• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Thanks teammate :(

UIMj40RjrbnuE.gif

This is hilarious, what a prick!
And I love how you wildly spray the AR, don't think a single bullet hit... You could be a bad guy in an action movie! :)

jem0208

Just discovered my controller is ever so slightly broken. Basically the left stick click doesn't register if I'm holding forward at the same time. Fucks with sliding and crouch jumping.

It's not quite bad enough that I can justify spending the money on a new controller but it's also highly annoying...

Started a custom game and it disconnects me. Okay

Is there a fix or do you just have to wait it out?

I just start up the app and switch controller profiles and see if it registers my paddle inputs. It's only happened to me a couple times, so hopefully it won't be an issue for you.

The biggest issue I have had is it loading the wrong profile in the middle of a game. That's a brain melting experience. You think something is wrong with you lol.

Wish my friend didn't want to play doubles in this shit game. We get the same map over and over with terrible connections. One of us usually gets disconnected a couple times a night. People one shot and getting shot in the mouth repeatedly and they just run away.

The worst offender to me is timing when we pick up a power up only to see it spawn in sometimes 10+ seconds late, which completely screws us over. Lovely.

What a terrible ass online experience. 343 needs to git gud at making games. Maybe I should make a montage of bull shit.

BizzyBum

When I play it's either Firefight, current social playlist rotation, or HCS.

Until they update the other ranked settings I'm not touching them.

jg4xchamp

Does this game still ban you for a bit after quitting a match too often; even when you are leaving well after the first or second person quit the team?

Because I'm not sitting through an ass whipping where my teammates left; namasayin?

BizzyBum

Does this game still ban you for a bit after quitting a match too often; even when you are leaving well after the first or second person quit the team?

Because I'm not sitting through an ass whipping where my teammates left; namasayin?

They just changed it so you can leave safely now if someone quits your team.

jem, where's that gif? lol
Finally got an account accepted!

Thought id stop by and say hello :)
Ayy, welcome! You just need to answer a couple of questions to finalize your application: Which Halo is your favorite, and why is it CE?

Congrats on the quick registration.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Richard simms, hello!

Am I the only one spoiled by the HAS playlist? I cant stand to play anything else with the old radar and ARs everywhere. I've been converted. I've seen the light. There is no going back.

Am I the only one spoiled by the HAS playlist? I cant stand to play anything else with the old radar and AT a everywhere. I've been converted. I've seen the light. There IS is no going back.

I don't play anything else anymore and I feel like garbage in the HCS playlist. The new radar is too good, they could still have a couple automatics on the map and I'd be fine with it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I go into slayer occasionally since going solo in HCS can be a pain.

Juat passed my 1000 game mark in Arena, I know a lot of you are way past that. Throw warzone on top of that and it is my most played Halo.

BTW while I'm working I'm listening to the Halo 4 soundtrack to be honest it is actually pretty good

It is, its not Marty but they had a pretty good direction going with the soundtrack. it just needed more classic flair and it would've been a great Halo soundtrack. I still listen to 4's soundtrack whenever I go into H5 firefight along with all the other Halo soundtracks.

Its Halo 5 and Wars 2 that are going in a terrible direction with the music.

Sai

Uh... Yeah, I thought Halo 5's was a step up from 4's. In fact, the tracks I enjoyed most from 4's were done by Kazuma Jinnouchi.

I mean Neil Davidge's work wasn't bad, just not as memorable. Both soundtracks still kinda have that generic action film feeling to it, it was just more apparent in 4 to me.

Would it trigger many people to say Halo 2 because of Halo 2?
Nah lol, I was jk, all Halo games are great in their own way. Halo 2 one-sided objectives with proximity chat were some of the best times.
Am I the only one spoiled by the HAS playlist? I cant stand to play anything else with the old radar and ARs everywhere. I've been converted. I've seen the light. There is no going back.
I wish that radar was applied everywhere else :[

Juan

Personal taste of course, but yeah, in my pov, the music in Halo 4 is way better than in Halo 5.

I do like some tracks in Halo 5, like Osiris Suite Act 1 & 4, Jameson Locke (I love this one) and Honor's Song, but for the other, they try to emulate Marty too much.

At least Halo 4 was very different with proper themes unique to this game, and even with a cinematic style, Neil Davidge gave a really unique touch to his work (like, I don't like very much 117 which is from Jinnouchi).

