• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

belushy

Banned
Apparently e6 offered to end the drama and pay Stellur the 3k, but Cratos stepped in and said he didn't want Stellur on the roster because Stellur was disrespectful.

Cratos also suggested that all of his actions were in the best interest of his team and org

Source: Cratos on his twitch stream

Cratos....

Steve-Carell-why-are-you-the-way-that-you-are.gif

What in the sweet merciful fuck is up with the hitching in this games multiplayer?

Im not talking about frame drops or lag. Im talking about full-second pauses, where the frame freezes and I can still the sounds around me continuing, and then jarring back to the action a second later.

This is the only game it happens in, and I know Im not the only one it happems to, since I see saved clips of it shared on my Xbox feed.

Its pretty much always Warzone or BTB from what I can tell

Strider

Apparently e6 offered to end the drama and pay Stellur the 3k, but Cratos stepped in and said he didn't want Stellur on the roster because Stellur was disrespectful.

Cratos also suggested that all of his actions were in the best interest of his team and org

smh

Cratos isn't so good he's not replaceable.... Eventually all other pro caliber players won't wanna team with anymore... and then what for him?

idk man.... Every scene needs an unlikable player ot two but he's going tooooo far with it.

Madness

Ever sport needs a heel/villain. Guy made a ton of money this year with worlds and the pro league so he doesn't even care about his small fine. I liked his tell it like it is speaking style, but the account recovery is a scum move, almost cheating. Needed a harsher penalty.

Akai__

Seems that way. I'm looking at more of his games. Every game he goes 0-XX.

Clear case then? Guess you will know whenever they are ranked and get 20 kills in Bronze matches for some mysterious reason.

Cratos has the nerve to call someone disrespectful, after all the shit he has pulled? LMFAO

If somebody else was in charge, and not the joke that the ESL is, he would be long gone in competetive Halo.

What in the sweet merciful fuck is up with the hitching in this games multiplayer?

Im not talking about frame drops or lag. Im talking about full-second pauses, where the frame freezes and I can still the sounds around me continuing, and then jarring back to the action a second later.

This is the only game it happens in, and I know Im not the only one it happems to, since I see saved clips of it shared on my Xbox feed.

Its pretty much always Warzone or BTB from what I can tell

It happens when people quit/join. It didn't use to happen until a few CUs back but yeah, that's how it is now.

I learned something today.

You can do absolutely NOTHING, nothing at all in firefight except run/ghost around the map, no kills and deaths, and still score higher then someone who legitimately tried and did his best, even got a legendary kill.

My slacker skills are MLG bros.

Why I did this I don't know, I just wanted to see how much in REQ level I could get by just doing nothing and this team of randos didn't leave me with allot of hope after the first round.

Sai

Ah. Well man is it irritating when youre in the middle of a firefight.
I had a Warzone Assault match the other day where folks on the enemy team were quitting and joining constantly because they were steadily losing. I was afraid to pull out any REQs because I thought sure I'd just be giving it to the enemy team with all the constant freezing.

I learned something today.

You can do absolutely NOTHING, nothing at all in firefight except run/ghost around the map, no kills and deaths, and still score higher then someone who legitimately tried and did his best, even got a legendary kill.

My slacker skills are MLG bros.

Why I did this I don't know, I just wanted to see how much in REQ level I could get by just doing nothing and this team of randos didn't leave me with allot of hope after the first round.

Reminds me of HLG days. Also while we're on FF this guy wins for top score.

Screenshot-Original.png

Esque7

Warzone games are still broken for me, what the hell is going on with this game?
Edit: Arena is too, just keep getting kicked out and having to reset the game. Well I'm done playing until this shit gets fixed.

Holy shit, so many mistakes and their opening dominance gave them so much buffer. Still, that final kill by Ninja :O

EDIT: 2 reverse sweeps today too. Good shit.

Played some custom games with some friends today. It was really fun but not enough players. Wish we could get a group playing customs every now and then cause it's super easy to find maps and types. Plus if we could get 12 people together for some warzone who knows what our company can get.

EYEL1NER

Played some custom games with some friends today. It was really fun but not enough players. Wish we could get a group playing customs every now and then cause it's super easy to find maps and types. Plus if we could get 12 people together for some warzone who knows what our company can get.
The Company was (possibly is, but aren't advertising it ITT) doing regular Warzone Saturdays and customs on some weekends too, also a bit of map testing. By the time I woke up every Saturday, everyone was always finished, so I missed out. It should be easy enough to get something going if you make it known ITT during the week.

