• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Sordid

The servers are still an absolute nightmare for me. First game tonight played like a dream, super smooth and no issues at all. Second game had crazy delay on throwing grenades and people teleporting around. Super unfun. It ended up 4v2 so I actually quit which I don't usually do :/ third was a shitshow as well and ended up being 4v2 again. Stayed to finish my 10th game to be ranked and got absolutely shit on. The only fun bit was ruining the sword dudes perfection. It was his only death in the whole game and he starting teabagging me after that, I could feel the rage :*)

What doesn't make sense is the first game was full of Russians and the connection was awesome. The best I've had in ages. The other games had a mixture of people from England/France/Portugal etc and were horrible. I'm in Scotland, it doesn't make sense that a game with Russians would be better than with other EU players. Whatever is going on with the servers it's not working.

I'll buy that helmet req pack if you fix the servers, 343. Seriously.

As it stands, Warzone is functionally unplayable for my family and I. My dad, brother, and I all got together and they have no REQs, and I have all of the REQs. We're sick and tired of getting dunked on by 6 man Wasp and Banshee squads with absolutely no ability to combat them. I can't take down six aerial vehicles at REQ level 3 on my own. I don't have the resources for it. I don't understand how this is even allowable.

We've played nearly 10 games of Warzone and I don't think we won a single match. They were all brutal blowouts that we had absolutely no chance to turn around because a team of BKs with ARs and one BR can't shoot down four Wasps and two Ultra Banshees.

Please get your shit together, and before the next update in lord knows how many months. This game isn't fun anymore and it shouldn't take a goddamn seance to get enough data or playtesters to verify trends that should be evident.

See, and solo the other night for me wasn't too bad.

MM has never understood how mixed-rank teams work out, as we have experienced countless times with randies who I can only assumed were facing away from screen and playing by ear.

WZ then inherently makes it all worse since new players are not only learning the game still, but have a severe handicap in terms of what features the have access to (abilities, power ups, weapons, vehicles...). Then there is the vast potential to snowball with no escape since better REQs get you more kills to get even better REQS... on top of the annoying details like flying vehicles just being OP.

Like we were talking about the other day, there needs to be rubber-banding mechanisms included, since WZ right now is just ludicrously easy for vaguely decent and coordinated teams.

See, and solo the other night for me wasn't too bad.

MM has never understood how mixed-rank teams work out, as we have experienced countless times with randies who I can only assumed were facing away from screen and playing by ear.

WZ then inherently makes it all worse since new players are not only learning the game still, but have a severe handicap in terms of what features the have access to (abilities, power ups, weapons, vehicles...). Then there is the vast potential to snowball with no escape since better REQs get you more kills to get even better REQS... on top of the annoying details like flying vehicles just being OP.

Like we were talking about the other day, there needs to be rubber-banding mechanisms included, since WZ right now is just ludicrously easy for vaguely decent and coordinated teams.

I've been trying out your "play WZ solo" strat lately and it is oddly much less stressful and more balanced most of the time. None of this makes any sense.

NOKYARD

Yeah. Air vehicles are way to powerful in warzone and it's really hard to deal with them especially if you have lower level players on your team and/or at a lower req level.
Game should spawn a bonus Berserker's Claw in the back of the base if you are trapped and surrounded by more than 3 flying vehicles.

belushy

Banned
12v12 BTB in H6 on PC with Custom Games browser on a HaloGAF ranked 24/7 dedicated server with automatic map switching via server admin controls <333333

edit: at launch <3333

Vespa

The servers are still an absolute nightmare for me. First game tonight played like a dream, super smooth and no issues at all. Second game had crazy delay on throwing grenades and people teleporting around. Super unfun. It ended up 4v2 so I actually quit which I don't usually do :/ third was a shitshow as well and ended up being 4v2 again. Stayed to finish my 10th game to be ranked and got absolutely shit on. The only fun bit was ruining the sword dudes perfection. It was his only death in the whole game and he starting teabagging me after that, I could feel the rage :*)

What doesn't make sense is the first game was full of Russians and the connection was awesome. The best I've had in ages. The other games had a mixture of people from England/France/Portugal etc and were horrible. I'm in Scotland, it doesn't make sense that a game with Russians would be better than with other EU players. Whatever is going on with the servers it's not working.

I'll buy that helmet req pack if you fix the servers, 343. Seriously.

