• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Happy new year you goofs!

Happy New Year HaloGAF. :)

I need more UK/Euro friends guys. None of my crew play anymore, so if you haven't added me, please do.

I've also started doing streams, both Forge sessions and Customs/MM so would be good to have some folks to roll in MM with.

Happy New Year HaloGAF. :)

I need more UK/Euro friends guys. None of my crew play anymore, so if you haven't added me, please do.

I've also started doing streams, both Forge sessions and Customs/MM so would be good to have some folks to roll in MM with.

I dont play Halo too often now, but I'm gonna add you
edit: We are already friends lol

IHaveIce

Banned
We could make a thread on /r HaloPlayers. It doesn't get a ton of traffic but if people see a company that is almost 90% towards the Achilles helmet you'll definitely see some responses to join.

You just need to emphasize they need to be active on a regular basis and we do activity checks daily (which is a lie but sounds good). No point if people join then play an hour a week.

Or we could just continue to use the company to invite ppl from here to matches or something. Trying to farm for these commendations actually robbed a lot of the fun I once had with this game.

Detective

Happy new year to everyone. Wish you all the best.

The game is unplayable for the past two days.

Yesterday we had to wait over 5 minutes to find a match, and we finally find it, nothing counts. Latency all over the place.

Another thing is when the game crashes. It kicks everyone back to the dashboard. No matter where they are from.

What the fuck is going on really.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
Happy new year to everyone. Wish you all the best.

The game is unplayable for the past two days.

Yesterday we had to wait over 5 minutes to find a match, and we finally find it, nothing counts. Latency all over the place.

Another thing is when the game crashes. It kicks everyone back to the dashboard. No matter where they are from.

What the fuck is going on really.

Know your pain.
It's been like that for my entire vacation period, the only playlists where i can find games regularly is Super Fiesta lol

Novocaine

I've found faster matches on Halo reach.

Maybe I should give Reach FF a try.

I mean maybe I should actually finish the campaign seeing as it's the only one I haven't done. I just really want a 1080/60 version on the MCC but I feel like it's not happening if it hasn't by now.

Detective

Maybe I should give Reach FF a try.

I mean maybe I should actually finish the campaign seeing as it's the only one I haven't done. I just really want a 1080/60 version on the MCC but I feel like it's not happening if it hasn't by now.

Great campaign.

Yesterday I had only 2 matches where the connection was good. The rest is just annoying.
Today, nothing yet. Just the regular BS.

Edit :I just quit a game. This is so fucking amazing. Fucking idiotic. Shots doesn't count. Lag.

Give me one good reason why this is not fixed yet 343. One good reason.

Literally a joke the server's still aren't stable 15 months after release. Your owned by MS and develop their most popular franchise, and can't get the server's to function. Hint: MS is 2nd in the world in cloud computing. Ask for help?????

¡Feliz Ano Nuevo!
/jk is with ñ or it means new ass Kappa

It's time to start working on all your 2017 resolutions :D remember that nothing is impossible and it is up to us to achieve everything we want to do, I wish you the best Happy New Year!

Detective

Literally a joke the server's still aren't stable 15 months after release. Your owned by MS and develop their most popular franchise, and can't get the server's to function. Hint: MS is 2nd in the world in cloud computing. Ask for help?????

Just like MCC

Another game will release and this will stay fucked up.

they really so bad though?

can't recall maybe more than once when i actually had to put the game down for 24 hours until they sorted them out.

i literally played [on balanced] from about 7pm through 4am last night / new year's eve, and had zero issues [although i had to switch to expanded come ~2:30am, but that's normal, and i always start losing more matches when i'm forced to do this :/ ].

but yeah, seems crazy that there's any issues at all considering MS' server infrastructure, and this being pretty much the one game people buy xbox for [well, at least it's the sole reason i buy xbox teehee]

also, happy new year halo gaf!

¡Feliz Ano Nuevo!
/jk is with ñ or it means new ass Kappa

It's time to start working on all your 2017 resolutions :D remember that nothing is impossible and it is up to us to achieve everything we want to do, I wish you the best Happy New Year!

right back at ya buddy!

my new year's resolution will be to get more head shots, and to stop team nading.

let's see if i can do this...

BizzyBum

Or we could just continue to use the company to invite ppl from here to matches or something.

Then we'll get the helmet just before the launch of Halo 6. lol

Trying to farm for these commendations actually robbed a lot of the fun I once had with this game.

