• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Nowise10

The concept on the new "master" gametype where you can create cool things, sounds cool, but then I remember the terrible gametype selection menu in Halo 5 and how it has no order and is just a jumbled list of gametypes. And something still feels off about King of the Hill and Race not actually being official modes, but just works from another gametype. Like saying Oddball is in Halo 5 because you can mess with the Ball gametype to make it count points for holding the ball.

Fuchsdh

Nothing beats the OG Halo 3 EVA though

Yep. Honestly Reach started the trend of worse versions of the original armor (Mk V got that stupid cap, EVA went ultra smooth and weird-looking.)

The only armor I'd say has actually been improved in its later incarnations is GUNGNIR and Scout (ironically under 343's watch.)

automatic doors for all maps!

Yep. I've been putting off my BioShock-themed map forever, but between having a much less hassle-prone way of making the automatic doors, and a true and proper underwater map to set it on, I guess I'm done putting it off.

wwm0nkey

The concept on the new "master" gametype where you can create cool things, sounds cool, but then I remember the terrible gametype selection menu in Halo 5 and how it has no order and is just a jumbled list of gametypes. And something still feels off about King of the Hill and Race not actually being official modes, but just works from another gametype. Like saying Oddball is in Halo 5 because you can mess with the Ball gametype to make it count points for holding the ball.
Ideally you would want one game mode powerful enough to recreate every game mode that's currently in or missing though with some voice clips for the type.

A mega game mode is the dream

Nowise10

Ideally you would want one game mode powerful enough to recreate every game mode that's currently in or missing though with some voice clips for the type.

A mega game mode is the dream

If they can actually make KoTH and Race feel official with proper sounds/announcer I am all for it. I just have a feeling that is to complicated to pull off.

I mean I suppose even if they can't, I will still be for it, but proper sounds and other gametype attributes mean a lot.

If they can actually make KoTH and Race feel official with proper sounds/announcer I am all for it. I just have a feeling that is to complicated to pull off.

I mean I suppose even if they can't, I will still be for it, but proper sounds and other gametype attributes mean a lot.

At least now with the Custom Games Browser those gametypes being in the game isn't meaningless. I would prefer KOTH be official if it plays well enough though. Best case we see Oddball and KOTH in the Social Skirmish mode and Race in Action Sack.

wwm0nkey

If it's using Megalo like scripting for the modes I think it's fully possible. We will find out Tom though :)

FyreWulff

Amusingly it's like it's full circle because it was like every gametype in Reach's megalo system was ultimately based off KotH internal mechanics lol. And now KotH is derived from a different root gametype

Karl2177

I'm going to do a contest on here for my gift req pack. Whoever gives me the most gift packs wins.

Kidding. What I want is a post that discusses what you think is the biggest success for Halo 5 and what you think its biggest flaw is. Min 3 paragraphs for each. Pictures aren't necessary, but they help break up the text and can give additional context to what you're saying. So I can be lazy, include "Karl's Contest" at the top or bottom of the post; this way I can just use the search function. If I think there's more than 1 post that stands out I'll buy some more for people. Deadline is next Monday.

I'm going to do a contest on here for my gift req pack. Whoever gives me the most gift packs wins.

Kidding. What I want is a post that discusses what you think is the biggest success for Halo 5 and what you think its biggest flaw is. Min 3 paragraphs for each. Pictures aren't necessary, but they help break up the text and can give additional context to what you're saying. So I can be lazy, include "Karl's Contest" at the top or bottom of the post; this way I can just use the search function. If I think there's more than 1 post that stands out I'll buy some more for people. Deadline is next Monday.

I just wrote a some 4000 words article for my job some time last month on it LOL.