They can't be Marty, so at least, try to be 343.

Honest? yeah.

I mean mind, Kazuma did fix allot of stuff that Neil fucked up but overall, I can remember allot more of 4's soundtrack then 5's and I think that counts for something considering I listen to both pretty equally every week when I group up with friends.

Not to say that 5 didn't have some good tracks sprinkled in, fuck me if I didn't love that mantis remix, Blue Team, and some of the Osiris tracks.

Sai' comment rings true but its opposite to me, 4 felt more memorable then 5's overall generic action soundtrack.

Wars 2 is worse! while a few tracks rang back to Wars 1 the overall score was just blasting orchestral tunes that I can find in any Marvel movie soundtrack, nice but not memorable at all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i dont know about better, but i really did like how davidge's pieces sounded unique. they really accentuated the discovery of living forerunner worlds and prometheans. i would have liked that sound/theme to continue in 5.

https://media.giphy.com/media/CDJo4EgHwbaPS/giphy.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I feel like this is a torch passing moment.

H5 music was incredible, Marty worthy even for a couple of tracks. The campaign was definitely elevated by the soundtrack for so many moments. Still listen to some of the OST today.

I hate the Light is Green and think it sounds like Avengers music and Trials was wasted on The Breaking. That's all I really remember from Halo 5's OST.

I really need some examples please.

Some tracks are incredible, but we barely hear them during the campaign, except the annoying track called "Advent"

I did a easy/normal fly through replay and the music stuck out for me. I'll try to get some track names/moments together in the next few days.

Halo 5's music just sounds like Marvel super hero schlock to me. Constantly bombastic.

There's a couple good moments, but I largely find it boring and un-halo to my ears.

I still wish they would have taken a Metroid Prime approach and had Davidge tackle the soundscaping / ambient tracks, and then have Jinnouchi riff on top of Davidge's existing textures for "battle themes" or action setpieces. We got close with that beautiful little Metroid Prime-ass choir moment at the very start of Reunion, and Jinnouchi going full Inception for Osiris Suite, Act 4 / The Breaking's non-combat spaces, but otherwise the quiet-to-combat balance felt a little too choreographed to really accomplish something similar.

EDIT: Also, for anyone wanting a "refresher" on Halo 5's soundtrack, the four Osiris Suite tracks do a really great job of paraphrasing the game's entire arc

ryan299

Me and my friends loved og breakout. Then they added the shotgun, bad maps, and changed the flag capture point.

playing btb at the moment. Kid is 30-0 in a banshee to start the game. It has way too much health and every time someone tries to steal it he does a move and it cancels the hijack. Just crap

Also the spawns in this game are horrendeous.

BizzyBum

ske7ch had a twitter poll recently and the majority preferred og breakout and hate the current version so not sure why they don't just switch it back for the dozens that would play it and make them happy.

Me and my friends loved og breakout. Then they added the shotgun, bad maps, and changed the flag capture point.

playing btb at the moment. Kid is 30-0 in a banshee to start the game. It has way too much health and every time someone tries to steal it he does a move and it cancels the hijack. Just crap

You don't even have to do anything. You can't jack the banshee if it's vertical towards (and touching) the ground.

The vehicle is beyond broken.

It needs more Enya?

I swear to god, that one Enya song puts me right back onto Delta Halo.

I mean, that's a decent way of putting it. Enya's music knows when to be quiet and build up to something beautiful. Also an emphasis on strings, piano, and vocal layering in her music.

So, yeah. Apt comparison.

You don't even have to do anything. You can't jack the banshee if it's vertical towards (and touching) the ground.

The vehicle is beyond broken.

But Reddit told me this is okay. I love how I'm the first person they kill lol.

Fuchsdh

Wow... That's terrifying. The splash damage on the banshee looks absurd as well.

It's just the boost gauge. Doing the flip when you launch a banshee bomb, I get. Doing a side flip to evade after that, I get. But why can you still then boost for seconds after that and totally get out of the range of anyone else? People talk about stripping the banshee bomb entirely, et al, but I think the whole problem is that the boost gauge is way too permissive and lets people speed into position and then do flips with no penalty. It's so easy to bug out of a bad situation there's no effective way to punish a player for it unless you're in Warzone.

Top Bottom