Trying to figure out the same, it seems to favour some people but it's hard to see any logic to it. I've played some matches here from the UK against players in Australia and they'd have a huge advantage but then they'd have a player from the UK on their team who's killing like its business as usual. It feels like the server can only handle a few good connections and the rest get shafted. Of course, I've had it on occasion where I clearly have an advantage and I become unstoppable and am able to hit and kill people across map with the pistol. It's frustrating as the gameplay is a lot of fun just such a poor online experience most of the time.

Halo 5 crashes to the dashboard at least 3 times a day for me and dedicated servers fail to start just as often. Yesterday I also got kicked out of every single game I tried to join.

My internet is fine. Other games are fine. Hell, even MCC is fine. What's up with Halo 5?

Halo 5 crashes to the dashboard at least 3 times a day for me and dedicated servers fail to start just as often. Yesterday I also got kicked out of every single game I tried to join.

My internet is fine. Other games are fine. Hell, even MCC is fine. What's up with Halo 5?

Crashes for me when im first playing a ranked or social game and i RB over to warzone. I hit wzzff, it starts to search then when it gets to loading h5 crashes for me.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/cetacean-celebration

Wasps moving up a REQ level from tomorrow.

Clearly the way to get OP things fixed is for 343 to be donged in the face with them for a weekend

Lots of good changes in this REQ overhaul. Regular phaeton getting a drop, wasps getting a bump.

Especially interested to see how the Armor Mods getting spread out changes gameplay. There was practically no reason to use most of them once you had them all unlocked.

Ultra Rare Random Vehicle getting a bump is dumb. You hardly ever got anything that good compared to the lower ones anyway. Sure there's a chance of a phaeton or whatever, but it's usually some "high-tier" rocket or gauss hog. AKA waste of REQ.

PP dropping to lvl 2 is good, considering ONI hogs are available really damn quick.

Magnum changes are whatever, still probably won't bother with them.

Morph sight changes are more of a "fix our mistake" than a REQ adjustment. Still don't care.

150k RP for the helmet pack is pretty steep, even though I can afford it. Making the REQs exclusive to that pack means they know people are willing to pay $$$ for actually not-shitty helmets if they are forced to.

Still pushing Warlords as a solution to the absolute fucking lack of party matching is a joke. Just do matchmaking correctly like everyone's been screaming for forever.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/cetacean-celebration

Wasps moving up a REQ level from tomorrow.

Clearly the way to get OP things fixed is for 343 to be donged in the face with them for a weekend
Got hyped, once again, when I saw this:
update_radarblipsbanner-fa88b0f53c80491e94c1acce6de71ec1.jpg
But still no info on what changes are being considered. Hoping we hear something soon.

belushy

Banned
Got hyped, once again, when I saw this:

But still no info on what changes are being considered. Hoping we hear something soon.

Radar blips is like their "quick recap" of random info. Don't think its a hint at Radar changes.

------

edit: Still no HWC location....

mo60

Funny how a bunch of 343i people get their shit pushed in playing Warzone and all these REQ changes come down.

Yeah. They got obliterated in that playlist last weekend. The changes were probably going to come even if 343i did not get crushed in that warlords playlist over the weekend.

They're doing another Live event? Wonder if they'll tease anything else Halo related.

If they tease something it may be an update or a look into what is coming next for HW2 or Halo 5

Fuchsdh

Lots of good changes in this REQ overhaul. Regular phaeton getting a drop, wasps getting a bump.

Especially interested to see how the Armor Mods getting spread out changes gameplay. There was practically no reason to use most of them once you had them all unlocked.

Probably the biggest thing will be the wheelman and shields getting pushed to 6.

Honestly this late in the game I think I prefer guaranteed unlocks via one expensive pack versus playing the odds game to get them. People got points to burn.

Also, I am as surprised as Sketch that Halo 2 Vista is still alive. Thought the servers got taken down forever ago. Only Halo game I haven't 100%'d at this point.

Rembrandt

Banned
I need to get back into this game, finish the campaign and play some matches with Halo GAF.

I'm running through the campaign on heroic right now but I keep getting distracted by other games. What's the average length of the campaign on heroic?

I need to get back into this game, finish the campaign and play some matches with Halo GAF.

I'm running through the campaign on heroic right now but I keep getting distracted by other games. What's the average length of the campaign on heroic?

Probably about 6-10 hours depending on how quickly you're getting through the missions.

mo60

I just got to experience the joy of an afk custom game lobby. There are a bunch of them pertaining to that timmy helmet present on the custom game browser right now.

