• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Hermes looks better than EVA.

h5-guardians-blue-team-kelly-adf17003659149e8b965d55426d145fc.jpg

Man i just played the first regular Warzone game in months, and i remember why i stopped. What garbage.

Guy in a banchee gets 70 kills... My team gets raped. How does anyone think this is fun?

Fuchsdh

You'd think after they got Achilles groups would stop farming Warzone with their so-cool identical emblems and armor and all, but nope... I don't care if they can't find a game, full teams should never get matched with randoms, under any circumstances.

BlackJet

You know, I would like to see Araki make some Halo art, just to see what that would even look like

All character concept art for Halo 6 should be nothing but ridiculous poses.

I seriously have to see the description for the Menace stance. It's just too much of a coincidence to be called that.

wwm0nkey

All character concept art for Halo 6 should be nothing but ridiculous poses.

I seriously have to see the description for the Menace stance. It's just too much of a coincidence to be called that.

Listen if they got him to do the cover art it might sell a few copies in Japan for that alone lol

I'll just wait for GeSAU to remake the opening for Part 1 in Halo 5 like he did for Osomatsu-san

mo60

Man i just played the first regular Warzone game in months, and i remember why i stopped. What garbage.

Guy in a banchee gets 70 kills... My team gets raped. How does anyone think this is fun?

I mostly stick to WFF or Team Arena because of how awful warzone is now. I don't want to get crushed by teams constantly.

I mostly stick to WFF or Team Arena because of how awful warzone is now. I don't want to get crushed by teams constantly.

The game type has no balance whatsoever, I mean how is this not addressed at this point? Whatever. Last time I touch it

That's a problem I suffer from regularly in most Arena playlists. And until BTB has magnum starts, I'm not really interested in playing more than a few matches of that in a session.

Just played a Warzone Firefight match where no one could call in any Reqs. Is that a known bug. We got stopped at round 3 against a grunt armour. No amount of assault rifle and pistols was going to defeat him in 5 minutes.

psyfi

Banned
I don't know how any of you could ever tolerate Warzone. It's about as bad as Halo gets, maybe a smidge better than Infection and Griffball. I'd rather have proper BTB back.

Edit : and to avoid sounding like an asshole, I want to also mention that your choices are yours to make, and I affirm them, and I'm proud you're my son

Just played a Warzone Firefight match where no one could call in any Reqs. Is that a known bug. We got stopped at round 3 against a grunt armour. No amount of assault rifle and pistols was going to defeat him in 5 minutes.

Don't worry friend, you'll soon be able to experience a whole bunch of new REQs you can't call in.

tumblr_lqe9q5iZjT1qafrh6.jpg

*Remembers REQ system*

tumblr_m73bga9YqJ1qfsxqgo1_500.gif

What anime is that bro?

Edit: NVM I forgot you could look at the source of the images. Digimon.

Anyways, yeah I agree. The REQ system is too grindy for my tastes, but at least I don't care about cosmetics much. *shrug*

If 343 removes radar that might be enough for me to come back.

-Ryn

Banned
What anime is that bro?

Edit: NVM I forgot you could look at the source of the images. Digimon.

Anyways, yeah I agree. The REQ system is too grindy for my tastes, but at least I don't care about cosmetics much. *shrug*

If 343 removes radar that might be enough for me to come back.
lol yeah I would certainly recommend giving the first season a watch if ya haven't (maybe the second if you're really hooked). The movie is a mish mash of episodes that aired in Japan only, so it's a bit of a mess. It is however, a fun ride full of cool fights, the power of friendship, and beautiful animation from the same dude who made Summer Wars.

OT though, I'm in pretty much the same boat. The cosmetics would be more of a pull for me if it wasn't for the REQ system. I'm happy enough with my current armor that I don't really care about grinding into a slot machine. On the other hand...

I heard that the Reach helmets are unlocked outside of the REQ System, meaning by challenges or something of that nature.
tumblr_lm4pdb8PZB1qirqow.gif

...color me very very interested. Thanks Gnome! Just one more reason to rekindle my love with Halo :D

Defect

Social Skirmish hype. From the other thread.

I think you're going to like some of the playlist changes coming with this update, particularly a philosophical separation in "ranked" vs. "social." Social Skirmish is what I'm personally excited about - I admittedly don't personally care too much about rank, I just want to play a wide variety of games/maps and have fun doing it. Social Skirmish should deliver that in spades (not to mention exciting updates to Action Sack). In "year two" you're going to see a shift in how playlists are being managed and a commitment to more ongoing Forge content integration and 'risk' taking outside of the ranked lists.

Don't worry friend, you'll soon be able to experience a whole bunch of new REQs you can't call in.

Lol, it's so true.

I remember pretty much playing warzone exclusively, I end up stopping because I had enough of being farmed.
These days it's so much worse, the teams have damaged that mode to the point where most players have left and will never return... play it now and you come up against teams every time, no thanks.

Marine kills commendation is now out of reach

When are we going to get some gameplay footage of Halo Wars Definitive? Is it a real remaster or a touch up? Im almost tempted to just get HW2 standard since they release so close together.

RoKKeR

Popping in to say damn, how great it is it that they are actually bringing Halo 3's Mark V helmet back? Such a small and ultimately inconsequential thing, but that has been my favorite Halo helmet design since 2007 and it's great to see its return.

Hopefully those legacy armors are a sign of things to come in Halo 6.

What if those cool throwback helmets are unlocked in the style of like achieving things like some of the old Halo 3 armor? At least one for beating Legendary etc

FyreWulff

What if those cool throwback helmets are unlocked in the style of like achieving things like some of the old Halo 3 armor? At least one for beating Legendary etc

- later in 2017
- Halo 3 helmets
- can be earned via completing game stuff
- 10 years since Halo 3 came out

huh

huh

Glass

Love waking up to a huge shiny new content/req sheet.

Time to start the req grind again (I am totally okay with this).

At least in Arena I do okay or well usually.

I've been spoiled by the more responsive aiming in Gears 4, Titanfall, Battlefield, and Infinite Warfare. It's difficult for me to play Halo 5 and do well when aiming feels so laggy.

Yeah, after unlocking all this new stuff I will only have about 1.2 million points left

It's gonna feel good having an incomplete manifest for a few minutes.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
343 doing good, but I can't help but think being more open about what's coming in the future to ease concerns and negativity would go a long way. This info dump a few days before it hits may help garner more mainstream gaming attention, but it makes for low low points inbetween info dumps for the faithful.

Akai__

Don't understand why that Observer Mode is not on PC. Major PC sites have picked up the story about it getting a Custom Game Browser, but the Observer Mode would be huge for Competetive PC Halo.

Hope it's comming and also hope Halo grows on PC much more.

Speaking of other things that should come to PC. Customization and REQ pack opening.

I never expected them to add new scripting capabilities! Things like trigger zones and better timers are long overdue and we're getting even more than that.

We don't deserve the Forge team, they're too good.

FyreWulff

" Another new condition is one that checks when a player or object enters, exits, or remains inside a boundary."

finally, been needing this for a map

Top Bottom