• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

FIX YOUR MOTHERFUCKING GAME 343i! THIS SHIT HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME AND IS BEYOND INFURIATING AT THIS POINT! IF IT TAKES ROLLING BACK TO THE FUCKING LAUNCH BUILD THEN FUCKING DO IT!

I seriously want to keep playing, because I enjoy the game, but this isn't the game anymore. Since the last update, this fucking bullshit is nothing but a chore. Stinkles, Ellis, Whoever-the-fuck-else can read this, it better not be taking until March for you fucks to "unbreak" your game.

If this game is still broken as shit come the March "update", I may be done, Achilles be damned.

In other news, I watched Arrival again tonight and it's still amazing.

Trup1aya

Is the REQ cost re-balancing live?

Yeah i wish they would have teired the armor mods long ago. Encounters are much more varied now.

And i find the soloq game to be a lot less stressful, because weapons to counter vehicles are available earlier.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
FIX YOUR MOTHERFUCKING GAME 343i! THIS SHIT HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME AND IS BEYOND INFURIATING AT THIS POINT! IF IT TAKES ROLLING BACK TO THE FUCKING LAUNCH BUILD THEN FUCKING DO IT!

I seriously want to keep playing, because I enjoy the game, but this isn't the game anymore. Since the last update, this fucking bullshit is nothing but a chore. Stinkles, Ellis, Whoever-the-fuck-else can read this, it better not be taking until March for you fucks to "unbreak" your game.

If this game is still broken as shit come the March "update", I may be done, Achilles be damned.

That's brutal and very frustrating when it happens.

I still need to see Arrival. Meant to see it in the theatres but never got a chance. Was thinking of buying the early release on Xbox Video.

heytred

Neo Member

lol

yeah bro but new helmets

EYEL1NER

I know I acted like I was thinking about saving up to 150,000RP for the helmet pack but I couldn't even make it to 30,000 before caving and using them for Gold Packs. I got an armor, a helmet, a SMG variant I'll never use, and an SMG skin I'll never use. So RP well-spent, I guess.

I know I acted like I was thinking about saving up to 150,000RP for the helmet pack but I couldn't even make it to 30,000 before caving and using them for Gold Packs. I got an armor, a helmet, a SMG variant I'll never use, and an SMG skin I'll never use. So RP well-spent, I guess.
Take some:

01fb608fd618d9f997766b9e447a8d07.png

Please.

I don't get it, unless i'm missing something i'm not seeing anything new here?
if you got the melee in earlier you would have won that encounter.

I don't get it, unless i'm missing something i'm not seeing anything new here?
if you got the melee in earlier you would have won that encounter.

The game straight up hitched/froze/whatever for half a second, denying my melee and AR bullet opportunity. My inputs didn't occur until it was done hitching even though I put them in earlier. I had the guy dead to rights. Trust me, that team was garbo.

jem0208

FUUUUUUUUU I hate being an admin for the Company sometimes.

The following people are on the Wall of Shame:

I know some people got with me with reason they can't play, but I forgot who. I sent Waypoint messages as a reminder, and I know some of you still lurk so I figured I'd post here as well. Peeps have till Wednesday before getting kicked. Either a couple of games or a reason why they can't play.
I'm still safe right?

I'm back on Sunday so I'll start playing again then.

Trup1aya

Wow. Finally decided to take a break from MM and play a few custom games.

It's amazing how good and fresh some of these Forge maps and gametypes are compared to the ones 343 has in social MM.

I think it's time we did away with reliance on a developer curated social playlist and moved over to a fully featured server browser system. 343 just can't keep up with community trends. We're still playing Tank World and Antifreeze after months of complaints of them being stale- When stuff like Extermination and Red Rover exist.

In the future social needs to a server browser section. 343 can host some "featured" servers where they highlight the gametypes and maps they want, but the community could also do the same. I imagine Forge Hub & BTB pistol starts, & Classic Maps/Settings servers would be some of the more popular ones. the community could keep their playlists upto date and respond to balance issues much quicker than 343 could.