EYEL1NER

I know these changes are being made to benefit vanilla WZ but it's also going to slightly alter my WZFF playstyle. I used to spawn a Ghost as soon as I hit Lvl 3 but I was getting so lucky with the Lvl 3 Random Vehicle REQ that I've switched exclusively to that. Now that they are changing the probabilities for those, I can see myself getting a lot more Gungeese and Rocket Hogs in the future, so that sucks. Ultra-Rare Random Vehicle REQs going up a Level don't affect me at all because I never receive any of those; I assumed I didn't have the cert but I must have had it for a while. Wheelman has become my default Lvl 5 REQ and I'm usually in a good vehicle doing well by the time I hit Lvls 6 and higher, so if I don't die, I guess I won't be getting Wheelman equipped (fuck trying to get out and equip it at a REQ station too, I ain't letting my shit get jacked).

150,000RP for the Helmet Pack? I didn't read anything about them (Waypoint crashes for me pretty regularly and I don't see any recent updates in the Waypoint app) but I assumed that they were just being added to the game, especially since they said it wasn't a full CU and just stuff that should have been in Monitor's Bounty. I guess I could probably save up 150,000RP. At 10,000 a night, that is 15 nights until I have enough. Maybe a night or two less if I get lucky with some high-level RP Bonuses. But then again, I play to 10,000 a night so I can get a gold pack before going to sleep. 150,000 for the helmets, which I probably won't equip over my current Scout helmet that I've used for something like a year (and won't use once we get Achilles), or 15 Gold packs to get me closer to completion. Hopefully the Helmet Pack is an ongoing pack for a while like the Voice pack and the WZ and Arena ones (whatever those were called).

Trup1aya

Yeah. They got obliterated in that playlist last weekend. The changes were probably going to come even if 343i did not get crushed in that warlords playlist over the weekend.

Its a minor server side update though, nothing that would take a lot of work.

They said they were "on the fence" about it, which means they were 'considering' a change. But the community knew it needed to be changed pretty much since the Wasp debuted.

I wouldn't doubt that getting demolished by a to12 pushed them over the edge. They could finally see what everyone else has been seeing.

Man, it would be so much better off it were a two man vehicle.

EYEL1NER

Those couple months recently where I had no server problems, when the game booted right up without any errors connecting, when I got get right into the REQ menus and friend menus immediately, were really great. I miss them greatly.

belushy

Banned
I still haven't done co-op Halo 5 campaign yet :(

I actually really liked the campaign but only played it once all the way through before being sucked into MP.

FUUUUUUUUU I hate being an admin for the Company sometimes.

The following people are on the Wall of Shame:

psyfi
blamite prime
DrDecoy
ANTONI00316
Velikost
EroticSushi
BraXzyy
BlueNinja BE
Strider RIP
Triscuitable
StaticGAF
mastrbiggy
Madness87
sir dany12
Zoso Achilles
The Henery
ViciousSubtlety
JFoul
TuskenRaider440
AkaiGAF
Calm Killer
Awesome Barlow

I know some people got with me with reason they can't play, but I forgot who. I sent Waypoint messages as a reminder, and I know some of you still lurk so I figured I'd post here as well. Peeps have till Wednesday before getting kicked. Either a couple of games or a reason why they can't play.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

I know some people got with me with reason they can't play, but I forgot who. I sent Waypoint messages as a reminder, and I know some of you still lurk so I figured I'd post here as well. Peeps have till Wednesday before getting kicked. Either a couple of games or a reason why they can't play.

Unless/until you have people to take their spots, dont drop em. Many of those are halogaf regulars too, send some messages

psyfi
blamite prime
DrDecoy
ANTONI00316
Velikost
EroticSushi
BraXzyy
BlueNinja BE
Strider RIP
Triscuitable
StaticGAF
mastrbiggy
Madness87
sir dany12
Zoso Achilles
The Henery
ViciousSubtlety
JFoul
TuskenRaider440
AkaiGAF
Calm Killer
Awesome Barlow

List of goofs

BizzyBum

That was my rationale. I only have two people waiting atm but if that grows I'll kick.

I forgot to ask, how many people have joined from the reddit thread? How are they activity-wise?

Strongholds Coliseum needs to die in a fire

Now that I'm finally done with the Strongholds commendations I'm probably done playing Skirmish. Would rather just play Team Arena and be guaranteed good maps.

Last one I have is Against All Odds for Breakout. I somehow managed to get 2 during my Breakout placements so I only need 30 more to finish everything. So close yet so very very far. lol

IHaveIce

Banned

yo what happened to Braxzyy

Top Bottom