• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Ade

I have all kinds of grandiose hopes for the H6 campaign, and yeah, not ditching Osiris entirely is part of them. There's a lot of potential there.

Yup let me pick a fireteam for missions comprised of Blue, Osiris, Castle, Crimson and co. (and Apollo heh)

Fuchsdh

Yup let me pick a fireteam for missions comprised of Blue, Osiris, Castle, Crimson and co. (and Apollo heh)

I do kind of hope that H6 campaign leans into the hub world concept that we didn't ultimately get for H5. The status quo shift with the Created is such an awesome opportunity to explore new parts of the universe and with different factions and playable characters. Even if the ultimate goal is "get everybody on the same team to fight Cortana", you could play it out a la a Wings of Liberty style campaign where you have different systems and different campaigns with a story that wouldn't necessarily have to be played in order.

AlStrong

I did this four years ago, but that only goes to CEA.

I think the OG Halo 1 split-screen number is 1 degree low; when I did this test, I hadn't yet figured out how to precisely compensate for perspective distortion in counted frames. It *should* be closer to 109.

The Halo 2 numbers are probably the least precise. For some reason the measurements just weren't perfectly stable. I think they're still within a degree or two, though.

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I haven't measured it.

Thanks!

Dat CE co-op.

Wonder why they were so stingy on Halo 3.

I should really go take some more measurements. But before I do that I'll have to look back through my scribbles... my perspective distortion stuff was implemented on my TI-83, and then the memory got wiped.

lol
XD

Ran into my first group of Warzone farmers last night, and it really sucked. Tried to fight back by taking some bases at the start, but it didn't matter. Had to quit after about 8 mins. What a sham.

Ade

Ran into my first group of Warzone farmers last night, and it really sucked. Tried to fight back by taking some bases at the start, but it didn't matter. Had to quit after about 8 mins. What a sham.

Had some matches against a French premade last weekend, on WZ Assault.

8 Wasps spawn klilling me isn't fun :/

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You know 343i, when I pick "Focused", that means "don't fucking match me with people playing in Australia or on DSL, causing me to lag so badly I get kicked and lose my RP boost".

I am so fucking sick of getting kicked from Warzone matches because of other people's shitternet. And before anyone says it's on my end:

5626576612.png

I have that exact same internet speed and provider and I can tell you without any fear of error, that my internet and my neighbors (and half of Seattle online apparently) has been total unreliable garbage for weeks.

Comcast says there's nothing going on, but it magically improves when you call.

Speaking of Tanaka, and Osiris in general, I do hope that 343i doesn't throw them to the wayside because of the fans' complaining about their overbearing presence in Halo 5's Campaign. I hope Osiris, Palmer, and Gabriel continue to be developed, and used to represent the Spartan IVs in general.

Halo 6, they become the Nathan Fillion Squad.

Plus some of Arby's dudes.

I'd love if Halo 6 added another 4-player team consisting of Arby, Rtas, N'tho, and Usze.

I have that exact same internet speed and provider and I can tell you without any fear of error, that my internet and my neighbors (and half of Seattle online apparently) has been total unreliable garbage for weeks.

Comcast says there's nothing going on, but it magically improves when you call.

That's very helpful, thanks for the advice. I'll give them a call.

My main problem though is that this isn't a "once in a blue moon" deal. It's something that happens a lot, and only with Halo 5. I play a lot of multiplayer games in addition to Halo, like Destiny, Evolve, Call of Duty, and so on. The only one in which I am consistently disconnected at least a few times per week is Halo 5.

(That said, I'm sorry for the profanity; I'm definitely prone to outbursts when frustrated)

Finally got to go back to Halo after a few months without it, and WOW, 343i has done a lot of work on the game. Firefight is my favorite WZ gametype, and some of the new Arena maps are great. I like the Sangheili Haven remake, especially.

What's on the horizon for future updates for the game?

Hey isn't the update already live? I've got a few Wicked Grasp REQ's

Yeah, Anvil's Legacy has been live for a while. That's the teaser for the next update. Or maybe a toy.

We're not actually sure what's coming in the next update, since a lot of the Halo 5 Forge leaks paint to several updates worth of content in the coming months. We're not even sure if all of it is actually coming; some of it might just be cut content (while other items, like the Hannibal Wasp, have already been glimpsed in trailers).

Yeah, Anvil's Legacy has been live for a while. That's the teaser for the next update. Or maybe a toy.

We're not actually sure what's coming in the next update, since a lot of the Halo 5 Forge leaks paint to several updates worth of content in the coming months. We're not even sure if all of it is actually coming; some of it might just be cut content (while other items, like the Hannibal Wasp, have already been glimpsed in trailers).

Cool, thanks for the info :)

I really want to go up against a Grunt Gundam (Grundam?) in Firefight, but haven't yet. Are they in FF yet?

Mistel

Banned
Cool, thanks for the info :)

I really want to go up against a Grunt Gundam (Grundam?) in Firefight, but haven't yet. Are they in FF yet?
The grunt mechs are in FF have been for a little while but as it is luck of draw they seem to be weighted quite low compared to other bosses.