How so? The company has been extremely lenient on the matter (as seen by still having members on board who haven't played for months). We don't set up parties to specifically grind for assassinations or charges. We just need people who play and when the opportunity arises to get a charge or a splatter during a game. I don't see the problem booting people who don't even play the game anymore and inviting others who do and will help chip away at the helmet.

Then we'll get the helmet just before the launch of Halo 6. lol

How so? The company has been extremely lenient on the matter (as seen by still having members on board who haven't played for months). We don't set up parties to specifically grind for assassinations or charges. We just need people who play and when the opportunity arises to get a charge or a splatter during a game. I don't see the problem booting people who don't even play the game anymore and inviting others who do and will help chip away at the helmet.

if people aren't playing, they shouldn't take up space.

i think i've received maybe one invite once [from myexwife] while playing? [couldn't accept cause i was in a game].

i still play daily, hopefully i'm helping? :/

EYEL1NER

I mean, I doubt that's really the case on Scavenger. It's a fairly segmented map in terms of sightlines. More likely you guys were outmatched (solo folks versus organized full team) and you had quitters. Add in vehicle control and getting around that map isn't too hard to dominate.

Not saying I'm against BTB pistol starts (quite the opposite), just my thoughts.

EDIT: Watched the film. Some of them got on top of the map, so I'll amend my assessment, but I didn't really see any deaths of your that were cross-mapping.
I guess I was over-exaggerating becuase you are right, the sightlines on that map don't lend it to getting shot from across the map, the walls and tunnels just don't allow it. It did feel a bit like that though with how I would spawn in one of those lengthy tunnels and be getting shot from the far end immediately. I'll have to go back and rewatch the match because I didn't realize there was anyone on top of the map. I might get on in a bit and check it out and play a little.

EDIT: That was absurd. The first guy to get out of the map made it halfway up and I was already thinking 'Ah, that's some bullshit.' And then he kept climbing and climbing. Must have taken a bit of rehearsal and trial and error for the first person who figured out how to get up that high. I've played for a little bit on a "Boot Camp" esque Forge map that a guy from a Breakout match shared with me. I couldn't make half the skill jumps in it, so stuff like that is beyond my abilities (part of it probably has to do with my dependence on toggle crouch rather than holding).

ah, new year, new rank in slayer.

i'm onyx all across the board now!

[and just like that, i'll stick to social now so i never lose my pretty emblems]

EYEL1NER

Just got booted from a match due to "problem with the dedicated server" and got stuck on a blank post-match screen that I couldn't escape without rebooting the game. I wanted to play last night and instead played 8 hours worth of co-op Watch Dogs 2 because of the server problems, now I want to play tonight and it seems like the game is gonna make that tough. I usually don't experience a ton of issues either, or at least when people are saying that recent updates have broken things, I've never encountered many problems. Maybe that could be attributed to the less frequent amount of playing I do compared to a lot of you. I'm sure getting hammered by server problems now though. Lost a freaking higher-level RP boost too because of it.

Just got booted from a match due to "problem with the dedicated server" and got stuck on a blank post-match screen that I couldn't escape without rebooting the game. I wanted to play last night and instead played 8 hours worth of co-op Watch Dogs 2 because of the server problems, now I want to play tonight and it seems like the game is gonna make that tough. I usually don't experience a ton of issues either, or at least when people are saying that recent updates have broken things, I've never encountered many problems. Maybe that could be attributed to the less frequent amount of playing I do compared to a lot of you. I'm sure getting hammered by server problems now though. Lost a freaking higher-level RP boost too because of it.

yeah i've had this a few times.

once when this happened i forced quit the game, and when i got back into halo it told me i was banned for quitting too many matches... rofl.

EYEL1NER

yeah i've had this a few times.

once when this happened i forced quit the game, and when i got back into halo it told me i was banned for quitting too many matches... rofl.
I went ahead and power-cycled the console. I think I've only gotten a quit ban once, and that was early last spring when I had some issues with getting dropped and then quit a game when I had to go somewhere.

I went ahead and power-cycled the console. I think I've only gotten a quit ban once, and that was early last spring when I had some issues with getting dropped and then quit a game when I had to go somewhere.

yeah, i think i had quit a few games so i was bound to get banned if i did it again.

just had terrible solo-queuing luck where i ended up being the last guy [or last of two guys] in a string of games.

usually i'll ride them out, but when it KEEPS happening i just give up sometimes.

