• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Trup1aya

Sub to my channel, and I will read you the Gruffalo. (it's my kids favourite, and I do the voices and everything)

I really REALLY do want that Pig Helmet.

Maybe this could be the map.

Good luck, from what i can see you do outstanding work.

Id love for them to do an extermination playlist and include your map

Started using profiles for the Elite controller. Made a really weird Franken-layout for Halo 5 that fits exactly how I want to play the game. LB on jump, RB on grenades, A on boost, B on melee. Everything else is default. Paddles are configured for boosting and melee, if I feel like using them (most I the time I use paddles for other games; oddly not really acclimating to them as well as I'd hoped).

So far, it's working out pretty well. I love being able to toggle profiles when I need them instead of having to use a button layout that is undeniably unusable for menus.

UKUMI0

Started using profiles for the Elite controller. Made a really weird Franken-layout for Halo 5 that fits exactly how I want to play the game. LB on jump, RB on grenades, A on boost, B on melee. Everything else is default. Paddles are configured for boosting and melee, if I feel like using them (most I the time I use paddles for other games; oddly not really acclimating to them as well as I'd hoped).

So far, it's working out pretty well. I love being able to toggle profiles when I need them instead of having to use a button layout that is undeniably unusable for menus.

I find using two paddles on the right side to feel better, if I have all four on then I can't grip as hard as I'm used to, but this way all my paddles are on one side and I'm able to grip it hard with the other hand.

I'll do my best to get another Sayonara

fAHLrcA.gif

If i finish a match and the post game screen infinitely loads and after pressing b i cant see the stats, does that mean i wasted a boost and get no rp/xp?

Post match rewards will be fine, carnage report is also instantly available on waypoint, just fucked in game.

just played a few rounds on PC again, after a long break [too many weird modes before, but customs browser fixes that!].

i'm beginning to wonder if the reason it controls so much better has something to do with the kind of v-sync they're using on the console version... feels like adaptive or something, in that no matter how low your monitor's input lag / response time is [mine is near zero on both] it's just not as responsive and/or smooth as the PC version [with a gamepad, of course].

my PC monitor is g-sync, so obviously it's hard to compete with that, but anyway, just thought maybe that's where the issue lies, as i bought an entirely new gaming monitor [benq] specifically to fix what i thought was solely related to input lag / high response time on my TV i was previously playing on.

i almost wanna stop playing on PC again, cause it's going to ruin me for console play [literally makes me feel like a pro playing on PC, just so freaking responsive and smooth controlling].

EYEL1NER

Upon getting to the menu screen when booting the game:
"ATTENTION
Error authorizing user with Halo 5: Guardians services. You will be unable to access online modes."
It didn't even spend a second trying to connect to the servers before it displayed that, it was instantaneous Proceeded with the 'A' button only to see my rank at Lvl 1, random tag and icon, and no online working. It was fixed upon rebooting the game, but that is a new one for me.

EDIT: I'm on now though. Anyone playing as a group? Need someone extra to absorb bullets and draw heat away from you? I'm your guy.

I guarantee you guys the Marine kills in WZ are what will break the Company's will to go on. 16,850 to go.

I find using two paddles on the right side to feel better, if I have all four on then I can't grip as hard as I'm used to, but this way all my paddles are on one side and I'm able to grip it hard with the other hand.

Most of the time I find it comfortable to have one paddle on one side, just to fulfill a tertiary function I normally wouldn't be comfortable with. Something like jumps or slides. In Skate 3 I use the paddles for bailing and kicking, and in Gears of Macrotransactions I used it for roadie runs.

great, another exwife invite as soon as i'm loading into a game ;p

[fuck me, would love to play with you guys]

mind you, don't you guys always play BTB? i might REALLY suck, honestly never even played it in halo 5...

EYEL1NER

great, another exwife invite as soon as i'm loading into a game ;p

[fuck me, would love to play with you guys]

mind you, don't you guys always play BTB? i might REALLY suck, honestly never even played it in halo 5...
I'm playing with them right now and we were playing Action Sack and some other Arena modes. Right now trying to load into a WZ match. Don't worry about possibly sucking; I only scored 2 kills in the Super Fiesta match we just won and they didn't kick me or tell me to get lost afterwards, lol.

I'm playing with them right now and we were playing Action Sack and some other Arena modes. Right now trying to load into a WZ match. Don't worry about possibly sucking; I only scored 2 kills in the Super Fiesta match we just won and they didn't kick me or tell me to get lost afterwards, lol.

get lost

BizzyBum

I guarantee you guys the Marine kills in WZ are what will break the Company's will to go on. 16,850 to go.