Akai__

I know some people got with me with reason they can't play, but I forgot who. I sent Waypoint messages as a reminder, and I know some of you still lurk so I figured I'd post here as well. Peeps have till Wednesday before getting kicked. Either a couple of games or a reason why they can't play.

If I'm the one stopping you from getting Achilles, feel free to boot me. I won't be mad.

It's the 1st time I actually have a backlog of games and I enjoy them more than playing Halo 5. That's why I only play ocasionally, as you might have seen. Pretty much only did my rankings solo and was done again. I can't promise you that I will play either way, as Halo 5 really evolved into a "if I'm in the mood" game for me, with all these issues. Can't always deal with these 30 "Attention!!!" warnings per session.

In the future social needs to a server browser section. 343 can host some "featured" servers where they highlight the gametypes and maps they want, but the community could also do the same. I imagine Forge Hub & BTB pistol starts, & Classic Maps/Settings servers would be some of the more popular ones. the community could keep their playlists upto date and respond to balance issues much quicker than 343 could.

They have over 400 people working now at 343i. I don't understand why they can't hire 1 or 2 matchmaking overseers, which change the Playlists more often than every 3 months and also do stuff like Double Exp Weekends. An other aspect that Bungie did better 10 years ago.

Also, you don't want to give players control over a server in official matchmaking. They can and will take advantage of it, if given the opportunity and kick/ban people left and right for the dumbest reasons. This should really remain in Custom Games only, although I really like the idea, since 343i just takes too long to react to anything really.

Trup1aya

Also, you don't want to give players control over a server in official matchmaking. They can and will take advantage of it, if given the opportunity and kick/ban people left and right for the dumbest reasons. This should really remain in Custom Games only, although I really like the idea, since 343i just takes too long to react to anything really.

I wasn't suggesting handing matchmaking over to the community. 343 would have their own official servers, where they would host their "official playlists". I'd imagine that one of the capabilities of the server system, would be for the host to set it to use MM or use JiP for creating games using a host-defined playlist. 343 official servers would be set to MM only, and would be the only ones to offer xp, RP, commondations etc...

Given a more powerful browsing system, I think customs would quickly overtake the official 343 social playlists in popularity. Either that or 343 could see what maps and modes are already ready for official matchmaking just by glancing at what's going on custom servers, and react more efficiently.

I think their are other opportunities for engaging the community too. Like pro teams/ orgs could host servers so they could readily interact with their fans or even hold tournaments and giveaways to official members of their server, for example.

Akai__

I wasn't suggesting handing matchmaking over to the community. 343 would have their own official servers, where they would host their "official playlists". I'd imagine that one of the capabilities of the server system, would be for the host to set it to use MM or use JiP for creating games using a host-defined playlist. 343 official servers would be set to MM only, and would be the only ones to offer xp, RP, commondations etc...

But you said in Social, so I thought you meant in official MM?

Trup1aya

But you said in Social, so I thought you meant in official MM?

I'm saying i think 'Social' should evolve into a system that houses 343s "official MM servers" and the servers that the community can host and curate, rather than just 343 curated content.

Akai__

I'm saying i think 'Social' should evolve into a system that houses 343s "official MM servers" and the servers that the community can host and curate, rather than just 343 curated content.

Ah, I see. That sounds better and really like something that 343i should look into.

The game straight up hitched/froze/whatever for half a second, denying my melee and AR bullet opportunity. My inputs didn't occur until it was done hitching even though I put them in earlier. I had the guy dead to rights. Trust me, that team was garbo.

Aaah ok, I thought that was my phone struggling with the video!

IHaveIce

Banned
Aaah ok, I thought that was my phone struggling with the video!

nah this happened to me 3 times yesterday and I thought my Xbox was going down, kinda glad to see it is a game issue..

but it needs to be fixed.

