of the beautiful maps from Halo 4, several of those looked so good.

But i wouldn;t be surprised if the upcoming maps are going to be Forge maps, that would make me really sad. I hate to sound ungrateful, but i'd rather pay 343 money for proper maps than only getting Forge maps. For me the MP is disappointing because of the maps and this is IMO where Halo 4 was shining.

they are freakishly ugly.

Leyasu

Banned
I'd be more than happy doing that too. Maybe don't have it count for a loss on record either, so peeps who like their win loss stats don't get screwed joining an unwinnable game. But obviously only for the JiP folk.

I'd happily join an almost finished match to try and even the tide and get Req points for doing so.

Yeah they could address the win/loss issue. Because I think that the ranking needs to stay. Yep I said it, because I have played some seriously tight games which I doubt we would have without ranks.

meh, they all play pretty well. I'm happy that they are putting Forge maps in MP so quickly. That was my favorite part of Reach.

I do hope that they add BTB 343 maps though. In not, it would be nice if Forge had more textures.

Caja 117

Yeah they could address the win/loss issue. Because I think that the ranking needs to stay. Yep I said it, because I have played some seriously tight games which I doubt we would have without ranks.

You are a monster and my 2 year old read that, you should be ashamed of yourself Mr.

they are freakishly ugly.

Yep. My friend even goes as far as calling Halo 4's MP looks looking a shitload better graphically, in terms of lighting...everything. He's now saying it looks like 5 looks like a graphical downgrade from 4 when it comes to MP maps.

meh, they all play pretty well. I'm happy that they are putting Forge maps in MP so quickly. That was my favorite part of Reach.

I've never really liked Forge. I am ok with them adding those, but please let them add proper maps for Slayer and BTB too. Hell, bring us those Halo 4 BTB maps too.

I personally think the forge maps are meant to show case the ability of the new forge, I hope they are making new maps in house.

I feel like the minority here, but I really like the forge maps. Also I wouldn't mind a steady roll out of them to keep things fresh. Obviously legit crafted maps would be fantastic and in sure there coming.

VeeP

I wouldn't say they look ugly as sin. They look alright, nothing amazing or great. Just adequete. However, some of them play VERY well. And it makes me excited, hopefully cartographers can remake old maps more faithfully under 343i, while new maps can be produced by 343i themselves.

Guillotine, Deadlock, and Basin play so well. I'm not a fan of Recurve though.

I personally think the forge maps are meant to show case the ability of the new forge, I hope they are making new maps in house.

Same here man. Cause so far this is a big disappointment when it comes to the maps. Where are those awesome looking ones 343? I don't get it. Forge certainly is not going to do that.

I wouldn't say they look ugly as sin. They look alright, nothing amazing or great. Just adequete. However, some of them play VERY well. And it makes me excited, hopefully cartographers can remake old maps more faithfully under 343i, while new maps can be produced by 343i themselves.

Guillotine, Deadlock, and Basin play so well. I'm not a fan of Recurve though.

That would be the best possible scenario. Hopefully that happens. Let 343 use their talent on proper maps.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm currently banned. Thanks plasma caster.

This sucks. I have never intentionally killed a teammate but I'm banned for griefing.

Got kicked from BTB 2 days ago because teammates ran in front of vehicle.

BraXzy

I have to admit, I may have done some not so great things with that myself. Definitely need practice with it.

I didn't appreciate the weapon at first but after seeing it in the right hands, its a pretty awesome weapon. Guy hiding behind cover? Charge it up and fire it at the wall above him and watch it rain down on them.

Leyasu

Banned
You are a monster and my 2 year old read that, you should be ashamed of yourself Mr.
Lol I even took a shower after writing that as well. I have been asking for social playlists to. But today it clicked as to why ranked is important. Slayers going 100-99, 100-98 would probably not happen in social. The matchmaking needs some balance. I still feel dirty.

@Akai. Man I've been getting EU game ater EU game. It has been beautiful.

Caja 117

I have to admit, I may have done some not so great things with that myself. Definitely need practice with it.

I didn't appreciate the weapon at first but after seeing it in the right hands, its a pretty awesome weapon. Guy hiding behind cover? Charge it up and fire it at the wall above him and watch it rain down on them.

The Nades bounce like tenis balls so sometimes they take a weird bounce to the incorrect place..it happens.

Haines

Banned
Like 3/4 of my team arena games lose 1 player.

Are you guys experiencing this many drops. Is it weekend warriors it what.

This sucks. I have never intentionally killed a teammate but I'm banned for griefing.

Got kicked from BTB 2 days ago because teammates ran in front of vehicle.

Tyler's privileged ass plowed through like six teammates in a Warthog during a Warzone losing streak-addled fit of rage last night and went unpunished.

Just played the most garbage games of my life this morning. 3 games straight of me playing like shit with zero accuracy. 20% shooting with br...... Im usually 40-50.

It is cold in my room and my hands are cold as hell. First time playing like this, guess my hands are not down for cold morning halo sessions.

Its like my hands dont wanna listen to what i tell it to do

Anyone notice the lack of plasma pistols in this game?

Played on the btb map from halo 3 with the satellite dishes and i couldnt find any. We needed them badly to counter all the damn vehicles. Wtf.

16BitNova

Anyone notice the lack of plasma pistols in this game?

Played on the btb map from halo 3 with the satellite dishes and i couldnt find any. We needed them badly to counter all the damn vehicles. Wtf.

There are 2 on each base for a total of 4 on that map. 1 is inside each base when you come out of the side. 1 is on a ledge/balcony type part of each base in the front.

I just got betrayed 5 times in one game... 2 seperate dudes killed me for a splinter turret (the same splinter turret, mind), and the one guy on our time using using a mic never once stopped calling the other players a mixture of (and these are his words, I swear) fucktards, retards, idiots, faggots, dumbasses and losers. He was ultimately kicked for betrayal. The one time I got in a warthog some guy ran up to it and immediately started trying to kill it with a splinter turret.

BTB y'all!

Caja 117

I don't think The Rig or Plaza are large enough for 4v4 or 8 player FFA.

Plaza is ok in 4 v 4. I dont like rig too much and its the only map I get the impression I get killed sometimes from someone spawn camping.

Do we know what are the forgers are up to with map making? I really want to see those classic remakes in Halo 5: Beaver creek, Warlock, Sanctuary, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom