• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Josh Menke already doing some work at 343i: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update----jan-30/36662144-984b-48a1-8719-5c81b9f0ba3b/posts?page=1

They are discussing things like:

• Solo vs Parties
  • Smurfing
  • Partying Up Postgame
  • Map Vetoes
  • Party Chat in the pre-game lobby

It's probably way too late, but this could be good for H6's matchmaking.

PS: Wished Server Selection/Restriction would be part of that.

Good stuff!

Team Snipers should definitely be taken out of ranked, especially since there's already social shotty snipes, we don't need that playlist redundancy.

link1201

Josh Menke already doing some work at 343i: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update----jan-30/36662144-984b-48a1-8719-5c81b9f0ba3b/posts?page=1

• Solo vs Parties
  • Smurfing
  • Partying Up Postgame
  • Map Vetoes

Was very glad when I saw he was coming back.

I really support the idea of having a minimum SR.

In Overwatch, you can only play ranked after reaching level 25, which took me about 10-15 hours. And because of that, the quality of matches in ranked is so much better because you have teammates who at least somewhat know what they're doing.

Fuchsdh

I really support the idea of having a minimum SR.

In Overwatch, you can only play ranked after reaching level 25, which took me about 10-15 hours. And because of that, the quality of matches in ranked is so much better because you have teammates who at least somewhat know what they're doing.

This frustrated the hell out of me in Dota 2, though, because it was way more than 20 hours, and as someone who knew how to play from DoTA it felt like a needless barrier. With Halo I think it'd be the same.

Maybe a compromise would be longer initial placement rounds to calibrate alongside a slight SR requirement, rather than a high SR.

For ranked i think i could see some type of system.

If you have a full team, you can play ranked, passing the requirement as a solo player.
If you want to play a ranked game and are not part of a fireteam, you will need to achieve level X. All other playlists will be available which will house ranked style gametypes.

the issue to tackle is to ensure the playlists are trimmed and not over-saturated.

Akai__

For ranked i think i could see some type of system.

If you have a full team, you can play ranked, passing the requirement as a solo player.
If you want to play a ranked game and are not part of a fireteam, you will need to achieve level X. All other playlists will be available which will house ranked style gametypes.

the issue to tackle is to ensure the playlists are trimmed and not over-saturated.

That doesn't solve the Smurf Account issue, which is why they want a minimum SR rank in 1st place.

Defect

I don't know how to solve the smurf account issue. But how about focusing on getting people matches in playlists with low populations without having to have a friend switch accounts.

I've said this multiple times here but I cannot find games in Swat or Breakout without me or my friend going on a smurf account. We sometimes still have to wait minutes but we still match Onyx and Champs. Why can't we find matches on our mains? It's probably an issue with our MMR being too high or something. It's just stupid how I'm seeing people at Onyx 2200 finding games on their mains while I'm in 1800 and can't find anything.

Hey gang, I'm not a really 'good' Halo player by any stretch of the imagination. My k/d is barely above 1.0.

However, I would love to start winning a bit more because winning = fun!

SO, I'm considering the ELITE CONTROLLER. Paddles. Hair triggers. Etc.

Anyone find a nice little performance bump from nabbing one of these? Or is it really just for "pro" players?

• Solo vs Parties
  • Smurfing
  • Partying Up Postgame
  • Map Vetoes

Ive been saying this for YEARS, literally:

Better CSR for Individual Performance: This is somewhat related. CSR gains / losses could be adjusted to account for individual performances when you aren’t in a full party. So if you carry your team but lose to an organize party, your CSR won’t go down as much, or may even go up instead. The downside is it introduces a bit of competition between people on the same team, which may result in bad behavior. But you could argue that when you are playing solo, you can’t guarantee you’ll have good teammates anyways, so we should let you enjoy the game still.

So, I think it's confirmed that the Wasp has ruined the early game of Warzone. If your team isn't doing wasps, you're not doing the "best" strat. Even in the 12-man playlist, it's literally the only choice, because otherwise it'll happen to you.

Like, just look at how many wasps are up in this game and how useful it is, even against another full team (time should be at like 50m on the video):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117902806?t=49m54s

The standard wasp just needs to be removed.

Josh and Tom are the best things about 343, if only Quinn or Josh Holmes responded/updated us like those 2 do. *drool*

I posted my feedback, they at least need to tackle the solo vs parties thing ASAP.

That easter egg is AMAZING, way more of this in H6 plz.

"Thanks for tuning in for the update. I can’t promise any of this will make it into a current or future title" this makes me want to cry. Should of been in at LAUNCH of THIS game.

Hey gang, I'm not a really 'good' Halo player by any stretch of the imagination. My k/d is barely above 1.0.

However, I would love to start winning a bit more because winning = fun!

SO, I'm considering the ELITE CONTROLLER. Paddles. Hair triggers. Etc.

Anyone find a nice little performance bump from nabbing one of these? Or is it really just for "pro" players?

Once you are on an Elite you can never go back. I use two paddles, left for thruster, right for switching nades, hair trigger, right trigger set to minimum interval, using Bumper Jumper in game.

Karl2177

Josh and Tom are the best things about 343, if only Quinn or Josh Holmes responded/updated us like those 2 do. *drool*

I posted my feedback, they at least need to tackle the solo vs parties thing ASAP.

"Thanks for tuning in for the update. I can’t promise any of this will make it into a current or future title" this makes me want to cry. Should of been in at LAUNCH of THIS game.
Josh isn't at 343 anymore so I wouldn't expect him to give a ton of feedback.

Josh isn't at 343 anymore so I wouldn't expect him to give a ton of feedback.

oh lol, well even when he was he never really said anything.

Naded just got the "Timmy" REQ pack, has the whale helmet. No idea how/why he got it besides he's Naded. and he got 10ish gold packs to gift out.

Ade

oh lol, well even when he was he never really said anything.

Naded just got the "Timmy" REQ pack, has the whale helmet. No idea how/why he got it besides he's Naded.

As did someone on /r/halo https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...nlocked_this_but_how/?st=iym2klbr&sh=97da94bb

edit: and https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...ked_the_timmy_helmet/?st=iym2mvj3&sh=64c301a1

;
Edit:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ed/63f35b2f-68c8-48f3-a2d1-4937bfc0ad25/posts

Apparently a certain amount of customs?

TCKaos

Somebody in that Waypoint thread says it's 24 hours of customs. Guess I'm just going to idle in a custom game until I get kicked from the dedis.

TCKaos

So, I think it's confirmed that the Wasp has ruined the early game of Warzone. If your team isn't doing wasps, you're not doing the "best" strat. Even in the 12-man playlist, it's literally the only choice, because otherwise it'll happen to you.

Like, just look at how many wasps are up in this game and how useful it is, even against another full team (time should be at like 50m on the video):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117902806?t=49m54s

The standard wasp just needs to be removed.

Pfff no that's fine I don't know what you mean it's not like that ruins the meta. What's a meta? Doesn't that help you poop?

Akai__

Interesting, no K Frank or Holmes for 6?! A new beginning!

There were quite some changes at 343i.

And speakingof K Franklin. I'm curious what he is even working on. I'm sure he will come up with something crazy, seeing as Infinity Slayer and Warzone were his babies. Not sure what Josh Holmes will be up to. For some reason I picture him making a platformer.

Vico

There were quite some changes at 343i.

And speakingof K Franklin. I'm curious what he is even working on. I'm sure he will come up with something crazy, seeing as Infinity Slayer and Warzone were his babies. Not sure what Josh Holmes will be up to. For some reason I picture him making a platformer.

In retrospect, Warzone really was a damn good addition to Halo. Can't imagine Halo 6 not supporting it at launch.

Warzone is DEFINITELY sticking around, if only to rake in those sweet sweet pack dollars. Big wishes for me are fine-tuning the REQ balance, bigger maps with bigger vehicles (PILOATABLE VULTURE), and larger objective variety.

I liked Invasion more than Warzone. I wish they'd do something along those lines as a tertiary mode instead of Warzone. Or at the very least turn Warzone Assault into something more akin to Invasion.

Nowise10

How is tbagging something for 5 minutes straight to be rewarded with an AI who does extremely little damage amazing. When I did this awhile back, I remember the monitor doesn't even do a significant amount of damage. And the egg doesn't work properly most of the time.

How is tbagging something for 5 minutes straight to be rewarded with an AI who does extremely little damage amazing. When I did this awhile back, I remember the monitor doesn't even do a significant amount of damage. And the egg doesn't work properly most of the time.

Yeah, honestly the Mission One easter egg was cooler than this, only cause the activation wasn't stupid, and the encounter change was fun if a bit random.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah, honestly the Mission One easter egg was cooler than this, only cause the activation wasn't stupid, and the encounter change was fun if a bit random.

What is this?

Also, going on two weeks of i ternet fuckery. The few days i can get the xbox to connect the games are so broken i shouldnt even bother. So frustrated, i kust wanna halo!

very appropriate avatar

Does a easter egg have to give you a good weapon for you to consider it good?

It's hidden well, unlocked in a funny way (although repetitive) and gives a non combat character a rail gun and makers her fight with you...Most halo easter eggs have been random initials in weird places.

Do these things to fight another Warden, lmao.

Does a easter egg have to give you a good weapon for you to consider it good?

It's hidden well, unlocked in a funny way (although repetitive) and gives a non combat character a rail gun and makers her fight with you...Most halo easter eggs have been random initials in weird places.

Do these things to fight another Warden, lmao.

Hey man, it was fun with a Phrophet's Bane.

Kinda sad most easter eggs involve Warden in some way. Fuck that guy.

Smurfs have been annoying as shit lately. I block anyone who is an obvious smurf now (auto generated MS tag). Are people that scared to play on their own accounts?

Akai__

343i is tweeting about those helmets (CQB, Military Police, etc.) coming on February 9th.

Wonder if they will have anything else?

Fuchsdh

343i is tweeting about those helmets (CQB, Military Police, etc.) coming on February 9th.

Don't believe it's anything major, they mentioned on Reddit that this is basically additional Monitor's Bounty stuff.

I dunno, helmets dont really excite me so im hoping theres more. Once i find a 'look' i like, i tend not to change it for a long time. So i guess this isnt for me.

Akai__

Don't believe it's anything major, they mentioned on Reddit that this is basically additional Monitor's Bounty stuff.

That seems about right. If they had more planned, we'd probably also have a CU Stream or REQ reveals.

I dunno, helmets dont really excite me so im hoping theres more. Once i find a 'look' i like, i tend not to change it for a long time. So i guess this isnt for me.

Same.

But hey, I got my Timmy Whale Helmet. Something I always wanted.
/s

Top Bottom