Cranster

Banned
So is getting booted from Warzone before the game even starts a common occurrence now? Nearly every match somebody in my fireteam (myself included) get's stuck in the loading screen and is replaced by a random player.

EYEL1NER

Thanks for the games tonight, you guys. I don't think I brought everyone down too much and I did alright on one or two of those.

I'll try to be better about checking to see if people are on in the future. I may not have used it much and kept it muted most of the time, but tonight was my first real test of my headset I bought a few months back to upgrade from the cheap pack-in chatset (X07 Pros). So I can at least communicate with people now. I did try to make an effort to look at the names of the areas I was in when bullets weren't flying. Maybe I'll develop a call-out game at some point down the line. Playing with a group is so much more satisfying that randos though; even Strongholds, my most-hated gametype, was fun tonight with people who knew what they were doing.

Defect

I'm so tired of this shitty custom games lobby. The game types always break or don't select right. How do you fuck this up?

UKUMI0

Damn it, I always seem to miss the parties.

For some reason whenever I play solo I always get matched against a group of try-hards who just stomp my team of randoms in the social playlist.

Is it too much to ask that if I'm searching solo I don't get matched with full groups.

Akai__

@Sikamikanico

I'm rocking Elixir Custom Games the whole morning and people LOVE your map. Every time somebody new joins, they say: "What is this map? It's awesome." or something along those lines. I personally love it, too. Not only does it look great visually, but you also really paid attention to map flow and considered Spartan Abilites. Great job.

Trup1aya

@Sikamikanico

I'm rocking Elixir Custom Games the whole morning and people LOVE your map. Every time somebody new joins, they say: "What is this map? It's awesome." or something along those lines. I personally love it, too. Not only does it look great visually, but you also really paid attention to map flow and considered Spartan Abilites. Great job.

It is an amazing map.

@Sikamikanico

It is an amazing map.

I'm really glad to hear it!

It's definitely my favourite map that I've personally built so far, and I think it plays a great game of 2v2. Makes me really wish 343 would get a Community Doubles Playlist back in.

I've started doing regular twitch streams, (hence why I was looking for a UK timezone friendly crew to occasionally dong with), but I also do Forge and other bits and pieces too.

You can see my latest stream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOCm9zpCek (I go via Restream.io, so they're available on Twitch and Youtube simultaneously) and you can sub on either platform for a peek at what I'm building next. (Which i think is the most challenging project yet!)

https://www.twitch.tv/sikamikanico_

I also recently did a feature for Forgehub for a gametype that truly blows Breakout away, called Extermination - you can check that out here. I think some of you guys will like it a lot.

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/extermination-wipe-them-out.154893/

(There's a video there too)

<3

Trup1aya

I'm really glad to hear it!

It's definitely my favourite map that I've personally built so far, and I think it plays a great game of 2v2. Makes me really wish 343 would get a Community Doubles Playlist back in.

I've started doing regular twitch streams, (hence why I was looking for a UK timezone friendly crew to occasionally dong with), but I also do Forge and other bits and pieces too.

You can see my latest stream here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOCm9zpCek (I go via Restream.io, so they're available on Twitch and Youtube simultaneously) and you can sub on either platform for a peek at what I'm building next. (Which i think is the most challenging project yet!)

https://www.twitch.tv/sikamikanico_

I also recently did a feature for Forgehub for a gametype that truly blows Breakout away, called Extermination - you can check that out here. I think some of you guys will like it a lot.

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/extermination-wipe-them-out.154893/

(There's a video there too)

<3

I stumbled upon your forgehub piece via reddit, and have been thoroughly impressed by the gametype. Then i saw your stream when you posted it in the forge thread.

Excellent work all around.

We should all give that extermination game type a go. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Sik, your voice is soothing. Read me bed time stories.

Defect

Sub to my channel, and I will read you the Gruffalo. (it's my kids favourite, and I do the voices and everything)

I really REALLY do want that Pig Helmet.

Maybe this could be the map.
Make sure the map has shit frame rate. That's the only way it has a chance at getting picked.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If i finish a match and the post game screen infinitely loads and after pressing b i cant see the stats, does that mean i wasted a boost and get no rp/xp?

BizzyBum

If i finish a match and the post game screen infinitely loads and after pressing b i cant see the stats, does that mean i wasted a boost and get no rp/xp?

It still counts. Sometimes if you quit the build and go back in it will show the post game.

Top Bottom