• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

There's little reason not to play super defensive in Halo 5, and like I've been saying for a while, you're going to see this more and more as teams embrace a super defensive meta. Radar could use that change imo.

And of course, it's a matter of taste. The commentary was positive on that front, how slowing the game down to a crawl is a good strategy, but imo it's not really fun to play when a good deal of gameplay boils down to that, especially in matchmaking.

EDIT:
How would you suggest radar be altered for Arena? I don't dedicate a lot of time to those modes anymore, so I'm not too familiar with how it could benefit from being changed.
I think the best change they could make to it right now is to have it be based on Spartan Abilities and when you shoot. So whenever you sprint, ground pound, clamber, stabilize and shoot, you'll appear on the radar. For walking at normal speed, you wouldn't. I'd like for them to try that out.

There's little reason not to play super defensive in Halo 5, and like I've been saying for a while, you're going to see this more and more as teams embrace a super defensive meta. Radar could use that change imo.

And of course, it's a matter of taste. The commentary was positive on that front, how slowing the game down to a crawl is a good strategy, but imo it's not really fun to play when a good deal of gameplay boils down to that, especially in matchmaking.

How would you suggest radar be altered for Arena? I don't dedicate a lot of time to those modes anymore, so I'm not too familiar with how it could benefit from being changed.

Cranster

Banned
For me it's a simple fix, increase the range a bit but bring it back to the Halo 1-3 motion tracker. That way it doesn't give hints as to if the player is above or bellow you so camping in corner may not be effective and vehicles only appear as larger blips which means you don't know what vehicle the enemy has automatically.

For me it's a simple fix, increase the range a bit but bring it back to the Halo 1-3 motion tracker. That way it doesn't give hints as to if the player is above or bellow you so camping in corner may not be effective and vehicles only appear as larger blips which means you don't know what vehicle the enemy has automatically.

Works for me, think you've described one of my main issues with Arena, the maps + movement + smaller radar equate to split second timing when you notice someone. If you have a bad regional connection there's little point to radar. The WZ radar radius in Arena would be preferable.

It happened.

3m36Vnj.png

Now, can someone tell me the advantages of using this over a regular battle rifle?

It happened.

Now, can someone tell me the advantages of using this over a regular battle rifle?

Bullet magnetism? It's so much easier to land shots with e.g. headshots or damage areas on a Phaeton. Also for firefight put on the extra ammo armour mod and you get 200+ bullets with some real damage. You can fight fully shielded elites out in the open 1v1 and win.

Bullet magnetism? It's so much easier to land shots with e.g. headshots or damage areas on a Phaeton. Also for firefight put on the extra ammo armour mod and you get 200+ bullets with some real damage. You can fight fully shielded elites out in the open 1v1 and win.

Ooooooooooooh. It was worth the wait, then!

mo60

Why I'm I playing Bronze? I don't think I'm that bad!

The worst I have seen in arena is bronze players against plat players. I don't think I have seen a bronze player in the same match as an onxy player.That match must have been really terrible for that bronze player.

Also, I just recognized that I may have played against a godly smurf account a few days ago. Dude got over 25 kills in the match he faced my team in.

TCKaos

From a narrative standpoint that would mean that it doesn't really track motion but sound which, honestly, would technically make more sense. However, that would also mean that the motion tracker is more of a highly visually practical sonar readout that is able to exactly render the object in motion but not its surroundings, which still makes no sense.

Or wait, would that mean that vertical tracking is justified? Shouldn't it be roughly able to render some representation of the map on the HUD, or would that information be specifically omitted?

Really it would make more sense, mechanically and narratively, if the enemy was represented by a Doom-esque motion tracker while the one we're familiar with is used for allies, since we have their IFF tags and I guess that means that we'd know exactly where they are relative to ourselves, but we wouldn't know exactly where the enemy is.

But then how are enemy IFF tags justified in the narrative now? If it does track motion and somehow visualizes that alongside IFF tag positions, how does it render the enemy movement the same way it does the IFF tag movement? Wouldn't it be like a cloud of potential movement? Are we tracking enemy IFF tag movement? Then what the fuck is the point of the motion tracker? Couldn't you just render the IFF tag position via waypoint? How does the Covenant IFF technology (assuming they have that, which they must, since Elites had it in 2/3/Reach) work? How does it interface with Human IFF technology? Barring the presence of faction specific IFF signal jamming technology, shouldn't each faction know the troop movements of the other given their use of this apparently compatible technology?