The Company was (possibly is, but aren't advertising it ITT) doing regular Warzone Saturdays and customs on some weekends too, also a bit of map testing. By the time I woke up every Saturday, everyone was always finished, so I missed out. It should be easy enough to get something going if you make it known ITT during the week.
yeah I could never make it during warzone Saturdays but did do map testing once when I could and that was fun. Just don't think there are any of these things anymore and for the most part sometimes a decent group of us get together when we just so happen to be on.

Just want to know what would be most acceptable for them so we could get as many people as possible for some good halo fun. Finding custom game modes is so damn easy now and works a lot better aside from sometimes game mode settings not loading right and some scripting being broken. Like the reaper thing sometimes the reaper would bug out and be impossible to control or just not move.

only took the purchase of a new gaming monitor [ie - low-to-no input lag], but i did it - back to my [new] normal diamond tier.

feel blessed playing on this thing finally, barely ever dip below 50% accuracy now, had no idea how bad i had it before... [my samsung was like 30ms input lag, maybe more, at least a few noticeable frames]

Trup1aya

Are people free to leave teams yet?

Yeah, teams now have 1 month to submit a new roster. They are only allowed to replace one player.

This is going to be very interesting, because with the exception of LoL, all of the teams seem to be closely matched.

Stellur is clearly one of the better players in the league, but will he be able to land on a top 6 spot?

E6 is currently a top team, they been having great performances despite not even practicing together. In Stellur they are losing their best player, I don't see how they can benefit from this roster changes, unless they can lure another top player with the large salary. Str8 sick is a good free agent, but I don't think he will do what Stellur has been.

yeah I could never make it during warzone Saturdays but did do map testing once when I could and that was fun. Just don't think there are any of these things anymore and for the most part sometimes a decent group of us get together when we just so happen to be on.

Just want to know what would be most acceptable for them so we could get as many people as possible for some good halo fun. Finding custom game modes is so damn easy now and works a lot better aside from sometimes game mode settings not loading right and some scripting being broken. Like the reaper thing sometimes the reaper would bug out and be impossible to control or just not move.

I imagine that the upcoming Club and LFG features on XBL should make this a bit easier as well. I'll probably be on for a couple hours tomorrow night (Europe) and I'd love to team up! Played BTB with two friends last night and we had a blast!

Akai__

Since achievement rarity dropped with the latest Xbox One preview update I found this interesting to share. Note that we don't know how accurate the achievement rarity tracking is:

Campaign:
- 65% completed Mission 1
- 45% completed Mission 7
- 35% completed Mission 15
- 29% completed the game on Normal
- 9% completed the game on Heroic
- 3% completed the game on Legendary

Note: There is no achievement for easy

Arena:
- 27% got a CSR rank
- 34% completed 5 games of Slayer
- 11% completed 5 games of Strongholds
- 11% completed 5 games of CTF
- 16% completed 5 games of Breakout

Warzone:
- 32% completed 3 matchmade games of Warzone
- 15% won a match on all three original Warzone maps
- 39% opened a Gold REQ pack

Customization:
- 53% changed their Emblem
- 39% changed their Service Tag
- 46% changed their Helmet/Armor/etc.

Fuchsdh

Since achievement rarity dropped with the latest Xbox One preview update I found this interesting to share. Note that we don't know how accurate the achievement rarity tracking is:

Yeah, that's a pretty cool new feature, since before the only real tracking was through sites like TrueAchievement which obviously skews the results.

I'm still amazed completion numbers are that low across the board though. Were a third of players really not doing more than a mission and five games before they quit?

Yeah, that's a pretty cool new feature, since before the only real tracking was through sites like TrueAchievement which obviously skews the results.

I'm still amazed completion numbers are that low across the board though. Were a third of players really not doing more than a mission and five games before they quit?

People who buy games rarely finish them or play them more than a day. Like, no, seriously.

This is why companies adding features that help with day 1 sales (H4 CoD-ifying for example) is so fucking frustrating. Many times, they cater to the people who aren't going to play the game in any appreciable amount.

Akai__

Breakout is more popular than CTF and Strongholds. kappa

Strongholds is my least favourite gametype, but that's because I don't know how to play it. If we ever get map/gametype vetos, then Strongholds will always be on that list.

Breakout straight up sucks, but it's kinda funny now since it's Social and can be used for doing stupid shit in the playlist.

Seems weird, right? Gonna have to check out other games, too. Heard even Xbox 360 games support the achievement rarity.

Top Bottom