Madness

This openness and willingness to have a two-way conversation is one of the things we’re most proud of in this process and I think the benefits of it come out in the quality of the work that comes out from the community on a regular basis

Great point by Tom. Two way conversation is very beneficial for devs. If they can ignore the shit flinging and death threats, they can really listen to what the community wants. Likewise, engaging with the various communities helps us understand the devs more and what they can or cannot do, why something is a certain way. The community feedback program, guys like Bravo on reddit etc.

Ryde3

Don't understand why that Observer Mode is not on PC. Major PC sites have picked up the story about it getting a Custom Game Browser, but the Observer Mode would be huge for Competetive PC Halo.

Hope it's comming and also hope Halo grows on PC much more.

Speaking of other things that should come to PC. Customization and REQ pack opening.

Is there anything besides the browser coming to PC? I didn't quiet understand their wording with the 'entire Halo 5 Multiplayer' comments...

UKUMI0

Is there anything besides the browser coming to PC? I didn't quiet understand their wording with the 'entire Halo 5 Multiplayer' comments...

Well all the Forge stuff, new Forge environments, game types ect. but other then that, nothing has been confirmed or said on anything else.

Welfare

More Goblin's will be coming to Warzone.

Where's Green Ranger?

gruntmechcolourlineupbanner-369c827826fc490c82b5cfdc134e974c.jpg

I lol'd.

"Hello! Here is a report. Everybody knows the Goblin is the best vehicle at being great, ever invented. It’s only got one real big problem, and that is sometimes it doesn’t kill nearly enough humans enough. So me and a bunch of other top Balaho sciencers did all kinds of new planning and methods and made some important ideas. We did a new kind of Goblin named Beam Goblin! It makes the old Goblin look like old stink-garbage that got thrown away for being terrible. It is the new best at killing and I will explain at you how come.

One idea is that there wasn’t enough exploding, so we decided to add more exploding in this one. Like the old poem goes, “Needlers are really great for fighting humans but it’s sometimes good to explode them.” OH! And if you ask what’s the worst thing to get shot by? I know the answer right away A SCARAB BEAM! So we put one on its front! So, in concussion, this is a great new thing to stomp around with and kill humans at. The end! May each step on the Great Journey be bouncy.

Senior Science Commissioner Gablap"

nillapuddin

unexpected day off work, time for some halooo

forge maps wont save, reqs wont open, cant update screenshots, cant buy reqs, wtf man.

since 9 am this morning none of my shit works, multiple restarts, reboots, restarted routers, its just ridiculous man.

LOVE this game, but man wtf, dependency on server interaction is out of control.

Fuchsdh

forge maps wont save, reqs wont open, cant update screenshots, cant buy reqs, wtf man.

since 9 am this morning none of my shit works, multiple restarts, reboots, restarted routers, its just ridiculous man.

LOVE this game, but man wtf, dependency on server interaction is out of control.

Working fine for me... *shrug*

Yeah it's crazy some of the problems people have with the game while others are completely unaffected.

The amount of positive reaction on my YT channel regarding the update is very good, I'm so excited about this update the server browser is going to be a very important feature for the future of the franchise and I'm really happy to see the return of my favorite helmet the Mark V

nillapuddin

Fuchsdh

Quoting myself from the other thread:

Well, terrible gameplay footage as usual, but it seems like it'll be a fun enough game mode. Perhaps having less of a driving distance so teams duke it out faster would be better.

But mostly I just want the golf clubs as weapons. Can't wait to resurrect BioShock 2's Kill 'Em Kindly game type.

Of all days it just sucks. Ive got (checks gamehub) 70~ days worth of playing this game, and I dont have these problems the VAST majority of the time, but when it does happen its infuriating because the whole game stops working.

Yes.

Damn. I've got 17d6h logged. Meanwhile Nokyard and his 111 days...

Well, terrible gameplay footage as usual, but it seems like it'll be a fun enough game mode. Perhaps having less of a driving distance so teams duke it out faster would be better.

Yeah I have to agree, the course should be shorter. The map looks nice though.

where is this Arena update ugh, been F5ing for the past hour

Top Bottom