• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

m23

I'm probably going to get jumped on but I prefer the new Orion to the new Pegasus. Frame rate is still terrible though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I haven't played multiplayer in about a week because of other commitments. I am going back on today. I am going to be so garbage.

BizzyBum

https://clips.twitch.tv/shotzzy/FilthyKuduRaccAttack

This kid, will be the best player in HCS before the year is through.

Can you believe he plays on 1,5,5 for sensitivity? I tried it out in one game on Skirmish and it's actually not as horrid as I anticipated but the vert is too fast for me. Makes sense though since quick vert is important in this game. There's a reason 2gre is teaming with him.

This guy made me literally LOL, starts at 0:14 http://xboxclips.com/BizzyBum/e049d6e0-c96a-4dd0-9f64-1a80b99d8b33

I hope these clips are being emailed through to halogafmontage@gmail.com....

Just a friendly reminder.

I'm just going to link my videos from xboxclips, that's cool right?

edit: Sent. Let me know if you got them!

belushy

Banned
Can you believe he plays on 1,5,5 for sensitivity? I tried it out in one game on Skirmish and it's actually not as horrid as I anticipated but the vert is too fast for me. Makes sense though since quick vert is important in this game. There's a reason 2gre is teaming with him.

Yeah I ran around on it, too. It was surprisingly easy to aim with. Had a hard time in CQC though.

Trup1aya

This guy made me literally LOL, starts at 0:14 http://xboxclips.com/BizzyBum/e049d6e0-c96a-4dd0-9f64-1a80b99d8b33

I'm just going to link my videos from xboxclips, that's cool right?

edit: Sent. Let me know if you got them!

REALLY?!?!?

It sounds horrible, but he makes it look really smooth

Detective

Why isn't there a map veto system?

Maps I dont play: Forge maps and Molten.

All my friends quits these maps.

Also map rotation is not very good now I feel. Played mercy more than five times yesterday. Two after each other.

I feel like pretty much all the problems with BR starts in Halo 5 BTB go away with a return of Halo 3 style spread.

And frankly, with the efficacy of the pistol in Arena, plus the potential of the DMR as an on map hit scan power weapon pick up, I'd have no problem with spread acting as a limited on the BRs effectiveness in all modes.

TCKaos

I feel like pretty much all the problems with BR starts in Halo 5 BTB go away with a return of Halo 3 style spread.

And frankly, with the efficacy of the pistol in Arena, plus the potential of the DMR as an on map hit scan power weapon pick up, I'd have no problem with spread acting as a limited on the BRs effectiveness in all modes.

Well let's not get too carried away here.

Spread would fix a lot of problems because no one would play the game, and they'd shut the servers down. No players = no problems!

Trup1aya

That would be fiine if the netcode wasn't shit. I don't think 343 has confidence in their projectiles at range, that's why the switched the railgun to hitscan and made the CE Magnum hitscan.

Well let's not get too carried away here.

Right now the pistol has a slightly lower TTK, but the skill bar required to consistently benefit from that is so high that I'd wager at least 90% of the Halo player base (at peak, at least....as population drops, you're distilling down to the diehards) never actually bothers. They got for the broader aim assist and fewer shots from the BR every time.

Hence people killing each other for BR pickups in arena, people crying for BR starts in arena on the official message boards, and zero hope of pistol starts in BTB ever. Seriously, stop begging, it's never happening, the bulk of the Halo fanbase wants MORE BR not less.

You add spread, suddenly that BR is much less effective as range increases, limiting it to the mid-rang role it's always been intended for and never actually stayed within. The closest we had to a BR within it's role was Halo 3, where people who tried to use it at range go angry, and all the smart people just opted for weapons designed for long range instead, while saving the BR for mid-range.

DMR provides a more powerful, all range utility weapon with FAR less aim assist, pistol provides a fighting chance against the BR at mid-range, arguably better in talented hands at close range.

Spread would fix a lot of problems because no one would play the game, and they'd shut the servers down. No players = no problems!

Yes. Halo 3 was renowned for it's low player counts, particularly in BTB. LOL ;)

#SaveHalo
#BringBackH3BR
#BringBackEquipmentWithArmorLockPickup
#IncreaseRadarRange
#PrometheanVisionSpartanAbility​

It's the only way. Oh and add wall running along with Tracer's rewind.