Also went 21-0 yesterday in doubles because I'm only playing with a friend (Semmy W, Elzar knows) and I get players on his skill level, it is hilarious

TCKaos

I think that in Halo 6 343 should really attempt to refine their armor offering. The chest pieces are too indistinct and the helmets are... bad. Like, just bad.

Most of the helmets in Halo 4 and Halo 5 look like shitty Halloween costumes, thrown together mish-mashes of random shapes. They look nothing like military equipment from any remotely grounded sci-fi setting.

I only have limited time to game and currently too many games to play to bother with Halo. I'll put in the occasional game here and there, but if there's such a high demand for spots in the SC you can just go ahead and kick me out.

Gonna be funny to see the reactions for those folk who contributed a lot through all commendations (including getting the armor) and then end up being kicked at the end for the helm because of less playtime.

I might get kicked cause the mm is horrible in slayer/social and i have all my reqs so wwff isnt appealing anymore.
So my drive is gone to play warzone as we need marine kills. It looks more like torture than fun now.

Trup1aya

Gonna be funny to see the reactions for those folk who contributed a lot through all commendations (including getting the armor) and then end up being kicked at the end for the helm because of less playtime.

I might get kicked cause the mm is horrible in slayer/social and i have all my reqs so wwff isnt appealing anymore.
So my drive is gone to play warzone as we need marine kills. It looks more like torture than fun now.

Have you played warzone since they re-tiered the reqs on Friday. It's pretty damn fun tbh.

BizzyBum

I mean, now that the reddit thread has died down we probably aren't going to get a lot more new people to join so most people are probably safe.

Also for anyone who doesn't know there's a HWC online qualifier at 3:30pm PST today. I assume most people don't know considering some teams even were unaware for the first one.

To be fair, the effort to get the armor is maybe 1/10th of the effort required just to finish lvl 5 of the commendations.

To be fair, the effort to get the armor is maybe 1/10th of the effort required just to finish lvl 5 of the commendations.

Right but ppl still contributed after that too. Its a mixed bag and just basing off playtime in the tail end is conflicting to me.

I believe some folk have anmesty too. Like they havent played forever but are a "loved" member so they get ro stay. I looked at it like 3 weeks ago and swear i seen ppls names on there that havent posted in ot5 since i can remember.

I'm trying not to play favorites. I do see a few familiar faces, so I gave them a heads up, but if space becomes premium I will kick them. The queue is empty right now so everyone is safe for the time being. If and when I need to make space, it'll be the people that haven't played since November that will get the boot. No one here has anything to worry about.

So my box finally tried to get the new dash while I was sleeping, and something fucked up and I got the E203 error and now I have to go through this offline update troubleshooting tool and all this shit to unbrick my One...

I wish my only issue was a slow download :(

I'm trying not to play favorites. I do see a few familiar faces, so I gave them a heads up, but if space becomes premium I will kick them. The queue is empty right now so everyone is safe for the time being. If and when I need to make space, it'll be the people that haven't played since November that will get the boot. No one here has anything to worry about.

Good guy gringo :)

Shit man, I'm sorry. That blows.

I certainly try anyway

Hey! What do you know!? Offline update caused another error! YAY!

So I follow the troubleshooting steps and it says "Your xbox needs to be repaired. Click here to do that shit"

Then, because fuck that shit, I found my way back to the troubleshooting tool and tried a factory reset. WHAT A SURPRISE! That worked like a charm and even put me on the new update!

Jesus, xbox. Update your support page, that shit is garbage.

I barely play Xbox right know. I had some problems and I lost all interest in playing.
But some things are gonna change in a week and I might start playing again.
But if you need space for some new people that's alright. I have some of you added so that's what is important from me if I want to play with you guys, I don't care for the helmet.

Madness

Especially when you are part of the company since launch... No offense to Gringo but he's admin because Elzar didn't want to do it and gave it the first person asked but I played daily for months at launch while he was playing for HaloSlaent. Unless there are dozens and dozens of people from HaloGAF or even GAF wanting to join, why kick so many? It is a year and several months from launch, of course there aren't going to be as many playing. If some of you guys wanted the helmet so bad, it would've made sense for you to actually leave the company and go poopsock with the thousand companies looking for daily players who have already gotten the helmet.

