• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Glass

Are the HCS team skins ever available to buy in game? Seems they must take a big hit to potential sales by only having them in the Xbox Store.

Glass

Every time a sexy new weapon skin comes out it makes me wish there was an inspect weapon button set to the D pad. Animations are already there. 343 have done great at listening to feedback throughout the games lifespan, maybe enough people aren't asking for it?

psyfi

Banned
Every time a sexy new weapon skin comes out it makes me wish there was an inspect weapon button set to the D pad. Animations are already there. 343 have done great at listening to feedback throughout the games lifespan, maybe enough people aren't asking for it?
You're the only person I've seen mention it. Cool idea, though.

Fuchsdh

You're the only person I've seen mention it. Cool idea, though.

I've seen the sentiment about Reddit and such. Not a bad idea, although I get the sense that they may not want to assign anything to the D-pad they wouldn't use later. At least in campaign everything's occupied, right?

daedalius

The difference is I live in the US, in New Mexico. *Any* continental server with that kind of ping is ridiculous, and it's literally every game. I get a 45/50ms ping to the SLC server and at worst like 80ms to the east coast, but somehow every match I play with American friends is in the 200ms range? Their matchmaking algorithm is a joke and doesn't prioritize region or connection, let alone levels or xp/time played or party size. My point was that even on off peak hours for the US (your daytime), Halo still finds matches for me, as does most any other game. TF is just bizarre, which is a shame, because when it does work, it's pretty fun.

Hmmm this sounds familiar...

I'd like it if you could place Spartans in poses in forge, could probably make some awesome screenshots.

Karl2177

New warzone strat: if your team fails to get the garage on arc, go straight for their armory. They won't respawn inside their garage when it is contested and the respawn is hella far away.

klaus

Ok, so I've played my first wz game after months, being hopeful after all the good news from the update. We haven't captured a single base, I've got a total of 2 spartan kills due to bad lag, we're constantly down 2 spartans and got farmed to a whopping 1000 - 218 loss. Fuck this shit, that was my last wz match. Perhaps I'll try it again in h6 if they'll overhaul their bullshit matchmaking system MAJORLY (FUCK being at a huge disadvantage just for playing in central eu & not being in a team, FUCK that). Untill then I'll be happy with ff and some social / custom games in between.

PS: Yes I'm mostly salty for having just lost a game badly, but how the hell can it be that I have noticeably worse matches than over 10 years ago in h2 that only had p2p matchmaking? It really feels to me that those glorious Azure servers only benefit a select minority of players and mean worse pings for the rest of the world..

PS: I remember back in 19 fucking 99 when Quake 3 came out and we scoffed when having to play on a server with >100 ms ping. I haven't played a single game in h5 where my ping felt like less than 100ms yet, and I'm SR 145 What the eff happened?

Karl2177

I got a Nornfang from a random weapon roll. I go to a corner that's generally unused. Suddenly 2 teammates come up next to me shooting in the air while a Banshee that hadn't noticed me for a good minute sees these 2 numbnuts and kills me. I go back to my corpse only to find that one of the guys who was shooting in the air has picked it up and started wasting all of the bullets. 10/10 teammates would recommend.

The Sanghelios pieces are really nice. I saw a pretty poor Sanctuary remake that looked nice because it used those pieces. Can't wait for a properly forged Sanctuary with the Sanghelios palette.

I got a Nornfang from a random weapon roll. I go to a corner that's generally unused. Suddenly 2 teammates come up next to me shooting in the air while a Banshee that hadn't noticed me for a good minute sees these 2 numbnuts and kills me. I go back to my corpse only to find that one of the guys who was shooting in the air has picked it up and started wasting all of the bullets. 10/10 teammates would recommend.
I'm glad all this is happening.
And the Forge stuff is cool too.

Guys is there a way to save recently played maps/game mode like in older Halos? Great update btw

NVM found how to save maps its all good

TCKaos

New warzone strat: if your team fails to get the garage on arc, go straight for their armory. They won't respawn inside their garage when it is contested and the respawn is hella far away.

This is actually the ideal opening for ARC. You skip your boss and your armory, assuming the randoms can handle those. Taking the enemy armory cuts off their ability to contest the capture of the garage, giving you precious time to capture that with minimal issue.

If you've got a competent team holding down the enemy's garage then you should be fine, since the other team necessarily has to either go through that armory or the tunnel. If you act quickly enough you can take both armories and the garage in almost no time at all, immediately putting the enemy on the defensive for the remainder of the game as you shitstomp them outside of their base.

Also, as for making Titanfall 2 levels, I watched some videos of a neat platforming course and figured you can probably do the same thing with scripting, so I started a thing...

msKJ1P8.jpg

Strider

I dont mind the new Orion tbh.

Besides trhe framerate issues that is... I hope fixing the framerate issues with Forge maps is priority #1 now that this huge update is out.

Nowise10

waaaaaiiit.. KotH is in action sack and not skirmish??

Yes and its terrible. Match starts with like 10 hills on the map for some reason and then slowly looses the amount of hills. You spend most of the match just sitting in a hill with no one around. And the fact their is no sound effects makes it feel so barebones.

Top Bottom