I've only had two drinks.

It's finally here! :D thank you very much for all your help FATstronaut in case you guys didn't knew the Halo lootcrates don't ship to Mexico so he helped me from the beginning by sending him the crate to his house and then going to the USPS to ship it to me, he also hasn't opened his crate because he is waiting for me, that's amazing thank you again brother :')

No problem man! Glad it got there safe. I was getting kind of worried lol :D

Are you going to do an unboxing? Edit: Just saw that you already did it! Nice!

Akai__

Sorry belushy, passed out at like 4am. Haha

The downtime from E6 forfeiting the 1st game and a player dropping out of game 2 did it for me. Now onto watching the rest.

Are you *really* surprised, though? I mean, shit, we just got exterminations triggering and even those don't work right (fuck if sayonara will ever work).

Yeah, I've told Kampy before I think. But people forget for some reason (don't know how/why when they play the game every day).

#Professional #HCS #BlameTashi #343CommunicationSkills

Unlike Extermination's/Sayonara's this is a stat they always bring up, so it kinda is surprising, but it also isn't, because of the reasons you mentioned.

Sometimes I feel like we are the only ones mentioining/seeing that damage is broken. We probably need multiple extreme cases, where a Pro has a good amount of kills, but ~200 damage. Won't happen in online play, since they can't see stats.

The worst I have seen in arena is bronze players against plat players. I don't think I have seen a bronze player in the same match as an onxy player.That match must have been really terrible for that bronze player.

Also, I just recognized that I may have played against a godly smurf account a few days ago. Dude got over 25 kills in the match he faced my team in.

Yeah, I just played against a champ three, onyx +2100, and their smurf friends. I'm assuming they are doing this to get games. You don't lose that much fighting them. I lost like two CSR, but getting shit on every other game isn't fun.

i'm happy for liquid, i'm a Spartan fan... dude is doing a lot for the scene with all his streaming and he's playing really well.
seems like a good bloke, too.

Yeah, I just played against a champ three, onyx +2100, and their smurf friends. I'm assuming they are doing this to get games. You don't lose that much fighting them. I lost like two CSR, but getting shit on every other game isn't fun.

Its even better when you are matched up with a Champ and his friend on a Bronze account who plays better than all the Diamonds in the game!!!

Trup1aya

Despite a few technical hurdles in the beginning, this presentation was much better than last season. Everything from the commentating to the info graphics, to the interviews, the intermission videos and analysis, ESL stepped their game up.

E6 is despicable though. they intentionally threw the series because ESL wouldn't let them cheat the roster lock.

Karl2177

Why are there new OT's in neogaf? Threads have page limits?
In the old days the database would throw index errors somewhere around 20000 ish posts. It can handle more now, but tradition continued. Fun fact though, if you try to search the Halo 3 thread, some posts simply won't return in the search.

EDIT:
I think the best change they could make to it right now is to have it be based on Spartan Abilities and when you shoot. So whenever you sprint, ground pound, clamber, stabilize and shoot, you'll appear on the radar. For walking at normal speed, you wouldn't. I'd like for them to try that out.

I love your thoughts Funknown.

Good stuff man.

It's finally here! :D thank you very much for all your help FATstronaut in case you guys didn't knew the Halo lootcrates don't ship to Mexico so he helped me from the beginning by sending him the crate to his house and then going to the USPS to ship it to me, he also hasn't opened his crate because he is waiting for me, that's amazing thank you again brother :')

Fat is cool peeps

Strider

That radar change has been suggested for a looong time now.

But much like BTB pistol starts it isnt gonna happen

:(

Multi-team with pistols on the BTB maps was sooooo fun too and so many people praised it.

Stinkles PLEEEEAAAASE

That radar change has been suggested for a looong time now.

But much like BTB pistol starts it isnt gonna happen

:(

Multi-team with pistols on the BTB maps was sooooo fun too and so many people praised it.

Stinkles PLEEEEAAAASE

It baffles me that they won't even try the hybrid radar. No one like playing/watching games where people are constantly crouching around

Ade

Image request

As I have the artistic ability of a dead squirrel, someone PM some good HaloGAF background imagery for the club please.

Scaled to look decent on a TV. Cheers

Top Bottom