Nah I think the Plasma Caster needs a buff again instead.

Naw man. Alpha Protocol: Office of Naval Intelligence. That's the good shit.

I'm in the ballpark for wanting a tactical shooter in the Halo universe where you play as ONI SWAT forces. Low health, high damage, stealth encouraged. Infiltrate Insurrectionist outposts and take out HVTs, steal intel from Covenant splinter factions, and even work against the UNSC when someone within command gets a whiff of what ONI's cooking.

I'm in the ballpark for wanting a tactical shooter in the Halo universe where you play as ONI SWAT forces. Low health, high damage, stealth encouraged. Infiltrate Insurrectionist outposts and take out HVTs, steal intel from Covenant splinter factions, and even work against the UNSC when someone within command gets a whiff of what ONI's cooking.

My dream game right here.

So whats the legit state of Halo 5 now since the last update? I'm getting my Xbox back from my sister soon and I can't get a straight answer, I get anything from "fantastic" to "crashes all the time" to that 1 loser who always screams "halo iz dad!!"

So whats the legit state of Halo 5 now since the last update? I'm getting my Xbox back from my sister soon and I can't get a straight answer, I get anything from "fantastic" to "crashes all the time" to that 1 loser who always screams "halo iz dad!!"

dad crashes fantastically all the time

Halo 5 tucks me into bed at night and tells me mediocre stories published by Dark Horse. I always ask him to read me stories from Marvel, but he never listens.

I shit on Halo 5 a lot.

I play it almost everyday.

I haven't had a single crash btw.

mo60

I get zero crashes now when I play halo 5. You should be fine.The dedicated servers are decent, but have been kinda terrible lately.

Figments

I need to get back into this game. My aim is probably better thanks to all that R6 Siege I've been playing, but I keep getting curbstomped in Team Slayer. What gives?

J-Roderton

So, I wanna sell like 95% of my power weapons for credits. Is this wise? I never use most of this stuff, yet all I play is firefight.

Akai__

So, I wanna sell like 95% of my power weapons for credits. Is this wise? I never use most of this stuff, yet all I play is firefight.

It was worth it for me, since I ended up playing Team Arena anyways. But I'd still say to keep some power weapons and vehicles completey, some that you actually end up using.

If you plan on doing it, make sure to install this Google Chrome Halo Waypoint add-on. Will make the process way easier.

Vespa

I'm not finding games in ranked Slayer or the Winter Preview, lots of timing out with 'not enough players' messages, it's been like that for maybe 2 weeks now. Team Skirmish at least works :/ anybody else experiencing this? I'm in the UK.

U2NUMB

I find it to be pretty damn good. For the first year I hated it because I was getting crazy lag.. I finally read someone who had the same problem say to totally reset your router... well that did the trick. It is butter smooth for me now so I enjoy the hell out of it. Personal situation but now I see why everyone loved it.

Fuchsdh

There's definitely genres Halo hasn't touched it be a good fit, tactical shooter being an obvious one. I'm kind of hopeful Halo 6 pushes a little more to the shooter RPG side of things, because I've always loved BioShock but found its actual gunplay to be terrible. Halo already stole some elements from it like the intel/audio diaries, and the Fireteam gave us load out options and different perks, so I'd love it if they gave us some character customization to go along with it.

Ade

There's definitely genres Halo hasn't touched it be a good fit, tactical shooter being an obvious one. I'm kind of hopeful Halo 6 pushes a little more to the shooter RPG side of things, because I've always loved BioShock but found its actual gunplay to be terrible. Halo already stole some elements from it like the intel/audio diaries, and the Fireteam gave us load out options and different perks, so I'd love it if they gave us some character customization to go along with it.

Having started playing the Division recently, a Halo themed clone lf that would go down nicely.

Still say that Halo's not really a good fit for any kind of high power level RPG, or anything with loot really. Verse is still too grounded for that.

I could see a Halo Mass Effectish game working. Actually now that I think about it, that would be pretty sweet. Other than that I don't really see any other genre working too well for it.

That Halo Mega Bloks looked really good though. Shame!

Top Bottom