Otherwise you will have kicked most people who post here but don't play, kicked people who played daily for months but don't play and then bring on randoms. I am not saying I contributed much at all, someone like ExWife has probably singlehandedly carried the company to several commendations. But still it is a HaloGAF spartan company etc. I would even bring Tashi back even if he queued in menus because he belongs with HaloGAF. On a side note, was banned for two weeks in off-topic. Moderation now feels more like hurt feelings of mods or things they don't like rather than actual terms of service violations. Probably learned from Heckfu.

Especially when you are part of the company since launch... No offense to Gringo but he's admin because Elzar didn't want to do it and gave it the first person asked but I played daily for months at launch while he was playing for HaloSlaent. Unless there are dozens and dozens of people from HaloGAF or even GAF wanting to join, why kick so many? It is a year and several months from launch, of course there aren't going to be as many playing. If some of you guys wanted the helmet so bad, it would've made sense for you to actually leave the company and go poopsock with the thousand companies looking for daily players who have already gotten the helmet.

Otherwise you will have kicked most people who post here but don't play, kicked people who played daily for months but don't play and then bring on randoms. I am not saying I contributed much at all, someone like ExWife has probably singlehandedly carried the company to several commendations. But still it is a HaloGAF spartan company etc. I would even bring Tashi back even if he queued in menus because he belongs with HaloGAF. On a side note, was banned for two weeks in off-topic. Moderation now feels more like hurt feelings of mods or things they don't like rather than actual terms of service violations. Probably learned from Heckfu.

There's a few of us that actually want to complete the commendations for HaloGAF cause we're, you know, HaloGAF? It's not all about the helmet. And I get some people have been day one with the company, but if they haven't played since August, I really don't feel bad removing them. They want back in? Great, they can hop the queue. I'm not wild about bringing in outsiders, but if they're going to speed up the process, awesome. You're typing as though I'm removing everyone so that the company is going to be 80% outsiders and the rest a handful of Gaffers. No.

TCKaos

I mean, to what end is it fair to those of us that play every week if we can't get rid of the people that can't be bothered to play more than once a month?

Madness

There's a few of us that actually want to complete the commendations for HaloGAF cause we're, you know, HaloGAF? It's not all about the helmet. And I get some people have been day one with the company, but if they haven't played since August, I really don't feel bad removing them. They want back in? Great, they can hop the queue. I'm not wild about bringing in outsiders, but if they're going to speed up the process, awesome. You're typing as though I'm removing everyone so that the company is going to be 80% outsiders and the rest a handful of Gaffers. No.

If you compare the amount of people Ram booted and now you, you'll probably see the sheer number of actual HaloGAF members that were removed. It is ALL about that helmet, otherwise what is the point? With clubs, numerous threads on Reddit looking for teams to play with, you have numerous options to find people to play with daily. The sole reason for removing people who have posted for years here or even played daily for months near launch is to get the helmet quicker.

I haven't played since the new season started. Otherwise I was ranked for the previous one. Not really august either.

I mean, to what end is it fair to those of us that play every week if we can't get rid of the people that can't be bothered to play more than once a month?

I mean was the company about the players who post here and play Halo even regularly or only those who poopsock for several hours daily? I just don't have time to game, and when I do it is pretty much only Halo. They moved me to Preview Ring 4 for Insiders because I am just barely on. Working almost 60 hours a week, plus saving up for wedding, house, don't have time to play 3 hours daily, I am lucky if I can even play on the weekend and have no other work to do around the house. But to prevent myself from being kicked, I will play and rank again and try to at least get a few matches in. This has probably been the worst Halo game for solo queuing and after MCC I lost a lot of ACTUAL real life friends and family who played Halo regularly. I think I am the last who started with H2 on live who still plays Halo amongst all my friends and family.

Top Bottom