• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

I was gonna make a mega post about all the changes I wanna see for H6 but I'm too lazy.

Anyways one part I would have included is Armor REQ changes.

What I would do is scrap every variant of armor. So no more duplicate armor that looks slightly different. But then there would be too few REQs right? Well then I would split the armor even further to be: helmet, right arm, left arm, torso, legs. Now we padded out the REQ system, while ensuring that each new REQ you get is unique.

On top of this, I would add an additional customization element called "decal" with various designs you can put on any full set of armor. So instead of having one armor set, and then the same armor set with flames (how the REQ system currently is), you can put the "flame decal" on any armor set you have.

Again, padding out the REQ system, while never feeling like you're getting the same shit over and over.

Karl2177

Something I thought was interesting is how your emblem no longer appears on your Spartan. I wonder if it's a change in how they render the Spartans or if it has to do with emblems essentially becoming player cards.

It is a nightmare to find helmets/armor you want if you have a lot, the customization tab and REQ collection uses different sorting method, and on Chinese version which I play on the REQ collection interfaces follows no known logic...

REQs really need to be better organized. There's some really obvious stuff, like stuffing variants under the overall armor types, but frankly even alphabetical listing would be appreciated.

Asking here since its the only xbox topic I ever see, if you get a xb1 game digitally do you still need to patch it after it's done? I got my xb1s today with H5 but having a 45 gb install than a 46 gb patch...this is hell

Digitally, no it just downloads the latest version of the patched game. Discs install what's on the disk and download the latest update, which as games become more and more service based will make that more of a pain.

So, on an emotional level; i think 343 could bring me the emotion that bungie did, they just need a decent writing team.

hell i got emotional watching the Rise of Iron trailer, but the only time i got emotional in all of 343halo is the cortana cutscene in 4 and the end of the first blue team mission in 5.

Sanjuro

Yes! Finally unlocked the pizza rifle.

iXbhgr0.gif

Cranster

Banned
Dear 343

Please hire the Reach armor designers. Kisses.

The Flash 8)
or just port over the Halo: Reach armors to Halo 6.

I'd argue that some of the designs in Halo 5 were an improvement over Halo 4. But they are still vastly inferior than Bungies armor designs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I see it mentioned, but fall season of the halo championship series kicks off on twitch/halo at 4:30 pacific. Good time to jump in and start following.

belushy

Banned
Was considering making a gaming side OT for the second season of the pro league but then I remember its gaming side and they love/hate Halo randomly every other day.

Today is appareantly Halo: Reach's birthday.

Appareantly it starts at 4:30pm PDT. EU was at 11:30pm, but I saw no cast nor do I know the Gamertags of people playing, so I didn't spectate anybody. 343i's communication skills strike again.

Via Twitch: Picture

Your picture says 1130am PDT. Are you sure you were watching at the right time (aka 2 hrs ago-ish)?

EDIT: Just checked and twitch.tv/halo's last broadcast was on Sep 6. GG 343. #Soon #Transparency #NeverAnyStreamIssues #HCSListensToPlayersAndFans

Akai__

Your picture says 1130am PDT. Are you sure you were watching at the right time (aka 2 hrs ago-ish)?

EDIT: Just checked and twitch.tv/halo's last broadcast was on Sep 6. GG 343. #Soon #Transparency #NeverAnyStreamIssues #HCSListensToPlayersAndFans

Yeah, I checked the game directory on Twitch and saw nothing. Tuned in on the Halo channel and they weren't hosting or broadcasting anything. :(

The REQ selection should have collapsed armor variants into the base armor to make it easier to find stuff. Having them scattered makes it feel more confusing than it really is.

Yeah, it's something the Halo series could've benefited from early on, once they start introducing tons of different armor sets. It's a bit of a Reach, but I feel like condensing armor variants under the primary armor piece has been done before.

Yeah, I checked the game directory on Twitch and saw nothing. Tuned in on the Halo channel and they weren't hosting or broadcasting anything. :(

Welp, according to this twitter convo, it's been postponed due to "regional network issues" as of many hours ago. But this revelation was only posted on ESL's site/twitter, not Halo or HCS twitter or halo.gg.

#Communication #Professionalism
#LazyDevs :)

belushy

Banned
Optic just dropped the entire Halo roster, and Maniac is going to retire after the roster transfer period in 2 weeks.

edit: And yup they did this the day the pro league started....

belushy

Banned
Its long overdue but he should have forced change in the offseason instead of letting them fuck around after the relegation. They will stick together, at least. Maybe Renegades or C9 picks them up but they need to not look like shit for the first few weeks. I think the team picks up Stellur at the transfer period.

Glass

Optic just dropped the entire Halo roster, and Maniac is going to retire after the roster transfer period in 2 weeks.

edit: And yup they did this the day the pro league started....

Holy shit. But about time. Maniac was not the guy who was going to turn any squad around.
I get the feeling he's always had a natural ability for shooters, but H5 just demands so much more coordination and next level tactics to master at professional level.

Glass

Watching the episode now, the feels are flowing at the beginning of the episode.

This is great for Halo though.

Did CLG sell the team or did OG take them out from under their noses?

belushy

Banned
Watching the episode now, the feels are flowing at the beginning of the episode.

This is great for Halo though.

Did CLG sell the team or did OG take them out from under their noses?

No idea. Wonder if they're contracts with CLG expired. I bet they just sold the team though. Wonder why CLG would want out of Halo :(

Optic: " fuck it if we cant beat 'em buy 'em

This is great! With a brand like optic behind the best halo team nothing stops this train.

For the greater good!!!
aFhWSah.gif

watch as the optic curse ruins them

Akai__

CLG finally posted the official announcement. They mentioned they wanted to focus on other titles and expanding in new games.

http://clgaming.net/news/793

Appreciate what CLG has done for Halo and wish them good luck. Sometimes you gotta make a tough call.

Guy on my team went 3-16 with 789 damage, good times.

3-16 is not good, but damage calculation is still broken anyways. Most useless stat in Halo 5. Really surprised they didn't fixed it yet.

I have the feeling that it has to do with persons death. Friend managed to do a coupple Perfections on Team Doubles and he had 200 damage with 15+ kills and 0 deaths obviously. While I had between 8-10 with 2 deaths and had over 2000 damage. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it is, but every time we test it, it doesn't make any sense.

Even told Snip3down about it and he wouldn't believe it at first, but then he went ahead and tested it and said I was right. That was like 5 months ago.

Sanjuro

Sent a request for the spartan company thing. Is that the primary method people use to play on here? Feel like not nearly as many people are active.

belushy

Banned
Sent a request for the spartan company thing. Is that the primary method people use to play on here? Feel like not nearly as many people are active.

Yeah to be honest I don't care for my Xbox anymore now that Halo 5 forge is on PC. Gonna keep it for now since the its the best way to change emblem and armor for the PC spartan. Once other features like the customs browser and fov slider come in, I'll just sell my Xbox.

edit: I enjoyed the campaign but it isn't very replayable for me, and I really like Warzone and Warzone firefight but I can do without them to get the core arena experience on PC. Hoping they also add spectator mode and theater at some point.

Top Bottom