Kibbles

Why do I get random silver and gold packs after firefight games?

Not that I'm complaining, I'd just like to figure out how to get the most possible

Soo uh is bookmarks and the actual browser just broken for everyone else too? Like I can't get past page one of any of my book marks and it just crashes if I do the same on "Most liked" pretty annoying.

Lost a game 49-50, I wasn't annoyed until I saw that one of my teammates had 600 damage. 600 damage from a full game. Pretty much a 3v4 at the point.

wwm0nkey

Someone figured out how to improve the mouse a decent amount

Plug in a controller, and go to the controller settings.
Turn the deadzones all the way down.
Adjust controller sensitivity to max, you'll have to lower your mouse sensitivity afterwards.
Turn acceleration all the way down.

Strider

Someone figured out how to improve the mouse a decent amount

Plug in a controller, and go to the controller settings.
Turn the deadzones all the way down.
Adjust controller sensitivity to max, you'll have to lower your mouse sensitivity afterwards.
Turn acceleration all the way down.

This kinda confirms what I was speculating I think...?

I was thinking the sluggish feeling of the mouse is caused by a lack of proper mouse input but instead you're just emulating an analog stick. Kinda like how it would be if you plugged in a kb/m adapter into your console. Just my theory I haven;t even tried kb/m myself on Forge PC.

But I can't really think of any other reason the controller settings would matter for mouse input.

This kinda confirms what I was speculating I think...?

I was thinking the sluggish feeling of the mouse is caused by a lack of proper mouse input but instead you're just emulating an analog stick. Kinda like how it would be if you plugged in a kb/m adapter into your console. Just my theory I haven;t even tried kb/m myself on Forge PC.

But I can't really think of any other reason the controller settings would matter for mouse input.

If the mouse is merely emulating the stick, then changing stick settings affecting the mouse totally make sense.

BHK3

Banned
Asking here since its the only xbox topic I ever see, if you get a xb1 game digitally do you still need to patch it after it's done? I got my xb1s today with H5 but having a 45 gb install than a 46 gb patch...this is hell

Asking here since its the only xbox topic I ever see, if you get a xb1 game digitally do you still need to patch it after it's done? I got my xb1s today with H5 but having a 45 gb install than a 46 gb patch...this is hell

Yeah they should warn you about that... Halo 5 is over 90gb now with all the updates and new content.

This game has so much armor, yet I have a hard time finding anything I like because most of it is horrible.

I can't ever settle on an armor set because none of them feel quite right. When I get Technician, Copperhead, or Heljumper, I'll stick with one of those, but in the meantime I shift between Shinobi, Locus, Indomitable, Mark-IV, Helioskrill, and Hunter.

It helps that Helioskrill is the first armor set when I pull up the appearance tab. That UI is awful, so I'm a lot more inclined to just pick the first cool armor set I come across than I am to actually bother scrolling through 200+ sets of "meh" to "oh dear god no" armor.

Noble and Mark VI all the way. Can't stand the rest unless I somehow pulled a Helljumper.

28 Gold packs to go, and I still don't have the Halo 2 Battle Rifle or Helljumper.

I'm not sure how the drops work, but I'm pretty sure some Legendary drops are weighted more heavily than others. It'd certainly explain why I have so many visors.

This game has so much armor, yet I have a hard time finding anything I like because most of it is horrible.

Seriously.. even the coolest helm doesn't look good with any other armor piece.

I go between Wrath and Shinobi heartless now.

Whenever we get the helm for achilles, ill switch to that.. maybe lol

m23

28 Gold packs to go, and I still don't have the Halo 2 Battle Rifle or Helljumper.

I'm not sure how the drops work, but I'm pretty sure some Legendary drops are weighted more heavily than others. It'd certainly explain why I have so many visors.

How do you check how many packs you have left to go?

Fuchsdh

How do you check how many packs you have left to go?

If you filled out the spreadsheets people made it calculates how many packs you have left.

I stopped bothering with it once I got through silver packs, but yeah I'm missing Buck's helmet, MkIV, the H2BR, and the load out magnum with extended mags... basically the last four things I want. The game knows it.

That, or it's my penance for getting all the DMRs so early.

m23

If you filled out the spreadsheets people made it calculates how many packs you have left.

I stopped bothering with it once I got through silver packs, but yeah I'm missing Buck's helmet, MkIV, the H2BR, and the load out magnum with extended mags... basically the last four things I want. The game knows it.

That, or it's my penance for getting all the DMRs so early.

I see, thanks. I just have gold packs left, and I only recently got the h2br. I just hope I'm close.

lol totally agree. I have tons of them and everytime i put another one on, i find it uglier than what i use now. Really not great designs.

I feel the same way about most of their skins. Theyre mostly ugly to the point where i rather keep my gun black.

Fuchsdh

The REQ selection should have collapsed armor variants into the base armor to make it easier to find stuff. Having them scattered makes it feel more confusing than it really is.

Top Bottom