Damn, that is a lot. I guess when the time comes we'll just have to grind Warzone more often. We can also petition 343 to have us fight nothing but marines in a new Firefight mode, too.

Eh, who cares. Even if you do bad it's still more fun then playing with randoms. We play BTB a lot because we usually have more than 4 people playing at a time.

I upped my sens from 3 to 4 to try it out because a lot of pros use it plus 3 can hinder me a bit at times. I'm not sure if I like it so I'm not going to be as good until I adjust and get used to it.

EYEL1NER

Playing with randoms is horrible because none of them have mics, and if they do its a little kid who is shouting everything or listening to horrible music.
And the ones who do and aren't shouting are partied up together, so any of their helpful comms go unheard anyway. I had a decent amount of fun before in BTB playing with randos but it is so much better with even one or two other people talking with you.

I upped my sens from 3 to 4 to try it out because a lot of pros use it plus 3 can hinder me a bit at times. I'm not sure if I like it so I'm not going to be as good until I adjust and get used to it.

I play with 3.5. It's perfect for a contrarian like me.

That and killing players with a ground vehicle.

Spartan charges will also be pretty difficult. Most of the top Companies got that one completed when you could put on a Speed Boost for an easy charge kill in Warzone (those were dark times).

And the ones who do and aren't shouting are partied up together, so any of their helpful comms go unheard anyway.

343i really should set it so players in a lobby are forced to go into gamechat. They can mute players if they want, but if they're going to communicate, they should communicate with everyone by default.

EYEL1NER

343i really should set it so players in a lobby are forced to go into gamechat. They can mute players if they want, but if they're going to communicate, they should communicate with everyone by default.
I was pretty quiet for the most part in early H3 but I still used a mic a lot of the times. I would chat a small bit in the game lobby, call out things when I could or declare when I was going a certain direction or covering a certain objective, and I would congratulate people on the game afterwards. I did play occasionally with some friends stationed in various parts of the world and would talk then too. I only just started using my mic in H5 this last week. Like was already said, either the randos are partied up together or don't have/use mics. I wasn't using a mic but it didn't seem like it would be a benefit to anyone. It is a bit of a catch-22 I suppose. Every single other rando might be sitting there in the lobby thinking 'No one is using a mic or communicating, why should I bother?' at the same time I am. I sometimes get that one guy who interrupts the silence and says "Anyone else using a mic?" and think 'Maybe I should plug mine in' but then no one responds back and he winds up on the other team, so there is no point.

I do have some fondness for early H3 and using a mic in the early Live days though. The general assholery from a lot of people that accompanies mic-use was bad but there was some good there too. There was always that cool moment upon hearing an accent of 'Cool, I'm playing with someone in the UK or France or wherever' (before someone else heard and shouted something homophobic at them or yelled "Speak American!" at them).

My last 7 assassinations have been robbed in similar fashion.

That's why I switched over to 104 Ways to Die. It's the fastest assassination in the game (.6 seconds to the kill, 2 seconds for recovery), so my kill isn't likely to be yoinked by an asshole teammate. Low recovery time, too (though not the lowest).

If you're using Fisticuffs, you're just begging to die during the animation. It's a great humiliation move in that regard, though.

Trup1aya

That's why I switched over to 104 Ways to Die. It's the fastest assassination in the game (.6 seconds to the kill, 2 seconds for recovery), so my kill isn't likely to be yoinked by an asshole teammate. Low recovery time, too (though not the lowest).

If you're using Fisticuffs, you're just begging to die during the animation. It's a great humiliation move in that regard, though.

The kills aren't being stolen by teammates, the game is glitching out.

The animation will start, then suddenly the person i was assassinating is standing besides me.

It's either that or the game does a regular melee even though I'm holding the melee button.

Fuchsdh

Another reason for a new HaloGAF montage: everything is at least 100% more entertaining with Exuberant cheering on your multi kills.

I feel like i sometimes capture my alright clips when i use the double xbox button + x. But then i remove myself from the game for like 3 seconds as the apps process and move me around. i remove myself from the flow of the game. :(

I almost want to just stream myself play each time and if i think there is something noteworthy, i will edit those highlights and then post them. (
idk how though lulz
) And bookmarking a match to watch the replay is horrible. that delay is bad.

And who has time for that as a full time husband and dad to a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old? lulz

FACE IT G0SU - ALL YOUR CLIPS ARE BELONG TO GARBAGE

T_T

Top Bottom